Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

PES 11 v FIFA 11

First, I know there are seperate Fifa and Pro Evo threads, but as this is a comparison of the two games I thought a new thread was okay. If mods disagree, please erase or move this :)

Okay, so the demos for both games arrived for everyone today and I'm interested to know what people think! I am a PES lad through and through and am still enjoying the 09 edition (I reckon I'm the only one who thinks it's good). I skipped the 10 edition, and last year I bought Fifa 10 so I could play as all the English teams and thought it was utter shite to be honest. EA, though, surprised me with the World Cup edition which i thoroughly enjoyed. Perhaps it was just the world cup fever getting the better of me.

But onto this years editions.

Pes 11 is brilliant. It takes some getting used to but i find it really enjoyable, and takes me back to the ps2 days where it was the dominant football series. The new passing mode works brilliantly, and the Game Plan option seems pretty cool too. Plus the menu is nice and easy to figure out. It's a shame that there is no commentary as I'd like to see how JIm Beglin does it (surely it can only be better than Lawro?). But all in all, the demo is really enjoyable, and I thought my mind was already made up about getting this ahead of the new fifa.

But then I tried Fifa. And even though its only a slight improvement on the World cup edition, I was blown away. As i mentioned earlier, I hated the 10 edition. Dont know why, it just didnt appeal to me. But this demo was brilliant! Really enjoyed the two matches I played. Great graphics, great stadium effects. The one VERY noticable downside is the commentary. Terrible. But I can live with that. The game more than makes up for that. And the opportunity to play as pretty much every english team is a very big plus!

So I'm left with a difficult decision, but i must say that Fifa narrowly has the edge! As stupid as i am, ill probably get both eventually!

But I take my hat off for Konami and EA. Both have created great games this year, and I dont think I've ever said that before!

my rating:

FIFA 11: 9.5/10

PES 11: 9.4/10

Yes, its that close!

What do you guys think? :)

EDIT: I know it's hard to judge finally by the demo, but it certainly gives a good idea of the gameplay which is the most important factor.

Pro Evolution Soccer - officially letting you down since 2006.

Hence my preference for the FIFA series.

It may lose out in graphical terms, but the playability is superb, the licenses are all sorted and the editor's now also been improved with the newest installment.

I used to like PES more back in the day, but FIFA absolutely murders it nowadays. It isn't a game i can get bored of either and i'm really looking forward to 11. Hopefully the ratings will be kinder towards us this year now we aren't a team who have just been promoted. No doubt they will end up getting things wrong like making Neilson quality just because he used to be Hearts captain. Hope Dyer is even faster than before too :D

I used to like PES more back in the day, but FIFA absolutely murders it nowadays. It isn't a game i can get bored of either and i'm really looking forward to 11. Hopefully the ratings will be kinder towards us this year now we aren't a team who have just been promoted. No doubt they will end up getting things wrong like making Neilson quality just because he used to be Hearts captain. Hope Dyer is even faster than before too :D

The FIFA team were the only people to see the true quality that the Viking possesses; this is another way of looking at it.

All the players on FIFA are the same just speed that's different evo has a physical element and this years is superb.

Well from what EA are saying that personality + will sort that out.. I have noticed it in the demo aswell but still big lumps at the back still catch up with quicker players, that should be adressed by EA but with it being nearly release date i can't see it happening

----------------

I have played both demos and i have to say FIFA gets the vote for me again.. PES while a huge improvement over the rubbish Konami have delivered lately still falls short in areas.. Fifa has some good clever changes but still feels a tad samey but gameplay seems better and seems harder...?

At this moment in time playing both i'd rate Fifa 8 and PES 7

Played both last night, PES got deleted after 2 games, as it's a complete waste of space on my PS3. Graphics are shite, the atmospheres even worse, the only good thing about that game is the shooting.

FIFA is immense, the gameplays brilliant, the colours are brighter, the crowds louder, even the menu's are slicker.

I actually think graphically PES is better now. Their graphics are much sharper and crisper and they spend a lot of time trying to get the game to look as much like watching a match on TV as possible.

However the gameplay is just awful, it feels clunky and very limited.

For years it was always PES = great gameplay and FIFA = great graphics, now it's the other way round.

Archived