Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I find morning people are often very judgemental if you're not a morning person. We've people working on the house this week, arriving at 8am, it's been a challenge. And they're going to be working Saturday. I made a comment to someone about the early starts and got a right earful. I find the implication that I'm lazy just because I don't choose to be up at the crack of dawn uncalled for. 

13 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I find morning people are often very judgemental if you're not a morning person. We've people working on the house this week, arriving at 8am, it's been a challenge. And they're going to be working Saturday. I made a comment to someone about the early starts and got a right earful. I find the implication that I'm lazy just because I don't choose to be up at the crack of dawn uncalled for. 

If you are paying these people, I might be inclined to tell them what time to start!   I have OCD, so also struggle with early starts. I find it all so disruptive. 

Have anyone bought a refurbished TV before?  My three years old decided my TV would make a good racetrack and have damaged it.   Was thinking I would be better off buying a refurbished TV for few years until my boys get more older

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

Don't you start Wymesy, I had enough of that crap with tph.  

I haven't been a mod since 2018.

Spoken like a proper Mod!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody had any dealings with a 'no win no fee' solicitor? Looked at a few and they all look pretty much the same, as in call us on xyz or fill in this form and we will call you back. Very few of them tell you their fees should you win your claim. I only seen this on one website and that was 20% + Vat, is this pretty much a standard rate? All I want to know for now is do I have a case and if so is it worth pursuing. Also I have no idea how long these things take if It does go ahead.

Anything I can do to stop dogs peeing on something? I've got 2 planters outside my shop on quite a busy street and one of the planters has become an unofficial pissing post for evey single dog that walks down the street. Wouldn't particulalry both me if it was the odd dog here and there but it's leaving a constant mess and is killing the plants.

16 minutes ago, oakman said:

Anything I can do to stop dogs peeing on something? I've got 2 planters outside my shop on quite a busy street and one of the planters has become an unofficial pissing post for evey single dog that walks down the street. Wouldn't particulalry both me if it was the odd dog here and there but it's leaving a constant mess and is killing the plants.

Put a sign up saying “dogs, please don’t pee here” that’s what I’ve noticed shops do

• Like 1