Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

It's receiving some really decent reviews - even though there's nothing else to do than live and see Rome back in the 15th century.

Recruiting additional assassins and creating a "gang" should be most fun.

Graphics look stunning as ever.

I wasn't so sure about getting this, but seeing that AC 3 is supposed to come out in 2012, I might just as well bridge the time with Part Two Dot One.

I just hope they tweaked the controls around this time, last year's game was a wee bit frustrating in that regard.

Yeah only really got into AC this summer, bough the orginal about 2 years ago and it took me 18 months to really play it for some reason. Brillant once you get going. This will be it for me until Gear 3 in April though as everyone has said too many games out at the minute but line has to be drawn somewhere!

I was going to start a thread on this! Beaten to it by Alex. That's ok. I'll start the AC3 thread instead... :thumbup:

It is good to see good taste in games shared by people on here. Fallout New Vegas may not be everybody's cup of tea, but this ought to be.

AC2 was brilliant. It was so good I did EVERYTHING there was, with 1000G (:cool:) in the bag.

This one promises a campaign of roughly 12 hours, although the hardcore will probably take 20 hours to do the lot. Missions are harder to synchronise to 100% completion as some have certain conditions which have to be met. The glyphs are back. As are more of da Vinci's creations and so on.

In short, can't wait to get my hands on this.

Game of the month! lol

I've never actually played any of the Assassin's Creed games but I'm quite tempted now. Best to start with the first one? Bet it's cheap now.

Yep, best to start with the first one but it isn't that essential. You can pick it up for a couple of quid on ebay.

I've never actually played any of the Assassin's Creed games but I'm quite tempted now. Best to start with the first one? Bet it's cheap now.

In order to appreciate the storyline, you really ought to start with the first one - it's also more basic than it's successor.

AC 2 is already miles further in terms of playability.

AC: Brotherhood now ordered via Play.com.cool.gif

The first one is a must. Granted you could pick up the storyline through the odd youtube clip here or there, or wiki or whatever. You'd be missing out though. For me it was one of those titles that was truly "next gen" when it was released, and although a little rough around the edges, was one of those concepts never seen before in gaming and quite unlike anything else for its time.

AC2 takes everything from AC1 and blows it away. The game was by far one of the best sequels of any game franchise ever made. Ubisoft are on to an absolute winner with the whole AC concept. They can do anything they choose with it such is the brilliance of the story and the way in which it is executed. Where they take AC3 is anyones guess.

Critics will say that the gameplay is a little simplistic and the storyline confusing, but it's different, and different is good.

Well, here is my view so far.

Picking up right where we left off in the vault, it brought back good memories. The recap of the whole story right from the beginning was a nice touch too. Good for newcomers to the series. Then the 20 hours+ of devotion to AC2 is destroyed in minutes of the restart! :mad:

Still, it's all good, quite brilliant. The way it all ties in with present day is very clever.

Rome is frigging huge. Absolutely massive. It's literally all the cities from AC2 in one city. There's a ton of stuff to do. The tombs have been replaced with something to do with these Romulus guys and having gone through the first of these, would appear to offer slightly more finesse than those in AC2. Everything else is as good as it was and leaps of faith as addictive as ever as is climbing as high as possible to take in all the views.

It doesn't feel like an add-on or downloadable content, there's too much to do to call it that.

The story is going to end up with some great twist at the end, I can sense it! Who is Subject 16?!?!

Get this now, quality. :thumbup:

Everyone enjoying it, are they?

Having fun with your game, hmm?

Exciting times stabbing and a-slashing? Pocket-picking and a-wall crawling?

I bought it today but it hasn't been out of the box as the boy broke the Xbox.

Nutwank. angry.gif

Everyone enjoying it, are they?

Having fun with your game, hmm?

Exciting times stabbing and a-slashing? Pocket-picking and a-wall crawling?

I bought it today but it hasn't been out of the box as the boy broke the Xbox.

Nutwank. angry.gif

Oh i'm keeping my little one very much away from my 360! I'll build my own safe room if i have to

Plan.

I should have done that so he'd never be able to floor me at COD. It's embarrassing.

That's why i'm gonna build one, rule 1? you can't beat Dad at games you do and it's bootcamp.. So i'd rather build a safe room so he doesn't go bootcamp because i'm nice like that

Well, here is my view so far.

Picking up right where we left off in the vault, it brought back good memories. The recap of the whole story right from the beginning was a nice touch too. Good for newcomers to the series. Then the 20 hours+ of devotion to AC2 is destroyed in minutes of the restart! :mad:

Still, it's all good, quite brilliant. The way it all ties in with present day is very clever.

Rome is frigging huge. Absolutely massive. It's literally all the cities from AC2 in one city. There's a ton of stuff to do. The tombs have been replaced with something to do with these Romulus guys and having gone through the first of these, would appear to offer slightly more finesse than those in AC2. Everything else is as good as it was and leaps of faith as addictive as ever as is climbing as high as possible to take in all the views.

It doesn't feel like an add-on or downloadable content, there's too much to do to call it that.

The story is going to end up with some great twist at the end, I can sense it! Who is Subject 16?!?!

Get this now, quality. :thumbup:

Yep very good, although Multiplayer is very hard.

I seem to be bollocks at most Multiplayer games at the minute thought to be honest. Ach are going to be a barsted, espeically doing someone from a haybayle!

Single player is awesome. Loads to do, will take ages to do it all.

I've decided to upgrade shops, banks and so on rather than go on with the main story. Trying to bring in the money early. Sequence 2 is only 50% synched. I messed up the tomb and it took me around 12 minutes instead of under 8 minutes first time round.

I've looked around for subject 16 glyphs but still haven't found a single one!

Renovating doesn't cost too much although the landmarks cost a fair bit - around 25000f for one of them I passed earlier.

This is going to need serious game time, I reckon around 30-40 hours to do the lot.

It could be me, but I reckon some of the guards are faster than before as well on the escape sequences.

I bought Assassins Creed 2 for a tenner less than a month ago. Got a little bit into it and completed it. Brotherhood arrived on Friday but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Looking forward to it.

About done this I reckon.

Seems remarkable shorter than the last one. Which I was at for weeks, not even had this 7 days yet I don't think.

Archived