Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2011 in Music

For the fans of contemporary Canadian tunes:

memphis_here-comes-a-city.png

Torquil Campbell (Stars, Broken Social Scene) and his pal Chris Dumont's own little pop project offers its third album.

f71bc31cc32db8e2c9142180e8dd9ec0_w350.jpg

Malajube, a group of four from Québec, will release their own third album in Mid-April.

220px-Collider.jpg

And Sam Roberts, the rock wunderkid from Montreal, will be ready with the newest oeuvre, "Collider", later this May.

... and some cracking albums coming up next this May:

My Morning Jacket are to surprise everyone with "Circuital", but it will be tough to top "Z"

My-Morning-Jacket-Circuital.jpg

Death Cab For Cutie's new throw, "Codes And Keys":

codes-and-keys-cover.jpg

And last but not least, Hooray For Earth's full-length debut, "True Loves":

HsailsFE_cover_art.jpeg

artworks-000006352983-qt1o6g-original.jpeg

It's been a while in the making, but Tellison have finally brought out a new album. And it's as good as the debut (if you heard it). Roo, you might like this actually. Not sure whether you've heard of them too Alexei?

The bassist of Tellison once accused me of stealing his hoody (a £10 grey zip up H&M job) and spent 15 minutes insisting I gave it him back, before the div realised his was underneath his guitar case.

CSB :cool:

If you like Cut Copy have a listen to Holy Ghost.

Didnt like the album; thought it was really boring. Same goes for Metronomy's new one which seems to have been hyped to ****.

Stepping back in time a couple of weeks, April in fact but this album is superb, been loving it past couple of weeks. I suppose you would call them indie-folk. Thinking they might do well, already been touring with some big bands.

The head and the heart.

The-Head-and-the-Heart-2.jpg

Pala by Friendly Fires.

Nothing will top this in 2011 for me. I'm certain.

Should be a cracker but i'm sure your more looking forward to the new Mumford and Sons album coming out around September/October.

Archived