Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simmo86

Asia Cup - Yuki Abe

i have to agree that he is a usefull player. Not only in the World cup.

But since the WC, and like before, he didn't start any match. i don't know why. We played 4-1-4-1 in the WC. But now we play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 with 2 CM. And Japan coach only use Endo and Hasebe in the starting lineup. I like Endo too but he's a very smart, has experience but he is too slow. i prefer Abe too.

He'll need to fight for his place but it will be not easy because a lot of competition in the midfield.

Just to bring things full circle, I wanted to let you guys know that Japanese Yuki Abe fans are discussing FoxesTalk posts on Japanese message boards. http://yuzuru.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/football/1291028229/532

This post is translating FoxesTalk comments related to Abe's performance against Forest in response to a post that basically asks,"what the f*** are they doing to Abe's face on the 'he's there, he's there' thread?"

i have to agree that he is a usefull player. Not only in the World cup.

But since the WC, and like before, he didn't start any match. i don't know why. We played 4-1-4-1 in the WC. But now we play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 with 2 CM. And Japan coach only use Endo and Hasebe in the starting lineup. I like Endo too but he's a very smart, has experience but he is too slow. i prefer Abe too.

He'll need to fight for his place but it will be not easy because a lot of competition in the midfield.

I've read that Abe and another player who moved to Germany have both been left out of squads to let them settle in their new countries.

No just for the games since the World Cup.

Abe was left out of the September friendlies so he could settle in at Leicester, but brought back into the squad against Argentina and South Korea in October. He came on as a sub for Endo at the end of the Argentina game and did his usual unspectacular good job. Against South Korea, the manager brought on an attacking midfielder instead, as Japan was pushing to score at that point rather than protecting a lead.

I'm an Endo fan, but he's not getting any younger, and for Gamba he's often looked a bit listless the past couple of seasons. It's far too early to write him off, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Abe getting more time on the pitch for Japan and Endo a bit less in future.

Great forum, by the way! I've been quietly enjoying the discussions for a while, but this is the first time for me to post.

Great player, him & Wellens were awesome last night. He will be missed. Hopefully it doesn't lead to a dip in Wellens form.

PS Does anyone know why he doesn't take free-kicks, he's awesome at them for Japan

because Paul Gallagher and Martyn Waghorn seem to have eternal dibs on all free kicks, we could sign Beckham and even he wouldn't be allowed to take them

Nah Yuki would still find a way ;).

If he ever gets the flippin' chance :ph34r:

All want is to see him take one, just one. I'm still baffled as to why we've bought the "japanese answer to David Beckham" and he's been nowhere near any of the free kicks we've had. Most of the time he's nearer to our goal than where the free kicks being taken from.

Someone needs to start a petition or make a banner something along the lines of "Yuki Abe, give him a bloody chance on goal!" It could just be that japanese players are just crap at free kicks tho, and Yukis the best of a bad bunch :dunno:

Archived