Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2011 in Music

Pala by Friendly Fires.

Nothing will top this in 2011 for me. I'm certain.

Oh, has anyone already mentioned Friendly Fires' new album Pala?

FriendlyFiresPala.jpg

Out in about two weeks time

Yeah downloaded this today and i can say it is very good

It's all about Miles Kane, album out tommorow cant wait

Very, very disappointing.

What did I say about Miles Kane in court mate!?

Got ridiculed for it at the time!

I've just listened to it again, and it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it was first time around. Could be a grower, there's still some absolute belters on here.

Loving the Foster The People output, Roo!!

Where did you hear about them?

I was sitting next to an Aussie chick on a coach to Athens in September and we were listening to her ipod and pumped up kicks came on. Then in Feb we caught up and she was playing it again and she had a spare ticket to see them the following week. Quality gig sold out even tho they weren't that well known and only had 2 tracks on you tube.

Follow the links to listen to there whole album for free.

I was sitting next to an Aussie chick on a coach to Athens in September and we were listening to her ipod and pumped up kicks came on. Then in Feb we caught up and she was playing it again and she had a spare ticket to see them the following week. Quality gig sold out even tho they weren't that well known and only had 2 tracks on you tube.

Follow the links to listen to there whole album for free.

I already got myself the album... via inofficial channels.ph34r.gif

Their style reminds me a bit of Oh No Ono from Denmark and Maroon 5 put together.

Most tracks are quite fresh, but I fear for the worst - songs like "Pumped Up Kicks" are destined to dominate this year's Summer charts.

I already got myself the album... via inofficial channels.ph34r.gif

Their style reminds me a bit of Oh No Ono from Denmark and Maroon 5 put together.

Most tracks are quite fresh, but I fear for the worst - songs like "Pumped Up Kicks" are destined to dominate this year's Summer charts.

You're not one of those blokes that drop off a banned all because they get "too popular" or become "mainstream" Either way i think they will become big but your poppy style radio stations wont play them.

I reckon a few of there tracks have a bit of early MGMT about them, but i've got the album thru unofficial channels as well and it's getting plenty of listening time :thumbup:

You're not one of those blokes that drop off a banned all because they get "too popular" or become "mainstream" Either way i think they will become big but your poppy style radio stations wont play them.

I reckon a few of there tracks have a bit of early MGMT about them, but i've got the album thru unofficial channels as well and it's getting plenty of listening time :thumbup:

Like I said, I like FTP, but I'm a bit sceptic

a) because they've signed with Sony, a major label, probably forcing the radio stations to play them in rotation in excess in a few weeks time

c) because of the apparent pop appeal

No, I'm not going to drop them. In fact, I can boast about having heard about them earlier than many others.wink.gif

Out of all the ten songs, I like "Hustling (Life On The Nickel)" a lot. It's catchy.ph34r.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to listening to the Ghostpoet album. Blown away, wasn't expecting it to be so good. Reminded me of the impact of hearing Brand New Second Hand for the first time. If you like slightly leftfield hip hop-ish sounds check it out.

Finally got round to listening to the Ghostpoet album. Blown away, wasn't expecting it to be so good. Reminded me of the impact of hearing Brand New Second Hand for the first time. If you like slightly leftfield hip hop-ish sounds check it out.

It is pretty fucking good.

He reminds me of The Streets back when they were more raw

Just got round to downloading Friendly Fires' Pala - it's fantastic. Gonna be my album of the Summer, me thinks. :cool:

Archived