Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Squad numbers announced

Would DJ be given a squad number at all if he was about to leave the club? I'm sure there are a few people out there who will run out tomorrow morning to get "Campbell 32" printed on the back of their new home/away shirt. Seems very unfair if he's about to depart

Squad numbers are mainly just a number but they mean something to an extent.

Obviously the players given number 1-11 are expected to be key players. DJ being 32 doesn't mean anything in this case though. Dickov was 22 for 2-3 years and he was a key player. I think Brian Deane was given the number 20 something when he played 30 odd games in Division 1 with Dickov wasn't he? Number 27 I think.

Most of those numbers are the same as last year, with only Gallagher moving up to a vacant number and for some odd reason Tunchev moving to number 3 from 5. Squad numbers mean next to nothing, wasn't DJ something like 32 last season in the spells he was here? If they actually meant anything I'm sure Berner would have taken the number 3 shirt.

He's still our player at the minute. But that could change in the next few days. He could be here at the start of the season, he might not. The odds are more in favour of him going to be honest.

Just to add, maybe Dj's trying to copy becks.... Becks wore 23, and then 32. lol.

He's still our player at the minute. But that could change in the next few days. He could be here at the start of the season, he might not. The odds are more in favour of him going to be honest.

Just to add, maybe Dj's trying to copy becks.... Becks wore 23, and then 32. lol.

ahh right, thanks for sharing that.. sounds like he's a gonner then <_<

Working away mate, so I can only get on here on my phone and it doesn't show that i've got messages unless I go in and check. Will have a butchers now mate.

Clutching at straws but a high shirt number doesn't necessarily mean Sousa won't give him much game time. Shefki Kuqi for example wore number 42 last season and was pretty much an ever present in the Swansea side. As I say though, just straw clutching.

Archived