Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
andy_croydz

Xbox 360 ring of death?

Ok so after 2 and a half years of gaming... My xbox 360 decided it was too much for it :rolleyes:

I tried the towel trick and it worked about 5 times but now it won't work at all. The towel trick is no longer a way of beating Craig on Fifa 10.

Anyone know how much this would cost to fix? I don't want to buy a new 360, depends how much this will cost to fix though.

Whats the towel trick, just incase I ever need to use it, think it's £50-£60.

You wrap it in towels for about 20-30 mins and let it get really hot, then turn it off again, let it cool down for a few mins and then turn it back on and it sometimes works. It's only a short term fix though.

Ok so after 2 and a half years of gaming... My xbox 360 decided it was too much for it :rolleyes:

I tried the towel trick and it worked about 5 times but now it won't work at all. The towel trick is no longer a way of beating Craig on Fifa 10.

Anyone know how much this would cost to fix? I don't want to buy a new 360, depends how much this will cost to fix though.

Xbox live usually fix red lights for free, I had my xbox for 2 years and got the red lights and apparently it's a 3 year warranty for red lights. Not sure what it is now.

How much of the ring is full? 3/4? If so you can use the penny fix.

I did this about 6 months ago and its been fine since.

Thanks for the replys everyone :)

Maybes... It's 3 lights, what is the penny trick? I haven't looked that up :unsure:

Get a PS3 :ph34r::whistle:

This.

But that was so March 23rd 2007!

lol £525 for the shiny black machine, motorstorm and resistance fall of man.

Errrr... fast forward to 2010 and "a handful" of PS3 exclusives worth buying, and the 360 slim is less than £200.

No brainer right there people.

If your 360 has broken down, so what? Get the new slim and enjoy those multi-platform titles, because achievements OWN trophies right there!

You could get a shiny black thing and wait for these superior exclusives to appear once every year or two. Just to justify its superiority of course.

Thanks for the replys everyone :)

Maybes... It's 3 lights, what is the penny trick? I haven't looked that up :unsure:

Not saying that it will work for you but it sure did for me. Takes around 1-2 hours to do and you need patience with all the screws you have to undo.

You will need - Small Screwdriver, tawkshead screws T9 and T15 from memory.

8 x 1pence peices. Preferably dated between 1944 and 1981 as the copper content is higher.

Electrical tape.

2 1/2 years? That's rubbish -my PS2 lasted for 7 before i had to take it apart and give it a quick dust (laser was covered - motors sort of gone on the disc drive as well - only picks up some games - Can find tekken and Fifa 04 but not any of the other fifas) & the PS1 is still going fine after however long.

The point: Any Playstation > X-box.

This.

But that was so March 23rd 2007!

lol £525 for the shiny black machine, motorstorm and resistance fall of man.

Errrr... fast forward to 2010 and "a handful" of PS3 exclusives worth buying, and the 360 slim is less than £200.

No brainer right there people.

If your 360 has broken down, so what? Get the new slim and enjoy those multi-platform titles, because achievements OWN trophies right there!

You could get a shiny black thing and wait for these superior exclusives to appear once every year or two. Just to justify its superiority of course.

Even though I have an Xbox and prefer them over the PS3, you have made such a fanboy post here, the PS3 isn't £525 anymore and the two games listed are quality (played them at a friend's).

In fact a PS3 is more around the same price as an Xbox nowadays. And arguing about how achievements are better than trophies is just pathetic. People prefer PS3 to Xbox 360, get over it.

2 1/2 years? That's rubbish -my PS2 lasted for 7 before i had to take it apart and give it a quick dust (laser was covered - motors sort of gone on the disc drive as well - only picks up some games - Can find tekken and Fifa 04 but not any of the other fifas) & the PS1 is still going fine after however long.

The point: Any Playstation > X-box.

Yeah I got my PS2 in 2002 and it still works now, 8 years on.

Playstation is much more reliable than an 360, i'll probably just get a PS3 at some point in the future rather than another 360.

Archived