Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

PC has died...

Ah the number of beeps could be important/

4 beeps then?

Well one long and 3 short (according to internet it's either Memory or Graphics card? But who knows!!?

(Now at my Dad's on his PC... Woe is me... :cry: )

Well if it's a bad memory module you could open your computer up and take one out and run it to see if it works and take the other out etc if you have 2 or 4 modules.

If it is the video card, try removing it and refitting it. Make sure everything inside is intact and connected properly.

I take it this just happened out of the blue?

Well if it's a bad memory module you could open your computer up and take one out and run it to see if it works and take the other out etc if you have 2 or 4 modules.

If it is the video card, try removing it and refitting it. Make sure everything inside is intact and connected properly.

I take it this just happened out of the blue?

Good call, my PC used to give me the beeps and i had to do that as the memory modules kept coming loose

Tried poking the RAM about, and the graphics card (managed to break the graphics card release switch... lol )

Getting a man in to have a look... Will see what he says...

But it did just happen all of a sudden...

Well it's now fixed...

But I'm a bit disappointed, I wanted a new PC... :):(

Actually AOWW, she's the one who turned it off and effectively broke it!

It did need a new Graphics Card in the end...

Archived