Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackirius

Portsmouth away (Carling Cup 3rd Round) Post Match

How did Vitor look last night? Can we be confident that he is able to follow Sousa's instructions that has turned Morrison and Hobbs in to wet lettuces? I do hope so.

Pleasing to hear that Abe gave the all action midfield performance that we need. He will be strong competition for Oakley and Wellens.

Was Waghorn rested last night or is he injured?

How did Vitor look last night? Can we be confident that he is able to follow Sousa's instructions that has turned Morrison and Hobbs in to wet lettuces? I do hope so.

Pleasing to hear that Abe gave the all action midfield performance that we need. He will be strong competition for Oakley and Wellens.

Cup-tied. Should be back on Friday.

Vitor looked quite composed and reliable apart from one slip which nearly led to a goal but Conrad did well. I was pleased with what I saw of him though. Waggers was cup-tied but I'm sure will be a starter on Friday night! :thumbup:

Vitor looked pretty solid, kept up with Nugents pace in the second half a few times, he can tackle too which is handy! He didn't seem to hoof the ball at all, kept passing the ball out to Morrison and the midfield. Would like to see him and Hobbs at the back with Morrison at RB on Friday.

Vitor looked pretty solid, kept up with Nugents pace in the second half a few times, he can tackle too which is handy! He didn't seem to hoof the ball at all, kept passing the ball out to Morrison and the midfield. Would like to see him and Hobbs at the back with Morrison at RB on Friday.

Keen.

This lad could be a huge asset to us this season, he's badly needed and with his pedigree and experience for Benfica should put him in good stead for us. If he can tie things over until Tunch regains fitness, if he ever does then we might just giggle at these defensive errors we've endured.

Hopefully Logan and the return of Weale will put to bed any notion of that goober from Wolves playing again for us too.

I think I speak for everybody when I say that I hope for an away tie against a mediocre Championship side in the next round.

Everybody who is clueless I presume, why on earth would we want that?

In a 4 team group? :ph34r:

There are 5 :thumbup:

Just a thought...

Does this mean that the Swansea away game will now be moved back to the Saturday?

Knowing our luck we'll go and fvcking draw Swansea away. I strongly doubt it'll get moved, and if anything they'll make us play on Wednesday. It's typical that both sides have made it to the last 16, I'd love it to be back on Saturday though.

Anyways onto the game, we were comfortable in the first half, looked like we were gonna get a few, Portsmouth threatened but never really took advantage. Thought Logan was standout our best player, other good players being Abe, Howard, Moreno & Kennedy. Abe had some quality about him, Howard did well (just to keep the run up, another stone wall penalty for him turned down), was it just me who rated Moreno btw? Thought he made some top passes in that game and some pretty good challenges, hardly a 5/10 performance. Kennedy too, very skillful for a full back, got to feel sorry for him that Berner is there ahead of him because I honestly think he could be good for us.

The stewards - complete nobheads, I walked in after 10 mins (missing the goal :angry: ) and I seen our whole end was stood, I was happy with that, was prepared for a decent night, as soon as I walk down everyone starts being made to sit down, on what was without doubt the most uncomfortable seating EVER. Absolutely not a chance I'm sitting on Friday, they can get fvcked.

500-ish is my guess, as quiet as we've been vocally away all season IMO.

What with all those diehards and none of the flask carrying ****** that go to Cov etc!ohmy.gif

I'm probably the only one but I Hope we get a home draw, I don't have the time energy or money to go to these exotic places on choosedays nights.

You're not the only one. I could really do with a home draw, because with uni timetable imminent, and the likelihood I'll be anally screwed by said timetable on Tuesdays, a home draw would be a very handy restbite!

So away it is then. <_<

Everybody who is clueless I presume, why on earth would we want that?

There are 5 :thumbup:

Knowing our luck we'll go and fvcking draw Swansea away. I strongly doubt it'll get moved, and if anything they'll make us play on Wednesday. It's typical that both sides have made it to the last 16, I'd love it to be back on Saturday though.

Anyways onto the game, we were comfortable in the first half, looked like we were gonna get a few, Portsmouth threatened but never really took advantage. Thought Logan was standout our best player, other good players being Abe, Howard, Moreno & Kennedy. Abe had some quality about him, Howard did well (just to keep the run up, another stone wall penalty for him turned down), was it just me who rated Moreno btw? Thought he made some top passes in that game and some pretty good challenges, hardly a 5/10 performance. Kennedy too, very skillful for a full back, got to feel sorry for him that Berner is there ahead of him because I honestly think he could be good for us.

The stewards - complete nobheads, I walked in after 10 mins (missing the goal :angry: ) and I seen our whole end was stood, I was happy with that, was prepared for a decent night, as soon as I walk down everyone starts being made to sit down, on what was without doubt the most uncomfortable seating EVER. Absolutely not a chance I'm sitting on Friday, they can get fvcked.

Moreno. Often caught in possession, gave the ball away constantly and ran round like a headless chicken second half. Good energy though I suppose.

Stewards asked us to sit down once then disappeared and we never saw them again.

You're not the only one. I could really do with a home draw, because with uni timetable imminent, and the likelihood I'll be anally screwed by said timetable on Tuesdays, a home draw would be a very handy restbite!

So away it is then. <_<

In all honesty given that we are one game away from our first cup quarter final what seems like an absloute eternity I think most people should want the easiest possible draw which would be (at the moment) Brentford at home.

Unfortuantly with so many clubs throwing money about desperate to win things I think a number of clubs will be taking this comp a bit more seriously. Pour exampla Arsenal last night.

Very pleased at winning. The Cup can be a good thing, and with players not so pressured, due to league results, they can gain in confidence and belief.

Come on City, and lets hope we get a decent draw for once. Chelsea at home, would do nicely. :scarf:

Maybe next year.

500-ish is my guess, as quiet as we've been vocally away all season IMO.

That's about what I heard the stewards outside the gate quoting before I went in. First half we weren't bad but to be honest did anybody really expect a massive atmos with that few people?

What with all those diehards and none of the flask carrying ****** that go to Cov etc!ohmy.gif

You'd be surprised.

You sure you weren't in the Pompey end?

I thought their end wasn't too bad, FAR better than we've been for a 3rd round League Cup tie that I can remember, at home.

I do agree though Friday should be far better atmosphere wise and number wise.

Archived