Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
!-LCFC-!

FIFA 12 ideas/suggestions

I've got another two

1. Stop displaying a 'score from another game box', or a fooking stats box when I'm in the middle of trying to attack that wing.Hate it when I'm looking to thread a through ball down the line, but there's a flipping box in the way.

2. Stop the game from blocking my shots with my own players, and from causing my own players to run into me when I've just won the ball in defence.

your point number 2 notice how this never happens to the comp teams grrr

• 2 months later...

1. Make your teammates make more realistic runs. When i attack the flank my closest teammate runs a few steps in front of me pointing for a through ball, where he without a doubt should be running into the box, for a header etc.

2. Maybe make some technique where you can attempt a bicycle kick. I play Fifa a lot with my flatmate, and we are still yet to see an attempted bicycle kick. They always try and do some crappy header, when in fact, the best option would be to do a bicycle kick!

3. Update the commentary!! Sick of hearing "I did bring my umbrella Martin, because I knew you would forget yours." "That's very kind of you Andy, as I did forget mine"...

4. SCRAP THE FOOKIN PENALTY KICKS!! Don't care what anyone says. It's shit. What was wrong with the penalties in Fifa 10? It worked brilliantly.

Even if they don't improve any of this, I'd probably still buy it :)

I'd rather they focus on the smaller things like shirt tightness (for the tight liverpool/chelsea adidas kits etc), more of the ultra realistic faces that the top teams get (or at least more accurate players boots, long/short sleeve shirts etc for lesser known players), more stadiums and the little things like that rather than big gameplay updates/features that aren't really that good.

I get a bit of OCD when it comes to player details.

In custom tournaments, if you're playing with mates, keep the human teams apart until as late as possible. If there are two players, they should meet in the final, 3 or 4 meet in the semis etc. Fed up with playing mates at theses and after a couple of hours beating the computer, end up playing each other in the semi final.

Yeah, the quitters online have to be hit harder, EA Sports just need to look at the way they match make online games in all of their games. Should use the same model as Top Spin 4 which is quality not had any problems at all in 70 odd games.

1) (More) real stadia

2) Proper competitions (Champions League and Europa League)

3) Some team crests are still missing, in particular in Italy

4) Finally add the Greek Superleague and the Japanese J-League!!!

5) Real linesmen (real names)

6) Stop coming up with the odd WC game - offering a FIFA game that has all club AND international teams in ONE package would be a start

7) Fix the online play - FIFA 11 is terrible in terms of lagging, half the time connection is lost within seconds

8) Make Manager Mode a bit more attractive, the main screen is also too cluttered with info

9) Implement the additional fifth linesman, even if it's only for Europa League matches

10) Offer live league tables during a league game

11) Stop the silly player focus zooms just before a substitution (like danny. has already pointed out)

12) Improve the commentary - it's better than in FIFA 10, but sometimes, it's still off and the comments have no connection to the play whatsoever

13) FaceCreation could be a bit better, my FIFA 11 alter ego's face looks a bit... err... squished and nothing like me

First 4 points will all be license related, they don't have those licenses so they can't be included.

I read online that they are focusing on the player personality again.

It said that they are gonna adjust parts of it to suit certain teams and players better.

The example they gave was that in FIFA 11 when Crouch is playing on the Al side the team doesnt focus enough on putting balls and crosses into the box so they want too address that for FIFA 12.

My link

They need to do something about the abysmal crowd graphics. I don't care if they just have a couple of models and replicate them. They manage it on NFL games etc but the Fifa crowd looks like it's from PS1

• 2 weeks later...

On FIFA 11 players don't reach their full potential unless they play for you in fact other players don't seem to grow at all for example Oxlade-Chamberlain apparently worth 10 million dosn't grow at all and I'm 9 seasons in on one manager mode and he's still 63 overall. It's just annoying!

I think you should have the option of running into the crowd after scoring and take the booking. I'd also love the old leg brake tackle button again for when the ai team has pushed me over the edge. Also players that have a knock still run around like there fine. In manager mode maybe interviews after like in f1 2010. Could a match start off dry and rain later on or visa versa. You could even throw in games being called off during a game because of the weather unless it's at Ipswich lol

they need to make the atmosphere better and louder particularly for goals, and goals of importance etc etc

and one main point, i want this to be alot like real life so i dont want the goal keeper jumping and catching the ball like a cross when ive just smashed toward the top corner from the 30 yardss! they need to make the goals a bit bigger and the goalkeepers more prone to slip ups etc. i basically want to be able to feel like i can score anyway from any angle, like in real life! i want to be able to drill a shot from 20 yards towards the bottom corner and it just creaps in with a despairing dive from the keeper! i think it nees to be a more rigid system than every save n most goals having to be perfectly fluid and placed etc hard to explain but i know what i mean. i want championship goals, rough goals, goals that just bundle in off the post or that wrong foot the keeper and shots that go in despite not being in the corner all the time!

easier and more realistic transfer fees!

more inventive ai, i dont want to play the big teams all the time knowing that they do that stupid stop start running thing with the shoulder button,play stupidly quick ping pong passes and be one on one every attack!

some sort of momentum system maybee? i know they tried this years ago i think n i dnt want it to be an actual feature because that means more bugs, i just mean atmospherically, last minute rushes and hoofs into the area with loud screams etc loud applauses after cornerss etc

plus i dont want every shot thats not going to be on target always fly away as if it hit with the outside of the boot!

They need to make teams play like they do in real life, Stoke playing a direct style and Arsenal playing it on the floor alot more. NBA 2k11 did this to an extent. Improve the realism of the Career Mode too, sick of seeing Barcelona signing Dean Marney

Isn't that a choice that you pay for anyway?

Indeed but when you play online others have it on and certain players become better than they actually are, it shouldn't be allowed if you ask me.

MLB: The Show made it obvious through the weather that time was passing by. The sun would set, stuff like that. I'd love FIFA to have something similar.

The substitution animations could also use some work, Pro Evo always used to have the fourth official with a score board, was much better than a close up shot of someone running on. It's just little tweaks to add to the realism, I think the gameplay is pretty much nailed now.

Archived