Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

THAT Yuki Abe Throw-in

OK I'm not saying Abe is useless but am I the only one who doesn't remember him doing anything at the World Cup? I mean I know he played but I barely noticed him, and when I recently watched highlights of the games he seemed to just wander around and he wasn't involved at all.

I'm not saying he's crap, but is he going to make an impact?

People have always said Gallagher is a 'luxury' player but I think that term fits Abe far more. We haven't got another Gallagher, he can bring some life into a game and score goals from nothing. But you could say Wellens does Abe's job and can contribute to creativity too. Abe on the other hand is a defensive midfielder and will do the basics. But at the end of the day, when we've got Wellens and King already, he's going to be a bit of what we've already got.

Abe is a player whos work wont be noticed though, look at all the comments from people on here from Japan, they call him there Makelele. He's not a spectacular player, he's not gonna run 50 yards with the ball. His job is to get the ball and give it to the more creative players. Which he does.

He is essential for us if we are going to continue playing 5 in the middle and something we have lacked since spearing last season.

Who also wasnt appreciated by some for the work he did!!

I imagine it's hard to get Gallagher off the set pieces, given that it's probably the only way he could justifiably be in the side considering his performances this season.

As for Abe, I'm generally in agreement with Finnegan. He's been here 5 minutes, and played most of his time out of position, how anyone can judge him and more worryingly spout vitriol already is a sad indictment of our "fans". He's also clearly a shy personality (this is the worry I have over him succeeding, rather than any lack of ability) and so will take some time to acclimatise. There are numerous examples of excellent players, from cultures more similar to our own than that of Japan, who were slow to make an impact. If our fans can't afford this luxury to a player who clearly has ability, we'll never see any growth as a club.

I love the stupidity of people on here, it makes you wonder if some have ever seen a game of football lol

Abe and Moussa looked very assured for the most part of the game in central midfield, far better than Wellens has at any stage this season. They and Vitor were the only plus points of the evening.

I imagine it's hard to get Gallagher off the set pieces, given that it's probably the only way he could justifiably be in the side considering his performances this season.

I just don't get why it's alright for Waghorn to have a go when he's playing, but it's not alright for Yuki to have a pop

In FIFA, he's scoring left, right and centre, so he's great.

I dunno if this is an attempt at a joke or what, but if you ask any of the fans of the clubs he's played for what his strengths are, free kicks is top of the list. He got popular in Japen off the back of his ability to take a decent free kick.

I dunno if this is an attempt at a joke or what, but if you ask any of the fans of the clubs he's played for what his strengths are, free kicks is top of the list. He got popular in Japen off the back of his free kicks.

Not a joke at all. He's scored 10 in 15. Only 5 of them freekicks.

exactly my mate at work told me RL said Fryatt played well and "never stopped" at Swansea, anyone there would tell you he was awful and if Davies hadn't gone off injured he would of been subbed

I agree having made another trek to an away game fryatt was garbage at swansea, dont know about didnt stop running he never fookin started...

I just don't get why it's alright for Waghorn to have a go when he's playing, but it's not alright for Yuki to have a pop

Might just be the language thing I guess, it's not like he can have a chat with Gally about it. Maybe Sven needs to step in and tell them who does what.

Abe is a player whos work wont be noticed though, look at all the comments from people on here from Japan, they call him there Makelele. He's not a spectacular player, he's not gonna run 50 yards with the ball. His job is to get the ball and give it to the more creative players. Which he does.

He is essential for us if we are going to continue playing 5 in the middle and something we have lacked since spearing last season.

Who also wasnt appreciated by some for the work he did!!

So his job is to get the ball and give it to Wellens, who can get it for himself? We don't need players who aren't noticed, we already have King! I barely realise he's on the pitch until he scores - but he does score.

Playing 5 in midfield I don't agree with either, we are wasting an extra man and leaving one isolated up front. We have to play 4-4-2 with the strikers we've got.

I noticed Spearing actually, I thought he did well for us. He did more than just get the ball, he could create also.

I love the stupidity of people on here, it makes you wonder if some have ever seen a game of football lol

Abe and Moussa looked very assured for the most part of the game in central midfield, far better than Wellens has at any stage this season. They and Vitor were the only plus points of the evening.

So you are another idiot who doesn't rate Wellens then? :frusty:

And you have the arrogance to call other people stupid :rolleyes:

So his job is to get the ball and give it to Wellens, who can get it for himself? We don't need players who aren't noticed, we already have King! I barely realise he's on the pitch until he scores - but he does score.

Playing 5 in midfield I don't agree with either, we are wasting an extra man and leaving one isolated up front. We have to play 4-4-2 with the strikers we've got.

I noticed Spearing actually, I thought he did well for us. He did more than just get the ball, he could create also.

:o You blind or summat?

