Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tilley

Medal of Honor

I got this yesterday and Ive only played it a few hours but my first impressions are good. The single player campaign has been good so far and the graphics and gameplay seem pretty good.

I couldn't get onto the multiplayer at first because it said the EA servers were unavailable to me :dunno: but I tried again a couple of hours later and i got in first time. The more I play the multiplayer the more I like it. It has a much different feel than Call of Duty. It strikes me as much more tactical and you need to be far more careful when you move around because the maps are incredibly detailed and filled with hiding places . The only thing I dont like is the no killcam, as it plays right into the hands of campers but other than that, I like it so far

Would you consider it to be better than BFBC2 (if you've played it). Its made by the same team, so if their pretty much the same, may as well just stick with BFBC2.

Got it, played both single and multi player and have to say I am incredibly disappointed, very poor AI, weak storyline which even on the hardest difficulty level is simple and the multiplayer is average at best too few maps and weapon choices, no vehicles. Poor effort, really wanted this to be good, now its just a filler until Black Ops comes out. Will keep it though just so I can play Frontline on my PS3.

I think its a great game, online is really fun. People just expect everything to be like MW2.

But MW2 is now the benchmark, and in my opinion nothing comes close at the moment.

If you enjoy MOH then thats all that matters because its money well spent. Im just glad i only hired the game out this time instead of buying it straight the way like i usually do.

I know what you mean everyone loves mw2. But MW2 isn't realistic its more aimed at FPS beginners. I mean im not bad at the game but it pisses me off when someone uses commando and knifes me from the other side of the room whilst im shooting at him. Atleast in MOH there isnt any of that its more realistic. It's a harder game than MW2 online and i think thats why some people don't like it because they arn't very good at it. I'm not saying you're crap or anything but most of my friends dont like MOH because they are crap at it,

no vehicles.

Really? I've been having fun riding around in a Tank blowing plenty of people up. There aren't any vehicles in Deathmatch but there are in other game types.

I agree with Gav, its different to MW2, its way more realistic and I feel its much more tactical, you cant just go running round the map with marathon, lightweight and commando and pick up 20 cheap kills. You actually have to work hard, be patient and careful. Don't get me wrong, I love Call of Duty and when Black Ops comes out that's probably all I will play for months, but MOH is a refreshing change.

Really? I've been having fun riding around in a Tank blowing plenty of people up. There aren't any vehicles in Deathmatch but there are in other game types.

I agree with Gav, its different to MW2, its way more realistic and I feel its much more tactical, you cant just go running round the map with marathon, lightweight and commando and pick up 20 cheap kills. You actually have to work hard, be patient and careful. Don't get me wrong, I love Call of Duty and when Black Ops comes out that's probably all I will play for months, but MOH is a refreshing change.

Not tried that, I play sector control, its growing on me a little. Why no prone option though? When I try and capture the flag it would help to be able to lie down and take cover from the numerous snipers! Instead you have to crouch and hope no one can snipe your head off. How can this be way more realistic? Unless of course soldiers are not allowed to lie down in case their uniforms get dirty.

Really enjoying playing Frontline, makes you realise how much games have been dumbed down and made easier nowadays. Frontline is a real test of ability, unlike the new MOH single player which is simple even on the hardest difficulty level, dumb AI no test at all. Finishes Frontline on the PS2 going to struggle doing it again, its hard.

There isnt any prone because on the very first battlefield you could go prone and snipers were so hard to find. I remember on some maps everyone would be a sniper and hide in the grass couldnt find anyone was abit stupid really. There is DLC out for this on November the 2nd two new maps and a new game mode. Looks kinda like search and destroy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived