Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2011 in Music

Blimey, really? Sound of your generation?

Well people could try and suggest to me that Jack White and Jimi Hendrix are not the two greatest electric guitarists of all time, but I'd just chuckle.

And actually when I say The White Stripes I mean more specifically Seven Nation Army - that song on its own is more than enough to be the absolute track of a generation in my humble opinion...

But I suppose opinion is all it is. I'm just glad to see that Caribou is happening in a really brilliant way :)

I'm still not sure on Suck It and See either, Jay.

I can appreciate their move to a different sound (Humbug onwards), I'm just not a huge fan. I hate myself for saying that, because I loved all the EPs and the first two records but I'm really just not 'getting it' at the minute. One or two standout tracks amongst a bland bunch.

After seeing them in Sheffield last Friday, I've got a new appreciation for Suck It & See. Up there with the first two records for me, some fantastic songs on there.

I wish they'd stayed a bit more anonymous

Why? As long as the music still sounds good then I couldn't care less if they become a bit better known.

Christ, it's a huge moment of excitement every time I realise one of my mates has actually heard something decent at all, even if it was just in an advert or something!

Kaiser Chiefs back, rather strange new album - they've recorded 20 songs, put them up on their website and then you can take 10 of them to make your own bespoke album.

they're now releasing a physical copy of the album at the end of the month.

In other news the killers are back in the studio as, apparantly, are bloc party.

edit: American prog-metallers Mastodon are also recording a new album - entitled The Hunter.

james-drake.jpg

Mash up mixtape of Drake and James Blake. Very nice stuff

Download here

I might be being blind mate but when you follow the download links the only download buttons I can see are those annoying green ones(the virus ones) and ones you have to pay for... any other links? I have listened to it already but fancy a download.

item.jpeg

City & Colour - Little Hell

Dallas Green has done it again, what a stunning effort.

Yeah it's a good album although a little on the suicide side of depressing though!!

The debut SBTRKT album is doing it for me at the minute

Archived