Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackirius

Barnsley Post Match

Just in Sheffield train station, played well needed that late second goal, felt we were hanging on abit before that, good atmosphere. Will post more later,

All in all good day out, except no away pub and being chucked off a train for first of all drinking then when I questioned him he changed his excuse of chucking us off to 'abusing a women' yet we spoke to noone on the train. Jobsworth. Complaints will be made.

"We're on fire"!! Also we've done Barnsley once again. Last season's 1-0 defeat there (during last January's middling-poor run we were on at the time) was the only blip in recent seasons I think. Even when we got relegated in that dreaded 2007-08 season we did the double over them! Sounded good, another three points closer to the promised land maybe..... ;) Well done Sven and the boys. Sounded like we were on top all game!

Abe sounded MotM again

Other than the win, its satisfying to keep consecutive clean sheets

Awesome stuff Sven

Well Happy for Abe - for fooks sake let get behind him now. I think King deserves more credit than we give him as well I know he goes missing in some games but the lad knows where the goal is!

Away win and a clean sheet absolutely superb.

Also to have 73% possession like 50 minutes into a match is absolutely astonishing, i don't think i've ever seen a Leicester side have that much possession after that time in a game.

I mean seen as in seen the stats on the internet, having not been at the match. Super stuff.

For the majority of the game we outclassed them, at times we were quite casual but due to their complete ineptitude they weren't able to capitalise.

Darius for the first few minutes was reminiscent of a gazelle which had just fallen out of it's mother's womb but after a while he got going and had a pretty decent game, worked very hard.

The defence were excellent, partiucarly the central pairing of Vitor and Davies.

The midfield were also superb, Wellens was winning pretty much everything he went for and Abe had a certain swagger by the end, produced some moments of class, a chested ball which he laid off to a maurading King was the pick of the bunch.

All in all we should have been out of sight by half-time and there were a few nervy moments near the end but is was fairly comfortable and we were worthy winners.

Loved Sven's bow after the final whistle.

i know its only been barnsley and preston but to keep two comfortable clean sheets is more important then winning for our team, at the rate at which we were conceding earlier this season. Sven has really tightened the defence and both these games neither team has really looked like they were going to score. For me, I wanted two clean sheets out of these two games and i was hoping for four points but to get six is even better :D

I don't know what some have against Oakwell - or is it South Yorkshire Police?:ph34r:

Anyway, an absolutely cracking away day. Tremendous support from the away stands, very vocal. Before kick-off, at one point I thought we'd outnumber the home fans for sure. Attendance=12'300 - say no more.

Apart from two, three scares, when we let the Barnsley wingers too much space on the sides, a poor Tykes side never looked like scoring.

They were abysmal for roughly 70 minutes and some of their fans already label today's performance as the worst home display this season;

Mentally absent, mouthing off, bad tackles and giving up too much of their possession (if they actually managed to go forward).

This was put in the spotlight when two of their players got substituted simultaneously after only 30 (!) minutes.

I must say the referee was spot on with most decisions and it was refreshing to see a man in black giving decisions in our favour for once.

Based on a solid defense and an agile midfield, we bossed them around for large chunks of this Saturday's game.

Vassell had a couple of decent touches and showed glimpses of class. Impressed that he lasted more than 60 minutes and didn't look too knackered when he was subbed off.

Abe literally run the midfield and twisted and turned that Barnsley FC left and right. Imagine, he even won the odd header!

Glad to see us score from a set-piece... It's been a while.

Weale made some good saves, as well. But he was mainly assisted by a rock-solid back four. The absence of Hobbs didn't do us any harm at all.

On the other hand, I was disappointed with a rather lazy Gallagher, who was too selfish at times, giving up possession way too often.

And Waghorn had little impact up front.

Still, looking forward to Sheffield United on Wednesday.

Really enjoyed today, although arriving late and having to sit in a cramped seat nearer the bottom wasn't that favourable.

That aside tho, we were good today. We totally dominated the first half and played well second half too although it did look like Barnsley were going to snatch something until the second.

It's great that we bagged the points and a clean sheet but we need to be doing more in the final third to really kick on, because we had so much of the ball but still had just the one goal after 80 minutes. Had it not hve been for the bar it could have been a very different story.

Not to dwell on the negatives though, some of our football was brilliant, we move up the table and I really enjoyed myself.

and oh yeah as someone else said, their fans were absolute shite, worst I've ever heard, or not as the case was.

Great performance today and definitely deserved the win. We could have easily have got 4 or 5 if we had put a way a few chances but that doesn't matter. Thought Vitor and Davies were absolutely solid at the back which is a bit of a shame for Hobbs who is going to find it very hard to get back into the team. Wellens and Abe hardly put a foot wrong and King got in with another goal again. Thought Vassell had a decent debut and Gally has made an improvement on his recent poor form. Howard was great when he came on and definitely helped us in the air. Shame he couldn't finish that late chance.

All in all, a great day :D

That Andy King should look so comfortable with the captaincy at such a young age is a testimony to the respect he engenders throughout the club and today he showed all the qualities that have earned him that status.

He arrived late in the box to poach our second and match-sealing goal by sliding in at the far post, Gerd Muller style. It was his sixth of the season and takes him to 29 goals scored for the club so far, one more than Steve Howard and into second place behind Fryatt as a scorer overall, King having played many of his games in defensive midfield.

He had another goal disallowed for offside, making four for the season. He almost made a goal for Gallagher with a visionary pass, he never stopped organising and encouraging his team-mates nor finding other bread and butter contriubutions to make. His joy at scoring and saluting the City fans was pure theatre and at long last he's got his own song.

Six points from two wins and two clean sheets is the perfect start for any skipper but he was pushed close in the individual performance stakes by Vitor (how great it was to see a centre-back score again), by Wellens who showed the discipline to compliment his unquestioned ability once again and, in the first half, by Abe who at last looked completely at home in the shirt and eager for the ball.

Our first half performance was stunning, the passing and moving so slick that Barnsley were left bewildered and bedraggled. To his credit Mark Robins made very early substitutions and somehow made a game of it. Second half they hit the woodwork and pounded us with everything they had for a while but somehow our goal survived.

But while the chance of an equaliser remained a possibility until King's late second, City could themselves have scored more and, at last, looked like a genuine force.

For me the side was much more fluid for the absence of Fryatt. Gallagher and King combined well, Wellens had people available in every direction, people who passed and moved got the ball by return. It was genuinely impressive to watch at times.

The confidence too was growing in front of our eyes and you got the feeling that, had King's first half goal not been disallowed, leaving us 2-0 up, we might well have ran riot.

Even so I believe someone will catch a real hammering from City shortly and I sure don't want to miss it. Well done to one and all - it was infinitely better entertainment than the shit we produced there under Pearson last season - when I cannot remember us having a single a single shot of note in a 1-0 defeat.

http://www.lcfc.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10274~41949,00.html

http://www.lcfc.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10274~9149,00.html

That Andy King should look so comfortable with the captaincy at such a young age is a testimony to the respect he engenders throughout the club and today he showed all the qualities that have earned him that status.

He arrived late in the box to poach our second and match-sealing goal by sliding in at the far post, Gerd Muller style. It was his sixth of the season and equals the number of goals scored by Howard for the club, King having played virtually all his games in midfield, many of them defensive midfield.

He had another goal disallowed for offside, making three for the season. He almost made a goal for Gallagher with a visionary pass, he never stopped organising and encouraging his team-mates nor finding other bread and butter contriubutions to make. His joy at scoring and saluting the City fans was pure theatre and at long last he's got his own song.

Six points from two wins and two clean sheets is the perfect start for any skipper but he was pushed close in the individual performance stakes by Vitor (how great it was to see a centre-back score again), by Wellens who showed the discipline to coompliment his unquestioned ability once again and, in the first half, by Abe who at last looked completely at home in the shirt and eager for the ball.

