Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackirius

Portsmouth away (Carling Cup 3rd Round) Post Match

So who do we want in our UEFA Cup group?

Lech Poznan, Napoli, Marseille and Pauli.

..... now watch us lose what is actually important, the league match, it'd be typical Leicester.

What's to say one victory doesn't entail the other though? Without a win tonight we'd be low on confidence facing the same side three days later, under pressure to get a win in front of the cameras against fellow strugglers. As it is, we're high on confidence, safe in the knowledge we've beaten the same side earlier in the week (granted, there'll probably be changes for both teams) and ready to do the same again.

We're all going on a European tour, European tour, European tour! :scarf:

Twined with our second League one tour? Just think of it, Grimsby away and then catch the boat to play Alborg, back home for another crucial league game down south against Plymouth and then catch a flight to Madrid to take on Atheltico.

Well we'll definitely lose the league game now. We've won tonight, we'll completely change the team for Friday AND I'm going. It's going to end in disaster. <_<:rolleyes:

Although it's great to get another win under our belts, especially against a side in a similar position and vein of form as ourselves. Just need to turn it into momentum and build on it.

Twined with our second League one tour? Just think of it, Grimsby away and then catch the boat to play Alborg, back home for another crucial league game down south against Plymouth and then catch a flight to Madrid to take on Atheltico.

Unless Grimsby get promoted twice it aint gonna happen :D

The game without doubt benefited certain players. Namely Logan made some quality saves, especially from Nugent. From the other end ground it didn't look like he could do anything about the goal. Lamey was solid I thought and Kennedy looked a lot better then what I've seen of him before. Abe looked very good all over the pitch and has to be a regular based on that performance. I still don't rate Moreno even in his prefered position, looked off the pace despite being involved in a few decent passages of play. Also N'Guessan wasn't at the races at all, I thought, when he came on. Overall I ws impressed

enjoyed the match with pressure off for once. They all did ok except moreno who was poor second half and dng who has the touch of a rapist. Don't think pompey will make many changes for friday given they could hardly name a full bench tonight.

Thought Logan, Morro and Dyer were great tonight. Can't believe whoever that was who rated Moreno at a 5, that was probably his best performance for us so far, looked much more comfortable there and put in some great challenges. Abe looks like he'll be a cracking signing too.

Not necessarily. I'd like a big prem club and we can just leak it to the media that we intend to kick the crap out of them. Studs, shoulders and elbows for 90 minutes. They'l run scared and play a reserve team and we can claim a scalp that will set us up for the rest of the season.

or arsenal who'd name their youth side anyway?

My concern is that they worked us out in the second half and pressed us alot more, just like QPR did last weekend. I feel they won't come out and give us so much time and space in the first half on Friday night. Definate starters on Friday for them will be Kitson, Brown & Utaka, the first two made an obvious difference when they came on last night.

On the positive side, Abe and Moreno looked great last night, Abe covered every inch of that pikey pitch bless him! I enjoyed having my beloved team visit my city last night and cannot wait for Friday night for another dose! :scarf:

Archived