Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Rincey, that radio station that you're connected with. Might give it a try some time.

What's the frequency Kenneth?

Not on FM ATM (maybe new year for another month) We use some of the airtime that Panj Pani radio gave us.

I got it wrong before. They are not sponsored by NHS but in partnership. The station is situated at the Towers hospital and a lot of the programmes focus on Mental Health. It is mainly an Asian Network probably because the ones who put their time and money into it are Asian and that is the audience they aim for. There is room for other spots as long as alcohol or drugs are not promoted and no swearing. Can be embarrassing especially as we played Jon Lennon's Working Class Hero one show when on FM and did not fade quick enough at a vital moment. The editors of Citezens Eye do a Jazz show on Saturday night.

They will be moving as the Towers is being demolished and moved. Not sure where its going. The General or Glenfield depends on the space and facility offered. Bulldozers etc are on site so will be within a year.

Not on FM ATM (maybe new year for another month) We use some of the airtime that Panj Pani radio gave us.

I got it wrong before. They are not sponsored by NHS but in partnership. The station is situated at the Towers hospital and a lot of the programmes focus on Mental Health. It is mainly an Asian Network probably because the ones who put their time and money into it are Asian and that is the audience they aim for. There is room for other spots as long as alcohol or drugs are not promoted and no swearing. Can be embarrassing especially as we played Jon Lennon's Working Class Hero one show when on FM and did not fade quick enough at a vital moment. The editors of Citezens Eye do a Jazz show on Saturday night.

They will be moving as the Towers is being demolished and moved. Not sure where its going. The General or Glenfield depends on the space and facility offered. Bulldozers etc are on site so will be within a year.

Cheers mate.

Sometimes with all the unfairness in the world I feel like I'm losing my religion. Will look out for it in the new year though.

Was just looking for some guy in an obscure part of my office building when i turned into a corridor and suddenly came face to face with a guy who looked almost exactly like me. We exchanged a freaky glance and moved on. It has left me feeling a bit uneasy, and there is this horrible dark paranoia hanging out in the corners of my conciousness, reminding me of its presence by occasionally firing shots of grim fear into the light, pulsing depression through my veins, leaving my brain saturated in a hazy and nightmarish fog.

Has anyone else ever got lost in their own office building before?

No but I have met someone who looked almost exactly like me. On a dancefloor in the main room in Fabric, 4am on a Friday night. He actually tapped me on the shoulder and then when I turned round he just looked at me said something "nerrrr, what the fúck" and then ran off. Weirdest experience. Wasn't really in the right state of mind to be handling something like that.

Has anyone else ever met themselves?

Edited by James.

No but I have met someone who looked almost exactly like me. On a dancefloor in the main room in Fabric, 4am on a Friday night. He actually tapped me on the shoulder and then when I turned round he just looked at me said something "nerrrr, what the fúck" and then ran off. Weirdest experience. Wasn't really in the right state of mind to be handling something like that.

Has anyone else ever met themselves?

Flippin' heck , that is weird !!

I think you should have a little chat with the people you've been calling mummy and daddy all these years.
you may be separated at birth twins. 

just joking  :thumbup:

:) Although I've heard we're all supposed to have a doppelganger somewhere ,
I think mine is Johnny Depp ,  :whistle:

If you're standing 1 metre away from the mirror, is your reflection in the mirror 1 meter away or 2 metres away??

Good question ,

My initial thought was that the "reflection" is still only a metre away but  i suppose the reflected light does have to travel 2 metres to get back to your eyes. 

Someone like large al ( the doctor) will be able to give a definitive answer no doubt  :)

Was just looking for some guy in an obscure part of my office building when i turned into a corridor and suddenly came face to face with a guy who looked almost exactly like me. We exchanged a freaky glance and moved on. It has left me feeling a bit uneasy, and there is this horrible dark paranoia hanging out in the corners of my conciousness, reminding me of its presence by occasionally firing shots of grim fear into the light, pulsing depression through my veins, leaving my brain saturated in a hazy and nightmarish fog.

Was his name Radovan? :P

• Like 3

If you're standing 1 metre away from the mirror, is your reflection in the mirror 1 meter away or 2 metres away??

Well your reflection is just you reflected in glass, so it is 0 metres away, as it is you, or it is two metres away as it is the distance the light travels there and back, it depends how you look at it, or you could argue the location of the reflection is the same as the mirror so 1 metre away.

New question:

Can anyone tell me what height my reflection is?

Rep point for the first person to give me the correct answer.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

Probably a stupid question, but for anyone who's with Barclays, can one person have multiple debit card accounts?

Just want to distinguish my main account where my money goes out for my phone bill, Season Ticket, TV...and have another account where I can save any surplus money.

Thanks.

Probably a stupid question, but for anyone who's with Barclays, can one person have multiple debit card accounts?

Just want to distinguish my main account where my money goes out for my phone bill, Season Ticket, TV...and have another account where I can save any surplus money.

Thanks.

I'm with HSBC & used to have two accounts.  One for my bills & a main account for spendo.  I used to have my wages paid into my main account & a standing order to my second account on the first day of every month to cover all bills.  I had a debit card for my main account, but not the second account.

I don't see why Barclays can't do this?