Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonny Chee

Civilization V

3 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Been quite lucky on this one, managed somehow to get Belgrade to gift me a new military unit every 20 turns or so! So i just surround barbarians with free roaming soldiers ! 

Yeah same, bit overwhelming sometimes! Great game though i've found myself thinking what im going to do when i next play haha 

Watch the gold cost though. each unit costs at least 1 gold per turn to maintain

8 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Been quite lucky on this one, managed somehow to get Belgrade to gift me a new military unit every 20 turns or so! So i just surround barbarians with free roaming soldiers ! 

Yeah same, bit overwhelming sometimes! Great game though i've found myself thinking what im going to do when i next play haha 

If you start looking online for help, it becomes even more confusing. "Hardcore" players know every nuance of the game and how to squeeze every ounce of production, science, food and culture per turn by doing things in a certain way. 

That's no fun for me. I just try and make decisions as best I can and see what happens! 

Which civ are you? I tend to play English (mainly because I love to hear "I Vow To Thee My Country" whilst playing!

4 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Yes, this screwed me after my major infrastructure project to connect all my cities!

then you need to pick a culture bonus to get more gold for each city connection you have. for every problem, there is a solution

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Watch the gold cost though. each unit costs at least 1 gold per turn to maintain

I do gift as many as i can to the small cities but im not too sure whether this is permanant? Possibly revoke the protection to stop them gifting me units! 

Gold is pretty steady at the minute though, have quite a few decent trade routes too! 

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

If you start looking online for help, it becomes even more confusing. "Hardcore" players know every nuance of the game and how to squeeze every ounce of production, science, food and culture per turn by doing things in a certain way. 

That's no fun for me. I just try and make decisions as best I can and see what happens! 

Which civ are you? I tend to play English (mainly because I love to hear "I Vow To Thee My Country" whilst playing!

I can imagine it being a very competetive game to some people! 

I'm The Netherlands, share a border with Poland currently! Caught a spy of theirs in Amsterdam though and i'm not letting it slide ha! 

I wouldnt mind doing an English save! 

1 minute ago, sk3since03 said:

I do gift as many as i can to the small cities but im not too sure whether this is permanant? Possibly revoke the protection to stop them gifting me units! 

The only reason they gift you units is because of the good relationship you have from killing barbarians for them, or similar. try not doing their mission, or demanding gold from then , that will piss them off enough to sop sending troops

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

The only reason they gift you units is because of the good relationship you have from killing barbarians for them, or similar. try not doing their mission, or demanding gold from then , that will piss them off enough to sop sending troops

Nice one cheers! I'll get a few feathers russled then 

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Is it necessary or benefical to have a good relationship with City States or can you just "leave them be"?

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Is it necessary or benefical to have a good relationship with City States or can you just "leave them be"?

beneficial yes, they gift units, rare resources which are good for your happiness level, faith, and other thing, not really necessary until you get to mid game, when you can use them to gain more votes in the united nations and council, to pass new laws and perks for the game, like trade blocking an entire country to cut supply to your enemies

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

beneficial yes, they gift units, rare resources which are good for your happiness level, faith, and other thing, not really necessary until you get to mid game, when you can use them to gain more votes in the united nations and council, to pass new laws and perks for the game, like trade blocking an entire country to cut supply to your enemies

Ah, thanks mate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Svetkin357 said:

I have a 9% discount promotion code at gamesdeal.com : Battlefield 1,Civilization VI,Mafia 3,Dishonored 2,Titanfall 2, the valid date is from today to 17th Oct. I can share who need.

How much is it(with the discount)? 

Probably gonna order from Steam anyway - just easier (for me)

Archived