Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sdb

Championship/Football Manager Memories

Am i the only person that does mock press confrences in my head?

I used to go to school and instead of making notes, i would be writting down possible game plans and squads. Great game then and still is.

lol No! I've been there.

On talksport, the presenters were talking about some bloke who's wife caught him in the kitchen dressed in a suit in the middle of the night. She asked him what the hell he was up to, and he told her he was just getting ready for the press conference following a triumphant FA cup final with Everton.

Signing Tevez for City on CM4 long before he was a household name here. Gareth Jellyman was a star from Peterborough as was Matthew Etherington.

In FM2010 I signed Robert Pires for Hinckley. No legs left, but at that level he didn't need them. :)

LMA Manager 2003 and 2007 - classic. Mark de Vries with a better rating than Andrey Arshavin in 2007! Keigan Parker = Legend.

Premier Manager 2000 - the game where it only contained about 20 different cut-scenes for highlights so you knew what would happen. The penalties were the worst, they'd be taken from 6,12 or 18 yards. Also I remember a penalty shootout with Newcastle where they took and scored 3 penalties in a row before I had even taken 1. Still classic.

Premier Manager 2003 - Live Cup draws with people drawing them out. But I got sacked after taking Leicester up via the play-offs because I'd go over the budget . Joined Elche and things weren't the same.

FM 2007 - Keeping Cheltenham in the football league after 40 year old Paolo Di Canio scored a volley against Northampton to send Hereford down.

FM 2010 - Lokomotiv Moscow side beat Alania 9-0 away in the league, only to draw 1-1 in the return fixture.

FM 2012 - Taking FC Halifax Town all the way to Round 4 of the FA Cup and being knocked out by Norwich, 8-2 on TV.

Plenty more. Miss the old games and don't play FM as much as I used to.

The highlight of my FM career has to be whilst I was playing FM on my laptop in the University library.

Manchester United vs Conference Plymouth in the FA Cup at Old Trafford.

Unreal scenes when we scored deep into stoppage time to knock United out. Jumping up and down whilst trying my best not to scream.

Those were the days.

Signing Tevez for City on CM4 long before he was a household name here.

I've still got my Tevez 03/04 Boca shirt that I signed purely based on Champ Man. And my Saviola 03/04 Barcelona one :P

I once signed a regen from a side lower down in the spanish league, he was 16, didn't play a game for them, but was considered a 5 star potential, He went on to score over a thousand goals in his 15 year career at leicester :)

I once signed a regen from a side lower down in the spanish league, he was 16, didn't play a game for them, but was considered a 5 star potential, He went on to score over a thousand goals in his 15 year career at leicester :)

70 goals a season for 15 years? Pics or it didn't happen!

Robert Pires,

Young Louis Saha,

Bjarne Goldbaek,

Tommy Svindal Larsson,

Lasse Olsen,

Martins Adailton

Tom Youngs (Cambridge GOD),

Rory Delap (as a striker),

The list could go on. All absolute GODS on Champ Man 2. Those were the days

Robert Pires,

Young Louis Saha,

Bjarne Goldbaek,

Tommy Svindal Larsson,

Lasse Olsen,

Martins Adailton

Tom Youngs (Cambridge GOD),

Rory Delap (as a striker),

The list could go on. All absolute GODS on Champ Man 2. Those were the days

He was awesome. As was Chris Greenacre. Stuart Elliot (once of Hull) was always awesome and I remember an early CM maybe the 1st ever you could sign Anelka on a free....

Champ Man 97/98 or 98/99 (can't remember).

Great game from simpler times! Fancy starting a game up again but I can't find the disc.

Always signed MF Tommy Svindal Larsson from a Norweigan club, CB Teddy Lucic from Gothenburg and reserve GK Francesc Arnau from Barcelona.

Champ Man 97/98 or 98/99 (can't remember).

Great game from simpler times! Fancy starting a game up again but I can't find the disc.

Always signed MF Tommy Svindal Larsson from a Norweigan club, CB Teddy Lucic from Gothenburg and reserve GK Francesc Arnau from Barcelona.

How could I forget Cesc Arnau, or Busquets! I've got the disc somewhere, but what with all this modern technology, it wont work from Windows XP onwards (unless someone knows how??)

He was awesome. As was Chris Greenacre. Stuart Elliot (once of Hull) was always awesome and I remember an early CM maybe the 1st ever you could sign Anelka on a free....

Yea Youngs was amazing, 20 Finishing and was only 17.

Alexandersson was always class too, could play anywhere in midfield and was cheap.

Always remember Carbone always got signed by big teams for a high price, even though he was pretty crap. Well he never did it for me anyway :(

How could I forget Cesc Arnau, or Busquets! I've got the disc somewhere, but what with all this modern technology, it wont work from Windows XP onwards (unless someone knows how??)

That's a shame. Sure somebody will be able to tell us how, maybe running it from DOS?

Taking Millwall to the Champions League was a personal highlight, with my managerial skills leading my star striker Alex Revell to be the best player in the world, with my (then unknown) keeper Wojciech Szczęsny second.

Archived