Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stand UP...

Formula 1 2010

I got this last week but on career mode still cant figure out how to put automatic break or unless you cant that is? it automatically breaks for you on grand prix !! but not career mode

When you go into career and then select the next gp you can change the driver aids/settings before you race. Its alot harder to overtake anything with it on though mate as it just overrides yr acceleration, would definately advise leaving it off and just practicing at it until yr judging of braking distance on each track improve.

When you go into career and then select the next gp you can change the driver aids/settings before you race. Its alot harder to overtake anything with it on though mate as it just overrides yr acceleration, would definately advise leaving it off and just practicing at it until yr judging of braking distance on each track improve.

ok cheers mate being blonde obviously if its that easy to change!! ill give it a go though

• 2 weeks later...

Just for anyone interested, argos are selling the Microcon steering wheel & pedals for £35. Its not the best set but certainly does a job. Ive bought a stand for them to go on aswell from play.com for £60 which makes it alot better.

Great for forza 3 too.

Everything on hard and most difficult driving assists, except I use automatic gears:

Season 1: Virgin, finish 4th at Hockenheim and 3rd in Abu Dhabi.

Season 2: Move to Lotus where I score about 140 points and win my first race in Abu Dhabi.

Season 3: Toro Rosso, wins in Bahrain, Hockenheim and Italy

Season 4: MCLAREN!

Everything on hard and most difficult driving assists, except I use automatic gears:

Season 1: Virgin, finish 4th at Hockenheim and 3rd in Abu Dhabi.

Season 2: Move to Lotus where I score about 140 points and win my first race in Abu Dhabi.

Season 3: Toro Rosso, wins in Bahrain, Hockenheim and Italy

Season 4: MCLAREN!

Cheat!

• 2 weeks later...

Its £21.99 if you buy it off their website

Now THATS a bargain!

Indeed.

I decided to pick this up. This'll do nicely over the holidays.

I like it. It's pretty decent although it feels like a combination of NFS and Burnout without deciding for sure which it is.

That's first impressions anyway.

I had the original of this on PS2 and most of the features on that have stepped up a notch or two in this one. It's all good.

Leading a race only to crash on a final stretch and lose it... brings back the memories... lol

The AI can be devilish at times. No change there then!

Indeed.

I decided to pick this up. This'll do nicely over the holidays.

I like it. It's pretty decent although it feels like a combination of NFS and Burnout without deciding for sure which it is.

That's first impressions anyway.

I had the original of this on PS2 and most of the features on that have stepped up a notch or two in this one. It's all good.

Leading a race only to crash on a final stretch and lose it... brings back the memories... lol

The AI can be devilish at times. No change there then!

Criterion, the guys that have made this, also make the Burnout games. If you didnt gather that already?

Am loving this game at the minute, cant stop playing it.

I think they have done a real good job in merging the two franchises together to be fair, the takedowns and the map aspect from burnout with the nitrous and sheer speed aspect of NFS.

It can get annoying sometimes though when the AI plants an oncoming car right on the finish line whilst you are slap bang in the middle of a level III Turbo boost!!!

Criterion, the guys that have made this, also make the Burnout games. If you didnt gather that already?

Am loving this game at the minute, cant stop playing it.

I think they have done a real good job in merging the two franchises together to be fair, the takedowns and the map aspect from burnout with the nitrous and sheer speed aspect of NFS.

It can get annoying sometimes though when the AI plants an oncoming car right on the finish line whilst you are slap bang in the middle of a level III Turbo boost!!!

Ouch.

This is where the problem lies. Before EA purchased Criterion the NFS series was pure NFS. Now that Criterion are involved the latest installment is a mix of Burnout and NFS which, in the past, were two very different racing experiences.

I'm not too fussed about it but one has to wonder where the two series go from here because this latest installment is a merger of the two imo.

Ouch.

This is where the problem lies. Before EA purchased Criterion the NFS series was pure NFS. Now that Criterion are involved the latest installment is a mix of Burnout and NFS which, in the past, were two very different racing experiences.

I'm not too fussed about it but one has to wonder where the two series go from here because this latest installment is a merger of the two imo.

The good thing(for me personally anyway) is that they have still kept the NFS Shift series going which is completely different to this. So in a way although its one company now they have still managed to keep two different styles going. Shift 2 is out next year, Q1 or 2 i think.

Back in the day the older NFS games were exactly

Like this one. Even Undercover was pretty similar.

I like the way the two firms have combined to make this game, they've got it right in my opinion.

Im not sure we will see another Burnout game now Criterion have sold out to the big boys. Which is a shame, but if this first installment is anything to go by then i think we can look forward to good things in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived