Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jackirius

Barnsley Post Match

Great day out, stood all game, great atmosphere generated by our fans.

If anyone thinks the Walkers has no atmosphere then look no further than Oakwell, at 10 to 3 they had about 2,000 in the ground, and during the match they made the noise of 200, never heard a single song or chant from them, god help them if that's Saturday afternoon entertainment in Barnsley.

Can't recall the last time I saw a Leicester side away from home have so much of the ball, admittedly they gave it back cheaply but it must have been 70/30 first half in our favour, apart from their 30 yard thunderbolt they offered nothing and we're embarrassing at times, League One beckons for them I reckon.

Well done Sven and the boys, all put in a very decent shift and Vassell was neat and tidy despite a slow start. EIEIEIO

On a side note it's nice to see Hull without a win since September and fans calling for Pearson's head already :P

Good day, very good game. We played really well I thought. Davies/Vitor were monsters at the back, the midfield three of Abe, Wellens and King was absolutely brilliant and I love all of them.

Not gonna lie, they were shit. Very bad. But the way we played impressed me and if the midfield can boss the game every week like it did today then we're laughing all the way to the PL :whistle:

Such a great all round team performance. Should have had three or four, but we never do score enough, and Sven has said this too.

But what a performance today was. Everyone played their part and Weale had hardly anything to do which we have to credit the defence for. First away clean sheet for ages.

Really think we can push on right up the league now.

Great day out in Barnsley had a few pints in pub called the Dove only 5 minutes from Oakwell which had real ales and a cafe next door, dont know why city fans didnt go in here but we were made welcome.

Vitor looks better with every game and so does Abe.

The Walkers is loud compared to the Barnsley fans who were so quiet.

Great day out in Barnsley had a few pints in pub called the Dove only 5 minutes from Oakwell which had real ales and a cafe next door, dont know why city fans didnt go in here but we were made welcome.

Cos South Yorkshire Police jumped on us as soon as we went anywhere near the town, We walked past the Police to go into the town to get some cash out and they said 'You here for the football, where you from, why you going into the town, you'll get chucked out off everywhere.' so we explaned we were going to get cash and they pretty much followed us.

Think that's the place we went to. It was great and suprised it wasn't more busy.

This will be a measure of how ambitious the owners are.

What do we reckon... £12m for the job lot?

Davies and Naughton won't go for less than 5 million, even thats quite less than what they were bought for.

Vitor is rated at 15 million, one of the biggest prospects in Portugal so I'd say zero chance there.

Cunningham is probably most likely to sign permanently.

Think that's the place we went to. It was great and suprised it wasn't more busy.

Think I was talking to you I was with my Dad who was driving didnt see any other city fans in there but would go there again great beers and friendly for away fans.

Davies and Naughton won't go for less than 5 million, even thats quite less than what they were bought for.

Vitor is rated at 15 million, one of the biggest prospects in Portugal so I'd say zero chance there.

Cunningham is probably most likely to sign permanently.

It's a dilemma because those are the kind of defenders we need and there is no way the old guard will provide the same level of passing and mobility.

Cos South Yorkshire Police jumped on us as soon as we went anywhere near the town, We walked past the Police to go into the town to get some cash out and they said 'You here for the football, where you from, why you going into the town, you'll get chucked out off everywhere.' so we explaned we were going to get cash and they pretty much followed us.

The south Yorkshire police are tossers they end up causing trouble, they tried to stop me getting back to my car I had to button my jacket up, me and my dad must have looked really threatening to them!

As soon as we got off the coach, we wanted to stretch our legs, we wernt allowed to walk anywhere, besides that compound. Complete over-the-top with the number of policemen/women.

Good bit of banter with a copper about the Xfactor though, and how he wanted to get back to his missus and enjoy the man that is Wagner.

Is there generally a lot of trouble at Barnsley!?!? I was really shocked at the safety message on the OS prior to the match!!

I think it's got to do with South Yorkshire Police being South Yorkshire Police.

That and the recent crowd troubles surrounding the Hull fans at Barnsley.

Nowt to do with us.:thumbup:

Is there generally a lot of trouble at Barnsley!?!? I was really shocked at the safety message on the OS prior to the match!!

It's just an overtime gravy train for the police. From what I saw today the Barnsley fans don't even wake up 'til gone 4 o'clock and then it's not long before they're heading home! lol. Trouble? They might have trouble finding enough beer in Barnsley to drown their sorrows! lol

I loved every minute of this game.

Being stood with the rowdy crowd at the back was insane, especially when we scored :)

And the pile ons when we scored lol

Great support at the game today, thank god we have loyal support :scarf:

I loved every minute of this game.

Being stood with the rowdy crowd at the back was insane, especially when we scored :)

And the pile ons when we scored lol

Great support at the game today, thank god we have loyal support :scarf:

I loved it too but was a bit disapointed as I got there late and ended up low down with the quieter sat down lot

Archived