Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Junk messages being sent from my email address.

I have had 2 messages sent now to a random selection of people in my address book with link to websites, I had one sent a few months ago and one was sent out this morning.

I was wondering if anyone could explain what is happening, is it a company/someone hacking into my account? Also does anyone know how to stop it, or is it a case of creating a new account telling people to delete my old email address, e,t,c?

I had this on my old e-mail address, it was where someone had sent like a website link saying i had won something or other. I ended up creating a whole new email address. I think it's something they attach to your email address when you have previously clicked one of their links.

Your lucky. My work email constantly spams itself about the size of my dick!

Appartently the latest thing is to get emails from the future. A lot of people are reporting emails date 2016!

And is the Doc okay?

tumblr_kugf95XVXN1qzvqipo1_500.jpg

Change your password this worked for me.

Yeah I did that last night after doing a scan, hopefully it works, as I said that last time it happened was a month or two ago so it's hardly a regular occurrence but I don't want it to happen at all, so i've changed my password and we'll see if it does happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Give me your email address and I'll send an email from it. It's easy. Chances are, no one has your password or has hacked your account - rather this is called email spoofing and spammers simply use your email address to send out emails. Do a Google search for your email address - it might come up.

If your computer has a virus or your email account truly has been compromised, chances are you'd be seeing a whole lot more emails being sent than the odd 1 or 2 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I changed my password on the 19th August and had no problems since, although it wasn't that common before, only 1 junk message sent every 1 or 2 months so the problem may not have been solved only time will tell.

I have had the same problem happening with an AOL account that I hardly ever use over the weekend so changed my password on that aswell.

Archived