Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2011 in Music

Due to the PR schemers, indie wise you'll be looking at The Vaccines, Funeral Party and Clare McGuire.

As for me, other than looking forward to Funeral Party's album, I can't recommended anyone. Just don't consume music like I once did. I do reckon Warpaint will break in the sort of mid-stream of being rated over here by some folk.

Good shout Alex, seems like the vast majority of great new music is from the fairer sex, my music collection was 99% male until the last year or so.

Love these threads, makes seeking out new music so much easier. lol

I used to go to all the local vinyl shops to seek out new music, but there are so few thesedays. For shame,but at least vinyl sales are up, makes sense.

Plus these threads make me hopeful, makes me wonder if the top 40 sales is wholly due to prepubescent girls, although maybe thats the way its always been.

Good shout Alex, seems like the vast majority of great new music is from the fairer sex, my music collection was 99% male until the last year or so.

Love these threads, makes seeking out new music so much easier. lol

I used to go to all the local vinyl shops to seek out new music, but there are so few thesedays. For shame,but at least vinyl sales are up, makes sense.

Plus these threads make me hopeful, makes me wonder if the top 40 sales is wholly due to prepubescent girls, although maybe thats the way its always been.

I barely pay attention to the charts now. I'm happy with finding out about music from threads like this and don't really care for Top 40 any more. For example, I now really like The XX, J.Cole and Delphic thanks to people suggesting it on here.

• 1 month later...

BBC Sound of 2011 Nominees:

James Blake

Anna Calvi

Daley

Esben & the Witch

Jessie J

Clare Maguire

Mona

The Naked & Famous

Nero

Jai Paul

The Vaccines

Warpaint

Jamie Woon

Wretch 32

Yuck

I imagine, after glancing through the 2010 - Your Year in Music thread, that Nero and James Blake will be somewhere near the top of the results list, as will The Vaccines as I've heard their name bandied around here too.

Any thoughts on the rest?

Quality album can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks. Probably be the temper trap of 2011

Cut copy's new stuff is good so far looking forward to there album coming out

Quality album can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks. Probably be the temper trap of 2011

Cut copy's new stuff is good so far looking forward to there album coming out

They Australian?

Temper Trap seemed to have faded out unless they're in the process of making new music. Haven't heard much from them since Sweet Disposition (a top song by the way) came out.

As for the BBC's Sound of 2011 results go, Jessie J won it, with James Blake 2nd, The Vaccines in 3rd, and Jamie Woon and Claire Maguire finishing the top 5.

Surprised Nero didn;t make the top 5, and I don't think Jessie J should have won it as I listened to her debut song and was largely disappointed!

I've only ever got in to Nero because of some of the stuff they did with Chase and Status and other remixes they've done for The Streets, Drake and DeadMau5.

Probably would never have listened to Nero if it wasn't for those remixes.

They Australian?

Temper Trap seemed to have faded out unless they're in the process of making new music. Haven't heard much from them since Sweet Disposition (a top song by the way) came out.

As for the BBC's Sound of 2011 results go, Jessie J won it, with James Blake 2nd, The Vaccines in 3rd, and Jamie Woon and Claire Maguire finishing the top 5.

Surprised Nero didn;t make the top 5, and I don't think Jessie J should have won it as I listened to her debut song and was largely disappointed!

New Zealand, Temper Trap are Aussie and i think there releasing a new album later this year

Theres quite a lot im looking forward to this year but its all really obvious stuff.

The Strokes, The Streets final album, The Vaccines, Funeral Party and the new Blink album. Ill also get into the new Monkeys album as well. Any news on a 3rd Vampire Weekend album or 2nd Discovery album? Or anymore Bombay Bicycle Club or Miike Snow?

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it this afternoon on a blog dated 15th Jan...

Oh. A proper Cd rip only appeared on the site I use today. There was a scene rip last week but they are usually poor quality done by some spotty kid on his Mum's laptop

Archived