Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2011 in Music

I did this topic last year for 2010 and it proved to be quite popular as 2010 went on, so thought I'd start another one for 2011 :).

Here's some albums some might be interested in:

LOVE: Part ll - Angels & Airwaves

Time of My Life - 3 Doors Down

Detox - Dr Dre (haven't been following whether it's been fully leaked or partially leaked, I don't know)

Negrophilia - Lenny Kravitz

The Planets (instrumental album) - Dr Dre (never known a rapper to do an instrumental album :dunno: )

Born This Way - Lady Gaga

Kelly Rowland - Kelly Rowland

Lip Lock - Eve

There's a lot of bands/artists scheduled to release albums but are unnamed at this moment in time:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

The Strokes

Drake

Blink-182

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Lostprophets

The Offspring

Beady Eye (noticed the topic already)

Metallica

Them Crooked Vultures

The Killers

Andre 3000

Arctic Monkeys

Beyonce

Eminem

Evanescence

Green Day

Muse

Outkast

Taking Back Sunday

All these untitled ones have provisional dates and obviously these might change/be delayed.

Ones I'm looking forward to:

Blink-182

Eminem

Muse

The Strokes

Foo Fighters

Lostprophets

Drake in addition with a Lil Wayne/Drake collaboration album

If you know of any more bands/artists that are set to release an album next year then by all means post it!

Detox will be out by the summer, with only 1 leak from it. I dont think Eminem will be out til this time next year. Doubt Drake and Lil Wayne will release a album together, but the Carter 4 should be out in time for the summer. And I'll eat my hat if an Outkast album is out next year, more likely to get an Andre 3000 album

nothing there that really interests me, them crooked vultures, maybe

think i'll stick to the undergound scene...

Make it known :thumbup:

thought the killers had split up, isn't that why flowers released a solo album earlier this year?

They went on hiatus. Brandon Flowers confirmed in summer they are working on a new album.

Detox will be out by the summer, with only 1 leak from it. I dont think Eminem will be out til this time next year. Doubt Drake and Lil Wayne will release a album together, but the Carter 4 should be out in time for the summer. And I'll eat my hat if an Outkast album is out next year, more likely to get an Andre 3000 album

Apparently Lil Wayne and Drake's collab album will be called Like Father Like Song Part 2 :dunno:

Not really up to scratch with Outkast to be honest. Just went by some (very quick) research!

Apparently Lil Wayne and Drake's collab album will be called Like Father Like Song Part 2 :dunno:

Not really up to scratch with Outkast to be honest. Just went by some (very quick) research!

Like Father Like Son 2 is Lil Wayne and Birdmans follow up to the original.

2011 will be all about J.Cole for me.

You're so cool.

ha, no i didn't mean it to sound like that - tho i knew it would.

the point is, that none of those bands particularly excite me, yet for some reason they represent a cross section of what the music indusrtry (labels, radio, mtv et al) seems to want to serve up to the public.

there just seems to be a huge gap between what labels release and what i enjoy listening to these days.

which probably explains why small labels and internet sites like bandcamp (see sig) are doing so well.

so, not a criticism of people who are into those bands, but at the labels for not taking any risks on any new bands and performers

ha, no i didn't mean it to sound like that - tho i knew it would.

the point is, that none of those bands particularly excite me, yet for some reason they represent a cross section of what the music indusrtry (labels, radio, mtv et al) seems to want to serve up to the public.

there just seems to be a huge gap between what labels release and what i enjoy listening to these days.

which probably explains why small labels and internet sites like bandcamp (see sig) are doing so well.

so, not a criticism of people who are into those bands, but at the labels for not taking any risks on any new bands and performers

But hasn't it always been that way? Ever since I first discovered that there was other music than that which daytime radio wanted to hurl at me, I've had to chase, dig, investigate and analyze into thousands of different media in order to get what I like. Major record labels have never been that interested in taking risks - they want to make money and unfortunately, as you will see in many, many, other mediums such as film, TV and books, what Joe Public wants is "more of the same please."

Joe Public is a boring nonce. :cry:

But hasn't it always been that way? Ever since I first discovered that there was other music than that which daytime radio wanted to hurl at me, I've had to chase, dig, investigate and analyze into thousands of different media in order to get what I like. Major record labels have never been that interested in taking risks - they want to make money and unfortunately, as you will see in many, many, other mediums such as film, TV and books, what Joe Public wants is "more of the same please."

Joe Public is a boring nonce. :cry:

jepp, sad but true...

at least now we have the internet to side step the whole sorry mess.

i can't remember loving a REALLY mainstream band since blur...

A few British artists' albums expected in 2011:

Snow Patrol with their 6th album

Leona Lewis (with tracks written by Ne-yo possibly?) scheduled for summer release.

The View (early 2011)

Sway (for anyone interested in grime/hip-hop) album, The Deliverance 2, expected some time next year.

surely everyone is missing out on the biggest KASABIAN

Good point. Interesting to see how they follow up to the largely successful WRPLA.

They are writing songs this month and have confirmed some songs have already been finished for the album.

Like Father Like Son 2 is Lil Wayne and Birdmans follow up to the original.

2011 will be all about J.Cole for me.

Album out in February I believe?

EDIT: Was sure I read that somewhere but just checked on Wiki (not most reliable I know) and says its out December 2010.

There's a lot of bands/artists scheduled to release albums but are unnamed at this moment in time:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

The Strokes

Drake

Blink-182

Coldplay

Foo Fighters

Lostprophets

The Offspring

Beady Eye (noticed the topic already)

Metallica

Them Crooked Vultures

The Killers

Andre 3000

Arctic Monkeys

Beyonce

Eminem

Evanescence

Green Day

Muse

Outkast

Taking Back Sunday

Hopefully most of them wont though.

A few guys that drink in my local are releasing an album next year and if this

is anything to go by it should do well

I'm liking that. Will definitely look out for any more stuff they produce :)

One of my friend's bands, Le Carla (may have mentioned them on here before) could be releasing something too next year. They've had 2 EP's so far (most recent in May of this year), and have toured with The Blackout, We Are The Ocean and My Passion amongst others.

Archived