Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonny Chee

Civilization V

Got back into playing this after a LONG break due to being pretty disappointed with the game initially.

However, after a couple of expansions, it is starting to be the game it always should have been.

Currently playing at 'Immortal' level. 

I bought Brave New World the other day, I daren't start a game because I'll be up until 6am every night for a week.

It is certainly very engrossing. I started a BNW game with the Vikings and have been playing as much as I can. Went to war with the Austrians but it didn't go well and ended in a stalemate. Probably just wait until I discover nukes and then bomb them back to the Stone Age.

All joking apart, I have just formed the first worlds congress (new in BNW) as I was the first civ to discover all the others on the map. Very interesting balancing politics,economics and military strategy. Now, back to that Manhattan project.....

Going for my first 'Deity' difficulty level win currently playing as Babylon.

Off to a good start so far....

I haven't yet ventured up the skill levels as in trying to complete a game first. I'm in the 19th century now and appear to be ahead on technology, gold, culture etc. The French are pissing me off - should I go to war with them for the sake of it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't yet ventured up the skill levels as in trying to complete a game first. I'm in the 19th century now and appear to be ahead on technology, gold, culture etc. The French are pissing me off - should I go to war with them for the sake of it?

It depends if what you stand to gain outweighs the diplomatic impact. :)

Its not like the French stand a chance of winning ,,,,,,

• 1 year later...

Decided to fire this up again last week and have been hooked again ever since. Gradually building my smaller empire (only three cities). Having on going problems with Barbarians stealing my workers but have finally completed a road linking my cities and amassing gold and culture at a good rate.

No military action yet, as I think the other civs are ahead of me technologically (or at least some of them are).

Forgot how engaging this game can be!

• 1 year later...

So, really got back into playing this recently. I think I am further in to a game than I ever have been before. Getting used to the combat on the hex grid now as well...

Anyone got the new one "Beyond Earth"?

Thoughts?

Beyond earth is different but not bad. I like the non-linear tech tree. Trading doesn't seem as good but maybe I've just not got the hang of that.

Archived