Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Darius Vassell

Havent seen this else where so apologies if not worthy of a new topic, but it made me laugh.

Just reading Colin Murray's book; 'A Random History of Football', and during the chapter about funny injuries footballers have suffered, our own Darius Vassell had one of his own a while back.

The award for Outstanding Contribution to Stupidity goes to Darius Vassell. Take a bow, Darius.

Durnig his Villa days, the striker noticed a blood blister under a toenail. Various options must have flashed through his mind. I assume he considered going to his local GP, showing it to his club doctor, or, just maybe, leaving it alone. Instead, Darius decided the best idea was to drill a hole in his nail in order to relieve the pressure. Now, without wanting to cause offence, this sounds like the kind of action only Home J. Simpson himself would undertake. The result, of course, was an unwanted hole and a dangerous infection that would sideline Darius for weeks.

What a plonker! :crylaugh:

Havent seen this else where so apologies if not worthy of a new topic, but it made me laugh.

Just reading Colin Murray's book; 'A Random History of Football', and during the chapter about funny injuries footballers have suffered, our own Darius Vassell had one of his own a while back.

What a plonker! :crylaugh:

Don't think it is that bad as usually with a blood blister under the nail you can use the end of a hot paper clip to relieve the pressure and the blood comes out. Works a charm! Hurts like a bitch but helps incredibly in relieving pain, done it a couple of times myself.

My mates dad did this, he put his hand in a vice, used his blowtorch to get the drill really hot and then used on of them drill lowering things (what are they?!) and it actually worked.

Makes me cringe thinking about it.

Thanks for this information.

If Colin Murray is a journalist or a writer he is useless to read. If he's a comedian, maybe........

Drilling a hole to relieve pressure, under nails, is a standard procedure performed by a doctor .

Is Colin Murray a member of the gutterpress? Check the facts next time around Colin.....

My mates dad did this, he put his hand in a vice, used his blowtorch to get the drill really hot and then used on of them drill lowering things (what are they?!) and it actually worked.

Makes me cringe thinking about it.

we used to do lots of stuff like that in the old days ,

we'd tie a bit of string to an achy tooth and the other end to the door handle and quickly slam it shut and the tooth would come out clean as a whistle ,

we didn't like to bother matron with minor stuff like that

Archived