Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gav_LCFC

PS3

I'm thinking about buying a PS3 mainly for blu ray and to play some of the PS3 exclusive games. Just need some help whats the best one to get 160gb or 320gb? What games to get etc. I have a 360 aswell so i have most of the games everyone would have for either one black ops, fifa 11 etc.

I decided to get the 360gb and got a free HDMI cable plus killzone2, metal gear, Resistance 2 and uncharted 1 & 2 all for £285. Is there any other ps3 exclusives that are worth getting?

Little Big Planet?

Gran Turismo 5?

There's more exclusives this year. (There need to be considering the 360 line-up :P )

Resistance 3, LBP 2, the new ICO game, errr... anything else? :blink:

Killzone 3 ? Uncharted 3? I've looked at heavy rain but i dont think it's a kinda game i would play. God of war looks good though.

I loved Heavy Rain despite having reservations about it; not sure how often I'd replay it though - but well worth renting.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a PS3 at Blockbuster. 320 gb, gt5 and one months free game rentals. Updates seem to take forever though! Currently waiting 100 mins for the GT update.

It's actually not worth doing, it makes the games loading times about 5 seconds shorter, but the GT update takes that long because its about 8 gig worth of data on the disc :thumbup:

Wheres the cheapest place to get one of these?

Go gamestation or somewhere and get a pre owned one mate :thumbup:

Was thinking about that but I wont have a warranty then, are these things reliable enough to risk buying on second hand?

Im sure you'll get a years cover from gamestation and if it does go tits up you can contact sony and they'll fix it for you for a repair price think its around 80 or so, I've had mine just over a year now and its still in perfect condition :thumbup:

Just look after it and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Im sure you'll get a years cover from gamestation and if it does go tits up you can contact sony and they'll fix it for you for a repair price think its around 80 or so, I've had mine just over a year now and its still in perfect condition :thumbup:

Just look after it and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Brilliant cheers.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love my PS3, had one for a couple of years a go but all my mates had a Xbox 360 so swapped over. I hated playing FIFA on the 360, just brought another PS3 with FIFA 11 and love it

What's better about FIFA 11 on the PS3? I always thought it was worse because the only noticeable difference for me was when the arena would load up the player would glitch and you could run with him then he would go back to the middle of the pitch.

What's better about FIFA 11 on the PS3? I always thought it was worse because the only noticeable difference for me was when the arena would load up the player would glitch and you could run with him then he would go back to the middle of the pitch.

Sorry probably worded that wrong to be fair. There is nothing different about the game in general just that I uses to have all the FIFA's on the PS1 and 2 so was used to the PS controller, so going over to the 360 the pad just felt so different and could not get used to it, so nw im back on the playstation it feels a whole lot better to me.

However there is no way I could play MW2 or BlackOps on the PS3 as again to me the Xbox controller feels so much better for FPS games

Archived