Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ajthefox

Headphones

It's my 20th a week on tuesday and basically I want to get some decent headphones cause lately it seems like my ipod headphones let in a lot of outside noise, so unless I turn them up to the max, which is far from good for your hearing, I sometimes struggle to hear my music.

I'm browsing online now, but since there are so many on he market, I was just wondering if anyone had some recommendations.

I'm quite open to price range since it's probably the only thing I'll get, but I don't want to be paying £100

I quite fancy some outer ear ones as opposed to inner ear, but if there was a great pair of inner ear for a decent price i wouldn't say no.

These are quality. Loved using these when I was travelling on busses alot etc. Only reason I don't now Is that I now drive and big speakers and subwoofers are better lol,

Sennheiser do top quality in ear & headphones. And those ones for £9 on play are a proper bargain. Easily better than most £30-£40 earphones. Skull candy do good quality cans too. If you did wanna spend more cash tho you wont go wrong with sennheisers PXC 450's, i personally would put them On par with Bose quiet comforts.

Those Sennheisers are phenomenal value at that price, and weren't bad at £30.

I do prefer the MkIs to the MkIIs as I think the latter are a little bright for my liking but I'm sure I'd get used to them.

A word of warning, be very wary of buying from re-sellers, make sure you're actually buying direct from Play or Amazon if you're using them, as for some reason there are loads of fake ones in circulation and if you look at the reviews, a lot of the moans are about dodgy ones

Those Sennheisers are phenomenal value at that price, and weren't bad at £30.

I do prefer the MkIs to the MkIIs as I think the latter are a little bright for my liking but I'm sure I'd get used to them.

A word of warning, be very wary of buying from re-sellers, make sure you're actually buying direct from Play or Amazon if you're using them, as for some reason there are loads of fake ones in circulation and if you look at the reviews, a lot of the moans are about dodgy ones

I forgot about that, i do remember looking on amazon i think and they were selling for around £15 at the time on there but there were alot of dissatisfied customers on there saying of poor build quality and sound.

My running headphones are really grinding my gears, seem to go through a set every 3-4 months because of a loose connection near the mini jack making one or both ears cut out. Surely there must be more durable 'loop' style earphones. Anyone got any suggestions?

The current ones are those Sennheiser/Adidas OMX 680s

My running headphones are really grinding my gears, seem to go through a set every 3-4 months because of a loose connection near the mini jack making one or both ears cut out. Surely there must be more durable 'loop' style earphones. Anyone got any suggestions?

The current ones are those Sennheiser/Adidas OMX 680s

There are a few sets on here mate, all depends on your budget tho.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/sports-headphones-ct-1.html

• 9 months later...

Depending on budget obviously but i really facking love these.....

http://www.google.com/m/products/detail?devlocsession=off&gl=gb&source=search&client=ms-android-samsung&q=sennheiser+headphones&channel=products&hl=en&cid=3108866963597771531&page=20&start=20#prd:c

....pricey though. there are other suggestions at the bottom though

Edit: it has been said that there is no real difference with these & the PX350's though bar comfort. and alot cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I've always been a Sennheiser fan because I thought they offered the best value for money.

But recently, two of my in-ear headphones (CX-300/CX-400 respectively) have died due to issues with poor manufacturing (cables and contacts not attached properly and wear and tear taking their toll a bit too early for my taste).

I'm hence looking for suitable replacements and, surprise, Sennheisers are obviously high up on my list again.

Yet... are there any reasonable alternatives on the market? Preferrably in the same price range (Grado get good reviews, too; but they are sadly way too expensive)?

I've heard good stuff about the RHA MR-350 for instance, are they any good?

Advice is greatly appreciated.

If it's noise cancelling you want, I'd look at the Bose before Beats. Before anyone lets rip at me, I do own the Beats. Whilst they are good, I think the Bose are better. The noise cancelling is slightly better and I think they are more comfortable for longer periods of listening. HMV Leicester have a new headphone section with plenty of headphones you can try. Don't forget Leicester HiFi, they have a few decent headphones as well (I got my Grado's from there).

• 6 months later...

just going to bump this, I have had to send my Dr Dre beats headphones back due to the left ear just deciding to stop working! the good thing they are only 16months old and have a 3 year warranty the bad news they can take up to 10 weeks to come back!! so in the mean time I need some good but cheap head phones, as the posts stop about 6 months ago I didn't know if anyone has recently purchased a good but cheap pair??

• 2 weeks later...

Bose Quiet Comforts. If I ever have to buy a new set of cans in my life, I doubt I'll get any that sound better or are as comfy for less than a grand.

Yes, they cost me the best part of £300, but I'd wanted them for ages, and I don't regret buying them for an instant.

Can anyone recommend some headphones for running? I get well sweaty ears so my current in ear Sennheiser ones start slipping out after awhile.

Had a look online and there just doesn't seem to be a standout pair so curious to hear if anyone has any suggestions.

I can't remember the name of the brand but they do earphones specially for runners e.gdon't slip out, wire doesn't get caught, fit right, and the sound quality was also meant to be top notch. Just cant remember the brand

lol

• 3 months later...

Archived