Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Slow Start in the League....

Been doing a bit of research to see how Sousa started off at Swansea at the start of last season. It appears they needed time to get used to his style and system, just like we need time now.

At the end of August, here is where Swansea were at the end of August.

5 points out of 15. Not good but similar to our start of 1 out of 12.

At the end of September.

They had only gained 6 points from the last month.

End of October. They had started to improve, didnt let goals in and were now just 2 points from the PO's after a poor start.

End of Novemeber. Albeit only playing three games, the Swans were now inside the PO's. And by New Year they had cemented their position inside it.

Just to show that he needed time at Swansea after a slow start, but he turned it around and guided them to their highest ever finish. We need to give him time here too, theres no point judging him until at least the end of November, in my opinion anyway, and who knows by then we could be lurking just outside the playoffs and no one would care about the start then.

Come on Leicester! :scarf:

True, Martin O'neill had a slow start when he took over at Leicester.

Not forgetting Roy Keane had a slow start with Sunderland when they won the championship.

Oh and Forest had a similar start last season and ended up in the playoffs.

Ipswich had a poor start to the season last year but are now third in the league.

I can stop worrying now we will be fine based on these comparisons. :rolleyes:

Slow start indeed.

Palace away in the opener was always going to be tricky.

Point at home to Boro was a satisfactory result I thought at the time but given their poor start it wasnt much of an achievement.

Beaten at Burnley, again no surprise.

Reading home, disappointed we didnt get anything from it because they have had a poor start too.

I expected us to be right down the table after a difficult batch of opening fixtures. Maybe we can put some kind of run together now and at least stay amongst the top ten.

League cup is the only positive so far. We could do with a run in the Cups this season because I cant see us doing anything in the league.

Yeah its only 4 games blah blah blah, its still disappointing to see you team lose tho. Im not calling for sousas head and i know it will take time but thinhs are not right behind the scenes at the walkers. Ive just got a funny feeling sousa wont be here very long.

Saints have sacked Pardew this morning due to their slow start to the season. Although they have 4 times as many points as us after 3 games with a W1 D1 L1 record so far.

Bit harsh dont you think.....

so this is where all the fans with the right attitude are lol i remember Reading last year to who started poor and couldn't win at home to save there lives, we even went there played crap and stole it. Altho i dont think we was that bad 2nd half a case of we deserved that comes to mind.

Archived