I like Wellens he does get stuck in , my only real concern about him is he looks for the killer pass too often instead of playing it simple , I also wish he would shoot more cos he seems to have a clear sight of goal more often than any other player we have . I thought Abe did ok last night his actual movement into space off the ball was quite good . If you watch the game just following the ball then you don't notice the good things happening away from the play

I like Wellens he does get stuck in , my only real concern about him is he looks for the killer pass too often instead of playing it simple , I also wish he would shoot more cos he seems to have a clear sight of goal more often than any other player we have . I thought Abe did ok last night his actual movement into space off the ball was quite good . If you watch the game just following the ball then you don't notice the good things happening away from the play

But don't you see - this is what makes him such an important player for us. Whilst other players will continually play the sideways pass because they are too scared to take risks, Wellens will take responsibility and try and make something happen. And no he doesn't always get it right, but when he does we often reap the rewards. Sometimes there are too many players in football who are afraid to make mistakes and so do very little, and not enough who are brave enough to take some responsibility on the pitch.

I agree about his shooting, ironically this is the thing that he does seem afraid to do. He should definitely shoot more and it can be frustrating. Though TBF he is not the only one.

I have been calling for some time for one of our managers to do a bit of long range shooting practice just to give the players some confidence at it.

What good is 'the killer ball' when we've no one n the end of it? Given our assets, the best thing our CMs can do is feed the wide men and then push up, as Kingy does.

Besides, I thought Abe and Moussa both played some good balls, Moussa especially.

let him time.... i don't know why he doesn't take free kick. Very strange to me.

i think he did his job. But he is not at 100% and need time to understand the game in england.

In japan, he played central mdf too and connect well with the Strikers. But if the striker can't score, it's not his fault.

Dont forget that WBA is a good Premiership team :thumbup:

But don't you see - this is what makes him such an important player for us. Whilst other players will continually play the sideways pass because they are too scared to take risks, Wellens will take responsibility and try and make something happen. And no he doesn't always get it right, but when he does we often reap the rewards. Sometimes there are too many players in football who are afraid to make mistakes and so do very little, and not enough who are brave enough to take some responsibility on the pitch.

I agree about his shooting, ironically this is the thing that he does seem afraid to do. He should definitely shoot more and it can be frustrating. Though TBF he is not the only one.

I have been calling for some time for one of our managers to do a bit of long range shooting practice just to give the players some confidence at it.

Totally agree , last night was a prime example when shots should be banged in from all angles . A pitch that has been rained on all day , so the ball skids aong the turf like a bullet . Shows from the goal really , gallagher banged it , there player misudged the block mainly due to the wet pitch and it came off him into the back of the net .

But don't you see - this is what makes him such an important player for us. Whilst other players will continually play the sideways pass because they are too scared to take risks

I have not said Wellens is not important , we are definately a better side with him in the team . and there is no problem with taking responsibility to get rewards but the other players haven't got the speed of thought to know what he is going to do . He has a good football brain but if the others are not on the same wavelength then it makes him look bad ,

Totally agree , last night was a prime example when shots should be banged in from all angles . A pitch that has been rained on all day , so the ball skids aong the turf like a bullet . Shows from the goal really , gallagher banged it , there player misudged the block mainly due to the wet pitch and it came off him into the back of the net .

But don't you see - this is what makes him such an important player for us. Whilst other players will continually play the sideways pass because they are too scared to take risks

I have not said Wellens is not important , we are definately a better side with him in the team . and there is no problem with taking responsibility to get rewards but the other players haven't got the speed of thought to know what he is going to do . He has a good football brain but if the others are not on the same wavelength then it makes him look bad ,

Agreed :thumbup:

unlike Yuki Abe there was a large amount of optimism about him and besides the fact he really DID cost us an arm and a leg people were largely positive and excited about the signing.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that "nominal fee" in this instance likely means we got him for a song

I think you're being very naive about how much he actually cost us. All the Japanese press banded about figures (wages) that were astronomical for this level and on fm he's the highest paid player (before davies and naughton joined). Not that I'm bemoaning how much he get's paid, I just think you've underestimated how much he's cost us when you stated he cost us next to nothing.

Let's hope he's worth it over time (I'm sure he will be in terms of branding in Japan :whistle: )

What good is 'the killer ball' when we've no one n the end of it? Given our assets, the best thing our CMs can do is feed the wide men and then push up, as Kingy does.

Besides, I thought Abe and Moussa both played some good balls, Moussa especially.

I don't understand your point. It's not like he just hits aimless balls over th top, that's what Oakley does. Wellens finds a pass, sometimes a difficult one, and tries to pick it out. Like I said, it doesn't always work, but when it does we often score. I really don't understand why some people don't see what an important player he is for us. He basically runs our whole midfield, like a quarterback in NFL. He is our best passer and I think some people are just narrow minded and can't see what he does just because he doesn't score.

Like I said, when King's not scoring, I barely notice him. If he didn't score he would be useless. Fortunately, he scores so everyone notices what he brings to the team.

Wellens is slow and doesn't score, so nobody realises what a good player he is, and how he in fact contributes in defence and attack.

With regards to Moussa - we have been crying out for a right winger for some time, and I think he would be best used there.

Archived