Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

Fable 3

I'm still cutting up wood in Fable 2. I haven't picked it up for months either. Got about 3/4 through it. Having not played the original, I picked up a pre-owned copy of 2 and gave it a whirl. It was odd. It felt too simplistic as well. Almost like a kiddies game that doesn't require too much thought or tactical nouse. Which is the exact opposite of what I'd expect from a proper RPG.

I might give it a go eventually, but New Vegas has me hooked. The reviews are averaging 81 on metacritic. Mmmmm...

Its pretty good from what I've played (20 minutes). The camera angle is a bit weird and shaky, but your more up close to your player in this one. You also get decisions to make, and they reflect your character like in the last one, but in this one its things such as giving encouraging speeches or harsh speeches.

Fable 2 is a beast of a game if you play it on co-op, other wise it can get pretty boring.

Fable 3 has local co-op as well and the XBL or PSN online is much better than number 2. If I was you I'd probably finish Fallout 3 first though, if my brother didn't get it, I wouldn't have bought it, I'd still be playing F:NV and Fifa 11.

Yes, I may get this. But next month AC2B is out so it may have to wait until the new year. Hot Pursuit is out soon as well. It's disappointing to see Force Unleashed 2 totally bomb in the reviews. That's a rental at best.

You can go off otherthings other than critic reviews you know mate, New Vegas has hardly done amazingly well and that doesn't seem to have put you off.

Where as Rock Band 3's is getting 9+ and you aint even mentioned it.

You could just by the games you enjoy.

After a 2 hour co-op session, I love this game! The co-op in this one is three times as good as the first, the camera is amazing and you can free roam without your partner as much as you want. Also going into business with a mate is something different, earlier it was me mostly buying the businesses with my money and my mate was getting half the rent lol

On the whole a good game, I won't be playing Fallout until after I've finished Fable, which shows you how much I love this. Building up a property empire just before going bed in 5 minutes.

Is this any good still undecided to get it or not, i take it its alot like the second one.

Great if you've got someone to play with in co-op. I've put 12 hours into it so far, almost finished the main storyline, after its done there isn't much to do, the side quests get a bit tedious after a while.

I'd wait until it was under £25 before getting it personally :thumbup:

What is the story behind Fable? What do you do? Is it a good game?

I've never played it before, mainly because Fable just sounds like a total Bumders game...

The story isn't that interesting or original.

In terms of what you do, you can chop wood. Hammer iron. It's real fun. :ph34r:

If you class a good game as being an RPG for beginners then yes, I suppose it is.

It doesn't offer any challenge imo. 2 doesn't anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed it, enjoyed it, could have been better, could have been worse!

If you liked Fable 2 you will like this, it's more Fable 2 than a total step up and that is a good thing.. The game is piss easy though but so was Fable 1 and 2 but it has a good story behind it as all the Fable's have albeit it in 3 you are limited in decisions at times which is a let down but still a good game just not the total mind blowing game Lionhead were hyping it up to be.. It's kinda the causal gamers RPG/action adventure which is ok with me as i like that and hardcore RPG's/action adventures

Still gets a 7.5 outta 10 for me and that could go up depending on Lionhead's efforts in DLC in the coming months ahead infact a new quest pack is available on Tuesday for 400msp which i'll no doubt get

Archived