Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2011 in Music

Finally got round to listening to the Ghostpoet album. Blown away, wasn't expecting it to be so good. Reminded me of the impact of hearing Brand New Second Hand for the first time. If you like slightly leftfield hip hop-ish sounds check it out.

good album, love his laid back style.

worth checking out the dBridge remix of survive it thats just been released, I reckon you will love that James

Kaiser Chiefs back, rather strange new album - they've recorded 20 songs, put them up on their website and then you can take 10 of them to make your own bespoke album.

And create your own album cover too.

Don't know about this. Interesting concept, but maybe it's also a little, i dunno, lazy?

Prussian i think this is one for you.

Debut Album comes out later this year and this is the first single. I liken them to Fleet Foxes

One of my other fav tunes

Hmmm. I like it. Though there's only little Fleet Foxes in there, I hear more rock and Wintersleep (the bass style is eerily close).

And create your own album cover too.

Don't know about this. Interesting concept, but maybe it's also a little, i dunno, lazy?

Aye, it does seem lazy, but on the other hand it means you can avoid the absolute duffer tracks put in most albums to flesh them out and just have an album of good songs instead.

Hmmm. I like it. Though there's only little Fleet Foxes in there, I hear more rock and Wintersleep (the bass style is eerily close).

This probably has more fleet foxes about them, i love this band so chilled and easy to listen too.

Also see you mentioned Mother Mother a couple pages back love the tune oh my heart :thumbup:

Anyone heard the new Arctic Monkeys album? It's brilliant. Good to see that they're moving on towards a new sound and writing better lyrics. They've gotten rid of the whole 'went down the chip shop in my tracky bottoms' like lyrics. It's a brilliant album!

Anyone heard the new Arctic Monkeys album? It's brilliant. Good to see that they're moving on towards a new sound and writing better lyrics. They've gotten rid of the whole 'went down the chip shop in my tracky bottoms' like lyrics. It's a brilliant album!

I actually thought it was a pretty poor album lacked a certain energy and didn't have that buzz about it and as for lyrics "lately I've been seeing things... belly button piiii errrrrr cings" is a shockingly bad lyric

This probably has more fleet foxes about them, i love this band so chilled and easy to listen too.

Also see you mentioned Mother Mother a couple pages back love the tune oh my heart :thumbup:

I've been loving this band for quite sometime, especially the first song. The girl is quite hot too in a kooky kinda way. Great summer time music.

I'm still not sure on Suck It and See either, Jay.

I can appreciate their move to a different sound (Humbug onwards), I'm just not a huge fan. I hate myself for saying that, because I loved all the EPs and the first two records but I'm really just not 'getting it' at the minute. One or two standout tracks amongst a bland bunch.

At first I was a little underwhelmed by Suck it and See, but as I've listened to it more I've fallen in love with it. Yet again they've pulled out another great effort in a different style to the others, and succeeded well in my opinion. Really like the 60s influences. Hellcat Spangled Shalala is my personal favourite, closely followed by That's Where You're Wrong. It's a grower, much like Humbug was.

I actually thought it was a pretty poor album lacked a certain energy and didn't have that buzz about it and as for lyrics "lately I've been seeing things... belly button piiii errrrrr cings" is a shockingly bad lyric

Haha yeah. That is pretty shit! Regarding the album, it took me a few listens before I really got into it.. I like their new style and imo Suck it and See and Humbug are better than the first two.

After seeing Caribou live twice in just under a week I'm starting to wonder if he might just be the sound of my generation, even moreso than The White Stripes (previous holders of that accolade)

The live act is absolutely PHENOMENAL, and Swim is hardly to be sniffed at either.

Seriously, I urge you to see this guy live at the nearest possible opportunity...

After seeing Caribou live twice in just under a week I'm starting to wonder if he might just be the sound of my generation, even moreso than The White Stripes (previous holders of that accolade)

Blimey, really? Sound of your generation?

Sounds like someones been listening to a lot of nick drake, which can never be a bad thing.

The live act is absolutely PHENOMENAL, and Swim is hardly to be sniffed at either.

Seriously, I urge you to see this guy live at the nearest possible opportunity...

Love.

Archived