Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pete_foxes

Computer troubles

Hey guys,

I need some help with an issue im currently having with my Laptop and are hoping some of you are a little more techy than myself. I have a Windows 7 Acer ASPIRE and I have an issue with what is commonly known as the 'Blue Scren of Death' and I guess quite alot of people have come across it before without knowing it. Basically after some searching on the net, I think its down to an issue with a driver that is not working properly which I have located via the device manager. Anybody else have any experiences with this problem? and if so how did you fix it? :dunno: any help would be much appreciated. :)

Which device is the driver for when you look at it in Device Manger.

Best thing would be to try and Update the driver either by selecting Update Driver from the Properties menu of the item in Device Manager or go to the manufactures website and try and locate the latest drivers from there. Once you let us know which device you think is causing the problem, I can provide a few more specifics!

Also, for future reference, there is a thread at the top in the Stickys that is specific for helping those with computer issues! :-)

My Acer Aspire 7730's Screen burnt out. The LCD cable set on fire inside the laptop, overnight. Burnt all the surrounding plastic. Was lucky it didn't set fire to anything else in the house.

Which device is the driver for when you look at it in Device Manger.

Best thing would be to try and Update the driver either by selecting Update Driver from the Properties menu of the item in Device Manager or go to the manufactures website and try and locate the latest drivers from there. Once you let us know which device you think is causing the problem, I can provide a few more specifics!

Also, for future reference, there is a thread at the top in the Stickys that is specific for helping those with computer issues! :-)

First of all thanks for the tips everyone, much appreciated :thumbup:

Hitesh, the driver is the 'Security Processor Loader Driver' :blink: and also their seems to be some problems with McAfee Internet security. The Issue with getting it off the manufactures website is that the Laptop will only start in Safe mode and Internet is impossible when set in safe mode I think? The blue screen message only comes up for a short amount of time but enough for me to see that it comes up with Driver Less Than Equal? with dashes and a few letters in there aswell, but its not up for long enough for me to see excatly where. Its the properties section in the device manager? I cant seem to do anything with the properties in device manager. :cry:

Sorry about the Sticky thread.. I posted this and saw that seconds after I'd posted the thread in the main section.

Cheers, and thanks again all.

First of all thanks for the tips everyone, much appreciated :thumbup:

Hitesh, the driver is the 'Security Processor Loader Driver' :blink: and also their seems to be some problems with McAfee Internet security. The Issue with getting it off the manufactures website is that the Laptop will only start in Safe mode and Internet is impossible when set in safe mode I think? The blue screen message only comes up for a short amount of time but enough for me to see that it comes up with Driver Less Than Equal? with dashes and a few letters in there aswell, but its not up for long enough for me to see excatly where. Its the properties section in the device manager? I cant seem to do anything with the properties in device manager. :cry:

Sorry about the Sticky thread.. I posted this and saw that seconds after I'd posted the thread in the main section.

Cheers, and thanks again all.

System restore?

Archived