Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aleksz

Yuki Abe

0,,10274~9014953,00.jpg

they look like twins! ;D ones just more thai and the others just more jap.

oh well if he gets a brace against Cardiff i wont complain! (and we win :P )

I like how on the OS they put in brackets after their name whether our chairman was (right) or (left) lol

I hope his team-mates make him feel welcome. Few Japanese imports have adapted well to the demands of English football.

Yuki clearly has considerable ability, as was seen at the World Cup.

But many of us remember Kaebi and hope that Yuki doesn't suffer a similar fate.

kaebi was a boy, abe is an experienced pro, they come from completely different cultures - please can people stop comparing the two...

if it happens for abe it happens, but please people, stop lumping every signing from east of the Aegean in the same box :banghead:

think you're right.

Japenese world superbike rider Noric Abe pronounced 'Arbay'

hope he's as quick!

abe is hardly quick he is 6 foot under now! granted he used to be fast*ish* but even after leavin wsbk and gp when he went back to japanese series he was slowwwwwwwwww.. i mean watanbe beat him and look at how slow watanbe was in bsb!

but yeh i loved the overhead kick he scored against bayern munich on that youtube vid.. more of the same plz!

i am not going to be a stereo trpical leicester supporter either and slate him if he has a bad first game... least gota give him time to settle in to the english game and life and if he can do those things his game will get better aswell!

As far as Yuki Abe goes, it would be worth considering the commercial interests of the new owners, and the merchandising opportunities in Japan.

For example the Korean guy who plays for Man U - Clarendon Park or something. They go mad over there to see on of their own over here.

A very astute business signing.

It would be worth getting his autograph in Japanese. Quite a collectors item.

as mentioned earlier, I really hope the Leicester fans and the rest of the team make him feel as welcome as possible. mainly because of the culture shock of moving to the other side of the world which is usually shared amongst all east asian players. the bigger the reception we give him the bigger morale and confidence boost he will receive. Also would help him settle quicker. As long as we do that and keep off his back i think he will play some great football for us.

From The Blue Army

Leicester City have pulled off a real coup by signing Japanese international Yuki Abe.

That is the view of English journalists working in Japan who expected the 28-year-old international to join a Premier League club.

Abe, who confirmed his switch to the Walkers Stadium on Tuesday, has become City's most high-profile capture since current Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini signed for Peter Taylor back in 2001.

The Japanese-based journalists say Abe is a big star in the J-League and had been the subject of a record £3m transfer deal when he left his hometown club JEF United Chiba for Urawa Reds in 2007.

He earned around £500,000-a-year with Urawa. City will not disclose the fee for Abe, but the Mercury understands it is a nominal one.

Leicester-born James Mulligan, who spent time as a football writer on the Japan Times, said: "I was really surprised when I heard Leicester had signed him.

"I thought he would be off to a Premier League club. He is a good player who would have been ideal for the likes of Stoke and Fulham, but I think it's really good business for Leicester."

Another English journalist, Alan Gibson, who has reported on J-League matches since it started in 1993, said Abe "would be missed" in Japan.

Gibson, originally from the West Midlands, runs the www.jsoccer.com website and said: "Leicester have done very well, particularly if they have paid less than the £3m he cost Urawa."

Gibson said Urawa Reds models themselves on Manchester United. "Their full title is Mitsubishi Urawa Football Club which spells out MUFC – and they play in red.

"Abe is a very popular player and I know whenever they had All-Star games, similar to what happens in America with baseball, he was usually involved.

"When the Reds host big matches at their stadium in Saitama they get around 60,000 fans, but the average gates are around 15-20,000."

Abe had been a late addition to the Japanese starting 11 for their World Cup campaign in South Africa this summer which saw them go out on penalties to Paraguay.

Gibson said: "I know one of the issues over his work permit was that he had not played in 75 per cent of internationals in the past two years, although he has nearly 50 caps.

"He has been on the fringes of the first team for Japan for years, but not necessarily a first-choice player until just before the World Cup when Japan lost three games in a row and the manager switched the whole team around, and Abe cemented his spot."

Abe, who is 29 on Monday, would have been in the squad for this week's internationals, but has been allowed time to acclimatise with his new team-mates.

Japan win against paraguay yesterday.

Long Highlight here ( for people who are interested )

1st half

2nd half

Endo, Tulio wasn't there. Some news face, new coach and most japan league players with some euro.

No news about Abe

Japan win against paraguay yesterday.

Endo, Tulio wasn't there. Some news face, new coach and most japan league players with some euro.

No news about Abe

I heard Abe and another player who was moving to Germany were left out the squad to complete their moves.

[Congratulations on your signing of Yuki Abe (even if he does have a girls name .. lol). Yuki is a work-horse and seldom spectacular (although he has scored some crackers), however, he does his job well and will be missed at Urawa. I hope he does well for you this season, excluding the Cardiff game. Life could be made easier for him with players like Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra out.

ps: Regarding the "experts" view above. Urawa don't really model themselves on Utd anymore. Mitsubishi has been removed and it's just Urawa Reds.

Urawa regularly get 50,000+ crowds and the average attendance is around 45,000. The 15,000 - 20,000 figure is the average attendance for league cup games played at the much smaller Komaba stadium.

ps: Regarding the "experts" view above. Urawa don't really model themselves on Utd anymore. Mitsubishi has been removed and it's just Urawa Reds.

Urawa regularly get 50,000+ crowds and the average attendance is around 45,000. The 15,000 - 20,000 figure is the average attendance for league cup games played at the much smaller Komaba stadium.

I have no interest in watching video footage of the guy but am quite sure he'll be a massive asset and in a totally different class to Kaebi. Indeed it was plain from day one in the reserves that Kaebi would have no chance. But the Japanese - well, do they ever export anything sub-standard? lol

I have no interest in watching video footage of the guy but am quite sure he'll be a massive asset and in a totally different class to Kaebi. Indeed it was plain from day one in the reserves that Kaebi would have no chance. But the Japanese - well, do they ever export anything sub-standard? lol

all those cars (think it was either honda or toyota) with faulty brakes earlier this year

Archived