Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stand UP...

Formula 1 2010

Properly love this game.... played my first season on hard with lotus and then got to red bull for my second season, got board of that and started hammering it on xbox live. If you fancy adding me my user name is the same as my user name on here: jpsaxo

And id be interested to hear if anyone has tried putting in a really quick time round silverstone on the online time trials? From memory (im overseas at the moment) my fastest lap was 1:27.2 and im roughly 150 quickest on the time trial leadboards.

Properly love this game.... played my first season on hard with lotus and then got to red bull for my second season, got board of that and started hammering it on xbox live. If you fancy adding me my user name is the same as my user name on here: jpsaxo

And id be interested to hear if anyone has tried putting in a really quick time round silverstone on the online time trials? From memory (im overseas at the moment) my fastest lap was 1:27.2 and im roughly 150 quickest on the time trial leadboards.

I think im around 50s at Silverstone, but im 3rd fastest at Canada and fastest in the wet.

I think im around 50s at Silverstone, but im 3rd fastest at Canada and fastest in the wet.

Whats your user name? ill add your ghost and see where im losing the time on you! I know i only need another 0.3 seconds to go into the top 100

mouldybillybear, supposing you're playing it on xbox. you can add me if you want because im not massively sure where i am on the leaderboard at silverstone. that way you can just check your friends leaderboard and it makes it easier instead of searching for my name :P

• 1 month later...

Competition from Virgin Racing

Announcing the Marussia Virgin Racing F1 Championship for the Codemasters F1 2010 Game.

At Marussia Virgin Racing we want you to get involved. So we are introducing our own championship, where you can (virtually) drive our cars.

The Marussia Virgin Racing F1 Championship will be played on the Codemasters F1 2010 Play Station and XBOX game. Before each Grand Prix of the season, all the players will have five days (always starting on the Monday before the GP weekend) to set a fast lap on the track where the race is going to take place that week.

Everyone will always have to compete using the 2010 specification race car (you can either drive as Timo, or add your own name - or even Jérôme's). The lap can be achieved in any of the three practice sessions or during the qualifying session.

The result will have to be posted on Twitter (replying to @Marussiavirgin) or on the relevant event page on Facebook. We will also post the results, pictures and videos on our Official Facebook Page. We reserve the right to ask competitors to record a lap within one second of their posted time and upload it to YouTube. A screenshot of each time must be posted to enter each race.

We will use the same points system as in Formula One (25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1) for the 10 best laps of every Grand Prix.

At the Grands Prix we will walk round the track and take pictures and discuss on Twitter the difficulties people have had while playing the game: their favourite turn, the most difficult one, and so on. So we will be talking about the game throughout the Grand Prix week.

The overall winner will receive a guided tour of one of the Marussia Virgin Racing locations, either the Operations Centre in South Yorkshire or the Technical Centre in Banbury, with replica team clothing provided as second and third prizes.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still playing this? Just ordered it for £17. Played it before but not online, just wondering how that's done.

Assume you just get chucked into a race with a bunch of other people?

Anyone still playing this? Just ordered it for £17. Played it before but not online, just wondering how that's done.

Assume you just get chucked into a race with a bunch of other people?

Online mode is really good. 12 players , one car from each team. I usually do the quick race which is 3 laps. You do get penalised for taking out opponents and cutting chicanes.

• 2 weeks later...

Not long had this and only in my first season. The pit team keep calling me in then holding me sometimes up to 12/13 seconds whilst all the other cars pull out leaving me well backk on when I went into the pits. Is it just that the lotus team are crap and they get better when you move teams or shall I just pit when I want not when they do?

Not long had this and only in my first season. The pit team keep calling me in then holding me sometimes up to 12/13 seconds whilst all the other cars pull out leaving me well backk on when I went into the pits. Is it just that the lotus team are crap and they get better when you move teams or shall I just pit when I want not when they do?

Not sure I get what you mean?

In your career races you should have to pit once (assuming you're doing 10/20% race distance) about halfway through the race. They'll fit new tyres which takes about 5 seconds in the actual pit bay, then you'll drive off again. You're saying they take longer?

Not sure I get what you mean?

In your career races you should have to pit once (assuming you're doing 10/20% race distance) about halfway through the race. They'll fit new tyres which takes about 5 seconds in the actual pit bay, then you'll drive off again. You're saying they take longer?

Well yeah sometimes, after changing tyres etc they hold me there letting about 6 cars out before me even if I was first in the pits. Ive found if I carry on another 2 laps after they tell me to go into the pits I get in there on my own and dont get held up.

Well yeah sometimes, after changing tyres etc they hold me there letting about 6 cars out before me even if I was first in the pits. Ive found if I carry on another 2 laps after they tell me to go into the pits I get in there on my own and dont get held up.

Oooooh that's odd. I'm with Lotus too and mines been fine. Does it happen in more than one race and if so which ones?

I assume it's because there's cars driving past you and you can't pull out cuz you'd hit them. If that's the case then i'd stay out an extra lap.

Oooooh that's odd. I'm with Lotus too and mines been fine. Does it happen in more than one race and if so which ones?

I assume it's because there's cars driving past you and you can't pull out cuz you'd hit them. If that's the case then i'd stay out an extra lap.

Thats what I mean yeah, sorry I didnt explain it very well. Staying out an extra lap or two seems to have helped a lot, cheers.

Is there a 2011 game on the way? I'm gonna get a PS3 in a few months.

Yeah but not til November I think. Don't know who runs the marketing/development for them but they don't have a clue what they're doing.

They brought the price of 2010 down to £16 for the start of the 2011 season and the 2011 game will come out at the end of the 2011 season :dunno:

Archived