Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

FIFA 11

This statement sums it all up for me when it comes to playing online (and Pro Ranked Matches in particular):

Let's see, one, more or all of the following happens when I play 'Pro Ranked Match', if none of these has ever happened to you since October then you are probably the luckiest player in the world.

1. 'Connection to your opponent has been lost' when there's 11 v 11 waiting.

2. 'Your opponent has left the match (same as above.)

3. The ones who wait n the middle, not choosing a team for the whole 2 minutes giving the game about 80% of causing either #1 or 2.

4. The ones who wait in the pick your position area for the whole 30 seconds because they never got striker.

4a. - Who then pick Golkeeper and spend the game scoring own goals, true they can get kicked but if the keeper is Captain then forget it.

4b. - As above but they're a defender instead.

4c. - As above above but they're the Any guy.

4d. - See c but they dick about so a striker leaves, then they decide to play brilliantly.

4e. - Sometimes the timer breaks in the pick a position area and the guys never bother, this can last up to 10 minutes, seriously.

5. - The minature dude who sprints everywhere playing everyones positions.

6. - The noisy Xbox Live losers who always scream orders and say you're shit when you don't only for them to get the ball, arse it up and say nothing.

7. - EVERY one of these things can be identified very easily because 9/10 times any of the above has happened, they're ALWAYS wearing the 'giant afro' hairstyle, it's like their signature or something.

http://forums.downlo...4826823-p2.aspx

And right now, I can't really play Pro Ranked Matches nicely, because all I get is a massive delay when controlling my player.

EA Servers are really, really bad and regardless of the "great new features" of FIFA 12, the online playability has got to be the main area of improvement...

You don't need to be a good player on FIFA in general to win. All you need is a team full of fast and strong players, they just walk through defenders.

May sound stupid but its true.

I'd say on Legendary you do have to be half decent at it to be honest. See what you're getting at though.

The AI is great on FIFA 11... that is, for the team you're playing against.

My own virtual teammates know nothing about tackling, closing down and they seem particularly drawn to letting the opposition attack on the flanks without really bothering that much.

Usually, they just stroll along their counterparts, just like a picnic amongst good old friends.

Having said that, playing Career Mode as a defender with Lyngby FC, the weakest team in the Danish league, doesn't help, either.

The AI is great on FIFA 11... that is, for the team you're playing against.

My own virtual teammates know nothing about tackling, closing down and they seem particularly drawn to letting the opposition attack on the flanks without really bothering that much.

Usually, they just stroll along their counterparts, just like a picnic amongst good old friends.

Having said that, playing Career Mode as a defender with Lyngby FC, the weakest team in the Danish league, doesn't help, either.

Your own teams AI is poor, I hate it when I'm running down the wing and I get 2 players running right alongside me and literally none moving into the box, no matter how good their positioning score.

Since mid-July, I've spotted much more hacked Virtual Pros in Pro Ranked Matches.

You know, the 7 foot-something lanky guys with afro hairstyle and a 127 overall rating who usually tend to play the game for themselves, but not the team.

Why can't EA sort this out?

They spoil every decent match.

Won the FA Cup and stormed the division with League Two Barnet on Legendary. I never like having deep squads on FIFA though, it's a right ballache rotating tired players round between Europa League ties with Juventus and JPT clashes with Exeter, as well as League One, FA Cup and League Cup games. So many fixtures.

Beat Schalke 1-0, so proud of my boys.

Manager Mode on FIFA 11 is just so bad. The sim game function is seriously flawed and unrealistic (on purpose?).

I mean, I don't expect to beat any team in the Premier League whilst playing with a three-and-a-half star Leicester City, but at least give me a variety of realistic results/outcomes.

The odd thing is that when you play against equally strong or "weaker" opponents (say anything from four stars to three stars), you usually end up on the losing side.

Whereas playing against top teams nets you odd 1-0 or 2-1 wins (in particular in cup competitions).

It's during those particular simmed games that the AI taking over your team then only subs one of your players, which hardly ever occurs on the highest professional level.

And it's not the fact that you usually lose, it's the fact that the simmed results hardly ever change. There is no variation. I could play against Bolton and always be sure to lose by a score of 2-1, 1-0 or 3-0.

I could try about a dozen times and I'd never get a draw or even a win.

Biggest joke was losing out against Port Vale in the FA Cup Semi-Finals (!). I put out my second-string team for the fixture, but only manage a draw.

Replay comes up and I draw again (2-2), game goes into overtime and I lose on penalties... With the penalty shootout scorers not even being shown...!!!

Speaking of cup replays, why do the home and away team don't chance location? It's always one team playing both matches at home...dunno.gif

Speaking of cup replays, why do the home and away team don't chance location? It's always one team playing both matches at home...dunno.gif

I'd assume because there are only so many stadiums in the game, and both teams are probably of the same size (league cup :dunno:) so both have the same default stadium anyway.

Archived