Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Trade-Ins

I think I missed the boat on the FIFA 10 trade-in with ASDA. I went to trade FIFA 9 and FIFA 10 last week for Medal of Honor and was shocked at what they offered me.

Firstly they offered me £3 for FIFA 9 - fair enough I said, then I went to Trade FIFA 10 and the gun scanned it at £1!

I said how the hell do you justify that? Firstly you're offering me more for FIFA 09 which is a year older, and secondly you are selling FIFA 10 on the shelves for £22 - stupid bint behind the counter wouldn't budge - as it's what it scanned on the gun!

If you get a good deal on a trade-in, post it in this topic so we can get on the bandwagon.

I traded 3 games in, MW2, Ratchet and Clank and Assasins Creed 2.

Me and a mate got told £31 all together for the games.

I recieved a gift card with £30 on.

Biggest laugh was they didnt tell me how I'd recieve my money. I asked for cash, asked for money on my card. I asked for my games back, they wouldn't let me as they were already priced.

Had to take the giftcard. Writing an email of complaint tomorrow.

I've done all my game trading with CEX in the past. Never get great deals from anywhere really but depends how strapped for cash I am really. Sounds like I should beware of Asda though

If you want a decent price on a trade-in then it's a case of you win some, you lose some.

For instance, when I traded in the original Assassins Creed, I got £6 for it. AC2 netted me £25.

As for finding a decent place in which to trade, GAME or Gamestation on Granby Street are respectable places to go. I once tried taking a game to both, but they both offered the same price on trade-in.

I couldn't do without trade-ins. I can't remember the last time I paid £37+ on a game. Never worth all that cash.

As for second hand games, managed to pick up Bioshock 2 never out of the wrapper, but still classed as a pre-owed copy! As I said earlier, you win some, you lose some.

Overall though, try to win! :thumbup:

Get a selling account on Play.com - made me over £100 so far this month from selling unwanted DVDs and games.

Arkham Asylum went for £13 the other day - be lucky to get a fiver if traded in on the high street! And I actually made a £1 profit on selling F1 2010 a month after buying it.

Tradeing a game in is daft. Good deal or bad you'll end up getting done, as the gameshop will re-sell the game at a profit price, sell it yourself and you get to charge that price.

www.amazon.co.uk

T'aint hard.

Or ebay. I sold all my old games that i no longer played and made just under £300 in the end :scarf:

Didn't know Asda did Trade-Ins.

Talking of Trade-Ins/Preowned, Hasn't Fifa 11 gone down in value yet? EVERY year I buy the new Fifa on the release date for £35-40 this year I was stubborn and refused to pay that much for a game that (For me) doesn't work well online - the main part of what I play on the game, and as I said I always buy it for £35-40 and then literally 2 or 3 weeks later I seem to see it on the preowned shelves for about £10-15, yet this year the price don't seem to be dropping on the preowned shelves, typical, only seems about £2 or £3 cheaper on preowned compared to new.

I'd also like F1 2010 but like Fifa not paying £40 for it.

Cockbusters do trade in. and they GUARENTEE to beat any quote you have. its great

Traded a load of my ps3 games in that i'd bought on the cheap.

Via blockbusters came to about £22

CEX came out about £38

and because there was 5ish games got an extra £5.

So ended up with over double what i'd normally have got.

Archived