Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

BT home hub internet

Have you been on their website and checked what broadband speed your postcode will give you?

Ive been with BT for a couple of years now, a year in kibworth and now again in oadby. Kibworth was around 6-7Mb which was plenty enough for my xbox and 2 laptops( although bear in mind if the laptops are streaming video then there could be abit of lag online on the xbox.

My speed at my house now is a measely 1.5Mb and i was all for cancelling at the end of the contract because it just isnt enough. But BT Infinity is being installed in my area in december and will be able to recieve 30Mb then for the same price i pay now.

To summarise i would check to see what speed you will receive, check if virgin supply your area though too as their fibre optic broadband seems to be awesome according to my mate( although customer service not great apparantly!)

If BT offer you their fibre optic broadband(infinity) then virgin will also be able to more than likely so then its just a case of which is cheapest.

• 10 months later...

Just been setting up my home hub , been trying to get it connected to my xbox and a few peoblems later i think ive cracked it , im still on trial period with bt and to be honest trying to get through to them when i have a problem is sometimes impossible at night .

has anybody else got a home hub and is it any good

Archived