Our first half performance was stunning, the passing and moving so slick that Barnsley were left beewildered and bedraggled. To his credit Mark Robins made very early substitutions and somehow made a game of it. Second half they hit the woodwork and hit us with everything they had at times but somehow our goal survived.

But while the chance of an equaliser remained a possibility until King's late second City could themselves have scored more and, at last, looked like a genuine force. For me the side was much more fluid for the absence of Fryatt who was not even on the bench. Gallagher and King combined well, Wellens had people available in every direction, people who passed and moved got the ball by return. It was genuinely impressive to watch at times.

The confidence too was growing in front of our eyes and you got the feeling that, had King's first half goal not been disallowed, leaving us 2-0 up, we might well have ran riot. Even so I believe someone will catch a real hammering from City shortly and I sure don't want to miss it. Well done to one and all - it was infinitely better entertainment than the shit we produced there under Pearson last season - wehn I cannot remember us having a single a single shot of note in a 1-0 defeat.

howards scored more than 6 for us. and kings had 4 disallowed this season (m'boro, reading, pompey & today)

as a slight aside if those goals had been allowed for king then he'd be joint top scorer in the championship (alongside bothroyd) - as it is he's 8th, and only Le fondre (rotherham) and davies (chesterfield) would have scored more than him in the top 4 divisions

He arrived late in the box to poach our second and match-sealing goal by sliding in at the far post, Gerd Muller style. It was his sixth of the season and equals the number of goals scored by Howard for the club, King having played virtually all his games in midfield, many of them defensive midfield.

He had another goal disallowed for offside, making three for the season. He almost made a goal for Gallagher with a visionary pass, he never stopped organising and encouraging his team-mates nor finding other bread and butter contriubutions to make. His joy at scoring and saluting the City fans was pure theatre and at long last he's got his own song.

Six points from two wins and two clean sheets is the perfect start for any skipper but he was pushed close in the individual performance stakes by Vitor (how great it was to see a centre-back score again), by Wellens who showed the discipline to coompliment his unquestioned ability once again and, in the first half, by Abe who at last looked completely at home in the shirt and eager for the ball.

Our first half performance was stunning, the passing and moving so slick that Barnsley were left beewildered and bedraggled. To his credit Mark Robins made very early substitutions and somehow made a game of it. Second half they hit the woodwork and hit us with everything they had at times but somehow our goal survived.

But while the chance of an equaliser remained a possibility until King's late second City could themselves have scored more and, at last, looked like a genuine force. For me the side was much more fluid for the absence of Fryatt who was not even on the bench. Gallagher and King combined well, Wellens had people available in every direction, people who passed and moved got the ball by return. It was genuinely impressive to watch at times.

The confidence too was growing in front of our eyes and you got the feeling that, had King's first half goal not been disallowed, leaving us 2-0 up, we might well have ran riot. Even so I believe someone will catch a real hammering from City shortly and I sure don't want to miss it. Well done to one and all - it was infinitely better entertainment than the shit we produced there under Pearson last season - wehn I cannot remember us having a single a single shot of note in a 1-0 defeat.

Thracian you put into many words what I am feeling....is this love or just another legend in the making? :P He has a style and character that are destined for great things...let's hope they're with us.

Great day.

Saw some Foxestalkers, Quality atmosphere, Quality result.

Excellent. Each player was outstanding, Vassell started abit sluggish, really got into the game after about 10 minutes, was a constant threat.

for the home team to have only 1 shot on target for the whole game either shows our class, their dysfunctional team play or a mixture of both.

Either way, Step forward defensive coaches and take a bow for a second clean sheet in a row. :thumbup:

Good day, very good game. We played really well I thought. Davies/Vitor were monsters at the back, the midfield three of Abe, Wellens and King was absolutely brilliant and I love all of them.

Not gonna lie, they were shit. Very bad. But the way we played impressed me and if the midfield can boss the game every week like it did today then we're laughing.

Archived