Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stand UP...

Formula 1 2010

looks amazing but a little easy. both demo's i've seen, the player driver seems to make it look more realistic by holding back a bit. Not seen the player overtaken by the comp either. Otherwise great.

If I can make it look that easy I would be happy - normally I'm going all over the shop in dry conditions so god knows what'll happen in the wet with all aids off (actually god and I both know, its hello Mr Barrier and back of Michael Shoemakers car time!). Chances are they've got someone decent to show the game in its best light, they wouldn't want some dullard smashing and bashing all the time.

When I went to the F1 2009 for the Wii media launch event they had Anthony Davidson driving - not too shabbily done even when using the Wiimote.

Chances are he's driving in the demo as he's all over this as well. Must be quite sad as AD, because he's always horing himself out for F1 related things but is never a full time driver.

The last great F1 game was F1 96 on the PS1 i played that game to death.. I really hope this is gonna be good as i wanna relive them full lap moments again on my next gen console!

Absolutely. That game had it all and managed to create a race circuit atmosphere unrivaled in its days - and even today.

Can't believe it's been 14 years since the last decent F1 game. Very odd, given the development in computer graphics - but the controls probably were the biggest issues in the past.

Very much looking forward to this one - check out Lewis Hamilton and his brother Nick giving it a go and compare the in-game graphics with the real race footage:

Spectacular.

This is a ridiculous time of year for games. Bought Madden last week, pre-ordered this so should get it on the 24th and then Fifa on the 1st and NBA Elite on the 8th.

God knows where i'm gonna get the time to play them all!

Is Elite what Live used to be?

Been trying to find out when the next NBA Live is out and it isnt anywhere.

Is Elite what Live used to be?

Been trying to find out when the next NBA Live is out and it isnt anywhere.

Yeah, complete overhaul. Controls are now all on the sticks, left is how you move your feet and right is hands. Didn't look that impressive from early videos but each vid seems to get better. Demo is out soon (no date set yet) and it includes the 4th quarter of last years game 7 of the Finals, a game in the new 'Become a Legend' mode and also a heavy practice mode.

Awesome video, man this game looks almost real like! I haven't kept majorly up to date on this so can people tell me if your engine fails? if there are big crashes involving AI, etc? in this day an age you would think so?

To anyone who thinks this game might be too easy....

Looks stunning! Looks very dificult with the aids turned off aswell.

Also... Watch it in High Definition, I think I had an accident in my pants over this lol

No words but Incredible can do that justice... :sweating: :sweating:

Awesome video, man this game looks almost real like! I haven't kept majorly up to date on this so can people tell me if your engine fails? if there are big crashes involving AI, etc? in this day an age you would think so?

AI wise... I can promise you that this game will be very good. It has the same sort of racing engine as Race Driver Grid which had excellent AI. Cars used to spin out because of taking the corner too quickly and they would battle with other computer cars too. I have seen videos of this where the developer says that F1 2010 will have a complex AI system, if you are pressuring the car in front and trying to overtake them... They can make mistakes from trying too hard to keep their position etc... So it does sound very good.

I wish I could get this tomorrow!! Still got to wait 3 more days <_<

AI wise... I can promise you that this game will be very good. It has the same sort of racing engine as Race Driver Grid which had excellent AI. Cars used to spin out because of taking the corner too quickly and they would battle with other computer cars too. I have seen videos of this where the developer says that F1 2010 will have a complex AI system, if you are pressuring the car in front and trying to overtake them... They can make mistakes from trying too hard to keep their position etc... So it does sound very good.

I wish I could get this tomorrow!! Still got to wait 3 more days <_<

Cheers mate! Grid was very smart AI wise from what i played.. I have been seeing some reviews for F1 2010 and it's all looking good!

What i want to know is... do they have the safety car?

Oh and shop2net have sent me emails today about my order - does that mean I can expect the game to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday?

This title has only averaged 85 on metacritic.

Having said that there's a lot going for it. This dynamic weather system looks good and the title is being compared to the likes of Geoff Crammond, back in the day.

As a total package though I'm unconvinced, I like variety in my racers and although an F1 fan myself, can't see myself getting this. Forza 3 offers more variety as far as racing goes.

What i want to know is... do they have the safety car?

Oh and shop2net have sent me emails today about my order - does that mean I can expect the game to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday?

Got the same e-mail, sounds promising but doubt it'll be any earlier than Thursday.

This title has only averaged 85 on metacritic.

Having said that there's a lot going for it. This dynamic weather system looks good and the title is being compared to the likes of Geoff Crammond, back in the day.

As a total package though I'm unconvinced, I like variety in my racers and although an F1 fan myself, can't see myself getting this. Forza 3 offers more variety as far as racing goes.

I think 85% is a good rating though. Only games that are very very good get over 90%, I have seen a lot of 9 out of 10'a for it.

Archived