Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Amazon - Slow delivery!

So I just ordered Medal of Honor, a harddrive for my PS3 and a book for my A level History with Super Saver Delivery. It says it will take 3-5 days when you order, but now its saying that the estimated dispatch date in 22nd November...?

Anyone else ever had this crap?

Amazon have been nothing but superb delivering both mine and the mrs' books this year so far, usually receive them within 2 days of ordering. Guess it helps that I've been given the Amazon Prime free trial. The delivery bloke is usually a top guy as well, good bant. :cool:

Amazon have been nothing but superb delivering both mine and the mrs' books this year so far, usually receive them within 2 days of ordering. Guess it helps that I've been given the Amazon Prime free trial. The delivery bloke is usually a top guy as well, good bant. :cool:

Just remember to take that fecker off, or they'll charge you! They did with me and I didn't even notice for a week :sweating:

Sorted out a refund though.

Rarely had problems with Amazon.

But recently the guy would just leave the box outside, even if it rains etc meaning sometimes what I ordered gets damaged or ruined. Before they'd drop it off next door or to the Post Office and tell me that they did so.

Usually they're pretty sound and usually deliver on time.

Just remember to take that fecker off, or they'll charge you! They did with me and I didn't even notice for a week :sweating:

Sorted out a refund though.

Oh believe me, I've already taken steps to sort that. Unchecked the box which says "automatically renew membership when trial ends" or something similar. I'm not being stung by that kinda shit! At least you got a refund, they'd probably tell me to bollocks. Like the police when they lost my provisional.<_<

So I just ordered Medal of Honor, a harddrive for my PS3 and a book for my A level History with Super Saver Delivery. It says it will take 3-5 days when you order, but now its saying that the estimated dispatch date in 22nd November...?

Anyone else ever had this crap?

Amazon are normally ok, are they all in stock? if they are then it will not be that length of time. I often use super saver when I am not in a hurry to receive the items because with super saver they normally pack the items together, thats what makes me wonder if something you ordered is out of stock. Medal of Honour is released tomorrow you dont want to be waiting a month!

Amazon are normally ok, are they all in stock? if they are then it will not be that length of time. I often use super saver when I am not in a hurry to receive the items because with super saver they normally pack the items together, thats what makes me wonder if something you ordered is out of stock. Medal of Honour is released tomorrow you dont want to be waiting a month!

Exactly, it should be here by early next week but looks like I'm waiting till mid - november :cry:

How do I get FREE Super Saver Delivery?

Place eligible items* in your Shopping Basket.

Proceed to checkout.

Select Super Saver Delivery as your delivery method. The delivery time for Super Saver Delivery orders is 2 to 4 business days after dispatch.

Select "Group my items into as few deliveries as possible" as your delivery preference.

Place your order.**

If you selected group my order into as few deliveries as possible and an item is out of stock maybe that is why they estimated Nov.

Mark "New Boy" Lawrenson's note is sound.

You should also bare in mind that the crazy season is already here. As a postman I can tell you that packet deliveries are already up by about 60% and will probably double that over the next month or two.

Lawrenson - Yes that was selected, BUT all 3 items are in stock and I cannot change the order now because it says they are preparing for dispatch on 2 of the 3 items so hopefully they will come within the 3-5 days. But the estimate still says November. Arghh I'm confused.

Lawrenson - Yes that was selected, BUT all 3 items are in stock and I cannot change the order now because it says they are preparing for dispatch on 2 of the 3 items so hopefully they will come within the 3-5 days. But the estimate still says November. Arghh I'm confused.

Medal of Honour here you come then! Hope you get sorted, I pre ordered Medal of Honour from Amazon, paid postage so it had better arrive tomorrow :sweating:

Mark "New Boy" Lawrenson's note is sound.

You should also bare in mind that the crazy season is already here. As a postman I can tell you that packet deliveries are already up by about 60% and will probably double that over the next month or two.

Is it weird that I'd love to be a postman? How easy/hard is it to become one?

Is it weird that I'd love to be a postman? How easy/hard is it to become one?

Fairly easy. The way to apply is to go to Royalmail.com and apply. They do some online tests (putting the correct addresses in the correct boxes - which is A LOT easier than reality! Click and drag has no relation at all to trying to put several different shaped items into the same slot.), if you pass they ask for your details and they will let you know when something comes up. It's getting busy, so jobs might be available, but bare in mind that Royal Mail are down-sizing (despite the glaringly obvious fact that there's not enough people to do the job properly!)

Other things to keep in mind. Jobs are mostly 30 hours a week contracts now. Overtime is usually available though. Also it's not just delivery, it's sorting too, which is the part I hate... it's very monotonous and is almost half of your day's work. Joking aside, dogs are a real threat (in 4 years I've been bitten 3 times, once needing hospital treatment). Lastly, though it's nice to be outside working, it's in all weathers, even if it seems the whole of Rutland Water is being deposited on you!

Apart from that it can be fun, you stay fit and it's a decent wage. Oh, and you don't have to get up as early as you think. Start for 30 hour a week workers is 7.15am to get out by 9.30ish (and then everyone moans that their mail is "late" despite the fact it's been this system for years now!)

Hope I haven't put you off! :thumbup:

I love amazon it's my favourite site and am always buying from there.

I think the sellers on there are also quite reputable (those I have dealt with anyway) and usually get my goods within 5 days.

I would probably say they have put Novmember on there to cover their own backs in case it doesn't arrive in 3-5 days and you should contact them if not received your goods by that date.

My mate pre-ordered Call of duty World at war from Amazon like 2 months before it came out. They said he'd get it a day before the official release day, he ended up getting it 3 weeks after the release day.

Fairly easy. The way to apply is to go to Royalmail.com and apply. They do some online tests (putting the correct addresses in the correct boxes - which is A LOT easier than reality! Click and drag has no relation at all to trying to put several different shaped items into the same slot.), if you pass they ask for your details and they will let you know when something comes up. It's getting busy, so jobs might be available, but bare in mind that Royal Mail are down-sizing (despite the glaringly obvious fact that there's not enough people to do the job properly!)

Other things to keep in mind. Jobs are mostly 30 hours a week contracts now. Overtime is usually available though. Also it's not just delivery, it's sorting too, which is the part I hate... it's very monotonous and is almost half of your day's work. Joking aside, dogs are a real threat (in 4 years I've been bitten 3 times, once needing hospital treatment). Lastly, though it's nice to be outside working, it's in all weathers, even if it seems the whole of Rutland Water is being deposited on you!

Apart from that it can be fun, you stay fit and it's a decent wage. Oh, and you don't have to get up as early as you think. Start for 30 hour a week workers is 7.15am to get out by 9.30ish (and then everyone moans that their mail is "late" despite the fact it's been this system for years now!)

Hope I haven't put you off! :thumbup:

Haha not at all, I've got a job at the minute but if I ever lose the will to live I'll keep being a posty in mind. I know it sounds weird but I actually like being out in the rain so that's not an issue, it's mainly the cold that'd drive me insane but I'm sure I'd be alright. :P Cheers.

I've never ever had any issues with amazon, regardless of what national site I ordered from.

They tend to dispatch quickly, the items always arrive in time (occasionally even quicker than announced!) and the refund policy in case of sudden price drops is terrific.

Archived