Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stand UP...

Formula 1 2010

I have heard there are quite a few bugs in this game, it's kinda putting me off getting it till it gets patched....IF it gets patched, Codies are well known for not patching games that have game breaking bugs in them

The number of game breaking bugs in games recently has been way too high.

Prince of Persia did me a few weeks ago. Got to a couple of tricky jumps, missed a jump and the game saved while I was tumbling to my doom. Ended up in a section completely walled off and with no escape. The game save took me back here on a reboot too.

I had to delete the save file and use the backup - which took me back around 2 hours of gameplay!

How does this F1 game save? Can you save mid-race?

With those pit-stops, if that were to happen, perhaps save the game just before entering them? If that's possible.

The number of game breaking bugs in games recently has been way too high.

Prince of Persia did me a few weeks ago. Got to a couple of tricky jumps, missed a jump and the game saved while I was tumbling to my doom. Ended up in a section completely walled off and with no escape. The game save took me back here on a reboot too.

I had to delete the save file and use the backup - which took me back around 2 hours of gameplay!

How does this F1 game save? Can you save mid-race?

With those pit-stops, if that were to happen, perhaps save the game just before entering them? If that's possible.

So true, it seems developers are getting more lazy as the years go by and as for testers? well why even bother having them nowadays.. Last year Fifa 10 shipped with a shooting bug and had to be patched nearly straight away.. So you pay x amount of pounds and the game is bugged from the start?? is there any laws/consumer rights concering games?? It's a crime what some companies/developers get away with i'd probably accept it if games were a tenner max but 40 quid or more for bugged games isn't on

Bets Fifa 11 gets shipped with some stupid bugs that need patching? i'd put my house on it.. There just ain't many game developers you can truely rely on nowadays, it's a pity that the pound rules these companies now

If that happened to me in Prince Of Persia i think i'd have cried, something similar happened to me in Fallout 3 tho.. I kept dying in a radiated water area and it saved when i died and every save it just went back to me dying....oh i was fuming lol, had to start back from my previous save and do about 2 hours of gameplay again!

I stuck the game in, all settings off - all on expert, manual gears - the lot.

Still haven't finished a lap without spinning. Two minutes into the first practice at Sakhir and I've been handed a 5 place grid penalty for collecting Glock on one of my spins.

Enjoying this game. I may not be brilliant, I may be a total 'tard having racing line assist so I know where the cluck i'm going, and having it on custom setting, but it's fun!

Three races in on Career with Toro Rosso. Finished 23rd and 19th, both thanks to 20 second penalties, you can pick em up so easily it's unreal! Though I finally got on pole for Malaysia, only to drop 10 places with penalties, race later.

But even though I'm not winning, it doesn't matter to me, because this game is actually so good I don't need to be winning and be a hardcore F1 2010 player to enjoy it.

Really need to get myself a wheel though.

Started a career with Virgin

My views so far are that

Bahrain - the new part of the track is a bitch to drive around

Australia - quite straight forward, easy to bin it where Nakajima hit the wall in 09

Malaysia - the right hander that leads onto the back straight is extremely difficult, and the last corner is strange. The sunlight on the track confuses making me think its the run off area.

China - couldnt find a braking point on the long straight heading towards the hairpin.

Have an issue that it's rained at each track so far (least so at Malaysia) always late in practice sessions. My car is a dog to drive and feels like it's going to spin off everytime I hit the throttle

I have everything as difficult as possible, except automatic gears

Something very strange just happened on mine!! Chinese GP, Webber was 1st and I was 2nd, we both pitted both had good stops. Came out 10th and 11th, carry on a few more laps everybody else pits and we are 2nd and 3rd with Buemi leading. Im thinking its only a matter of time till he pits but carries on for the rest of the race and wins from 18th!!

I can't see when he pitted! :dunno:

Yes.... there seemed to be some strange finishers in front of me in my China GP - I started on pole and was leading as well. How do you set your own strategy by the way. do you just ignore the guy?

I think it is down to the length of race, if you have it on like 10/15% of a full race then all the cars will like pit with in 4/7 laps depending on strategy, so some cars will be falling heavily behind whilst in the pits and due to the short number of laps there is no chance to catch up..i noticed this in my race and i am quite sure it is that also other cars do crash and may be pitting more then once.

Ok, I ahve just experienced a major bug in the game :(

I pulled into the pits on lap 50 out of 58 and this happened...

So i'm stuck, I can't move and will have to retire :frusty:

I hope Codemasters patches this soon, a bug like that is major.

Thats a killer!, how did you manage to overcome that one then?

Is anyone using a wheel and pedals and, if so, whatyagot? The joypad is ok when you're using traction control and stuff, but can't help feel that I'm going to need a wheel to be consistent.

Logitech Driving Force GT

Whee, Pedals, Gear, Wheel feedback, £80 from Argos, Curry's, etc.

I'm enjoying this game, but there are a few things that really piss me off.

It's unrealistic that in a Sauber I can win some races, just wouldn't happen. Also I can easily win races at Istanbul and Silverstone, but at others I can barely complete a lap!

A few massive oversights for a racing game as well such as having no clue how far cars are in front/behind you unless your engineer tells you.

It would appear that it's not just the pits that freezes. All manner of stuff is wrong with this game such as AI not pitting at all during a race, damage having no effect on AI cars, loads of grip in wet conditions etc.

Not good enough Codemasters!

i had that with the damage, i knocked the front wing off a car and he could still keep up with me even around the corners lol

I'm enjoying this game, but there are a few things that really piss me off.

It's unrealistic that in a Sauber I can win some races, just wouldn't happen. Also I can easily win races at Istanbul and Silverstone, but at others I can barely complete a lap!

A few massive oversights for a racing game as well such as having no clue how far cars are in front/behind you unless your engineer tells you.

Agreed, especially if you have a 10 second penalty against you! But I would say that not being competitive at all circuits is not unrealistic if thats a planned feature, certain circuits tend to favour certain cars. I found myself struggling for pace at Catalyna and Monaco, where as in China and Barain I was top of the Practice charts and fairly racey.

It's one of those, if you concentrate on the fawls then it seems a poor game, but all in all its a bloody enjoyable battle.

Agreed, especially if you have a 10 second penalty against you! But I would say that not being competitive at all circuits is not unrealistic if thats a planned feature, certain circuits tend to favour certain cars. I found myself struggling for pace at Catalyna and Monaco, where as in China and Barain I was top of the Practice charts and fairly racey.

It's one of those, if you concentrate on the fawls then it seems a poor game, but all in all its a bloody enjoyable battle.

I still think it's unrealistic that I should be able to win in Istanbul in a Sauber by a good minute. I guess it's difficult to get a good balance in racing games, as tracks like Monaco are always going to difficult.

I think it shows how enjoyable the rest of the game is that those things really piss me off.

It will be interesting to see where they take the game next year. I hope they'll listen to the feedback from the community and work on balancing things better, rather than a load of new features.

Ricey - looking at your comments on the tracks you can win against the ones you can't, are the easier ones with wide and fast flowing corners not requiring a lot of downforce and do you set up yourself or just use the bog standards ones?

I ask, as I would agree with you that tracks like Instanbul, Bahrain, Australia and the like have been a lot easier than tracks like Monaco and Catalyna, but then the later two tracks would be harder to set up (Monaco requiring lots of downforce and Catalyna needing a fine balance between high and low downforce) on a standard basis and I wonder if thats what the problem is?

I take it you've won a race or two as well - sadly I've muffed my chances for a podium let alone a win (that said I wasn't impressed that in the last race I pitted before Alonso but was made to wait for him to go by before being released into 4th place :angry:)

Archived