Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Squad numbers announced

Maybe his number matches to how many goals he plans on scoring?

To be fair, if he actually scored 32 or more goals for us this season I will eat dog turd.

I hope he scores a lot but I cannot see him scoring more than 20.

To be fair, if he actually scored 32 or more goals for us this season I will eat dog turd.

I hope he scores a lot but I cannot see him scoring more than 20.

I can see no more than mid twenties, but that wouldnt be too bad!

Have to be optimistic now.

Clutching at straws but a high shirt number doesn't necessarily mean Sousa won't give him much game time. Shefki Kuqi for example wore number 42 last season and was pretty much an ever present in the Swansea side. As I say though, just straw clutching.

Kuqi joined in January and pretty much every number up to 42 had been taken. Clutch harder.

I do love how everyone's shitting themselves that DJ's leaving now though, nobody (including me) gave a shit 2 weeks ago.

I love that quote, that is me all over. I'd have took a bag of chips and pint for him 2 weeks ago, now I'm thinking that we will be struggling to find someone even half decent with the money we'd get for him to fill the void.

If DJ does go however and we get silly money, and then swan off and sign some premiership hotshot youngster (most likely on loan) that could help me to recover! haha

Squad numbers mean **** all, Hobbs is 25 and he's first on the team sheet.

I do love how everyone's shitting themselves that DJ's leaving now though, nobody (including me) gave a shit 2 weeks ago.

Exactly my thoughts.

Besides don't an awful lot of players in Italian sides usually wear numbers in their 40's or 70's??

Exactly my thoughts.

Besides don't an awful lot of players in Italian sides usually wear numbers in their 40's or 70's??

Gary Hooper has number 88 for Celtic, does that mean he's going to be shipped out already? :ph34r:

Antonio Cassano played with the number 99 for Sampdoria

However, there are generally more players in a squad in Europe which is why some players play with ridiculously high numbers on their shirts. Gigi Buffon had to change his from 88 to 77 as it had racist conotations. Squad numbers eh? Tis a bit of a mystery.

If 9 or 10 is available DJ has had it, both at Leicester and first spell at Blackpool. Howard and King not going to give those up.

Blackpool 2nd spell and Brentford Both 19. - Wellens has had this at Doncaster and now here. So couldn't have that.

After that could be something to do with the number 5.

Birmingham City was 14.

Derby County last season was 32.

For us last season he was 23.

DJ is saying I know can not say where I know this but Blackpool have been given 19 million and they plan to spend some on DJ, however he has said he wants to stay at Leicester. When I think of strikers I think number 9,10,12,18,22,24,32 on there shirts, so don't read anything into this.

Archived