Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
andy_croydz

Xbox 360 ring of death?

lol My bad, just winds me up with people arguing about which console is better when it really doesn't matter.

Even if an Xbox 360 lasted 1 year it would be better than a ps2, who wants to play a ps2 these days? What you've said doesn't account for Ps3, I know of 2 people who've had theirs go tits up. Ps3's are the least popular out of the 3 next gen consoles, that might change soon, but for now it is in that position thanks to poor marketing, amongst other reasons.

• 1 month later...

Get the new Slim Xbox from Argos, only £139 I think.

Yeah just seen this, only 4GB though but to be fair I'm not one to stick music,photos and any data bar saved games on the hard drive so I might just get that, what an absolute bargain.

360's are the kings.

Yeah just seen this, only 4GB though but to be fair I'm not one to stick music,photos and any data bar saved games on the hard drive so I might just get that, what an absolute bargain.

360's are the kings.

For an extra £60 though you get 246GB extra. May as well have the extra memory at hand rather than risk running out.

For an extra £60 though you get 246GB extra. May as well have the extra memory at hand rather than risk running out.

Yeah I know it'sa colossal jump, just like the idea of the 4gb being smaller and slimmer than the 250 as it does get transported to and from uni quite a bit plus it's mainly used for vs fifa and on live, I'll hardly ever play 1 player career/title mode of a game if you know what I mean.

Yeah I know it'sa colossal jump, just like the idea of the 4gb being smaller and slimmer than the 250 as it does get transported to and from uni quite a bit plus it's mainly used for vs fifa and on live, I'll hardly ever play 1 player career/title mode of a game if you know what I mean.

Yeah makes sense if you need something more portable. Best tip I can offer about buying a replacement is find somewhere that gives student discount (I think Play.com and amazon do if you have NUS extra) and if you get a package, get the most recent games and sell them straight on on ebay or something. When I had to get a new PS3 I managed to get £25 straight back from the game that came with it.

For the Red Rings xbox give you a 3 year warrenty... It has too be an E64 or something warning. Ring them up or go online and get it sent off and they will send you a new one back. If not just go nick one from game, the nerds will give up chase after 50-60 metres...

If your getting a new Slim 360 you may as well get the Slim for only £189. You'll probably get £20 in vouchers in you buy it from Argos.

You can also get £80 for your 120GB elite in Gamestation, thats where I traded mine in.

However with the new Slim, you only get 1 year warranty on everything that can go wrong. With the old consoles you got 1 year standard but 3 years for E64 and 3 red rings. After 1 year of having my new 360 I am going to buy a extra 2 years warranty plan, from Gamestation probably, only around £25.

Well I have just bought a brand new PS3 slim 250gb with 4 games for £205 on Ebay lol

The 4 games are... Tiger Woods 11, Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and Little Big Planet. If it turns up and is genuinly new and works fine... I have just picked up an absolute bargain to be honest. Just eargerly waiting for it to arrive now.

Guest Mee-9

Well I have just bought a brand new PS3 slim 250gb with 4 games for £205 on Ebay lol

The 4 games are... Tiger Woods 11, Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and Little Big Planet. If it turns up and is genuinly new and works fine... I have just picked up an absolute bargain to be honest. Just eargerly waiting for it to arrive now.

Amazing game mate.

Best PS3 game there is.

Archived