Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Howcome when you're travelling in a form of transport, when you, say, throw and catch a ball in the air, the ball doesn't move dramatically even though you're travelling 50+mph?

Same goes to an insect flying in midair, Howcome it doesn't exert tonnes of energy to stay within that vehicle even though its travelling shit fast?

Because the bus (or whatever) forms what's called an inertial reference frame. Google that for a full explanation.

You'd spend it on trying to prove your conspiracy theories ;)

:D  :thumbup:

Nah , you can't really prove them , you just have to wait long enough for them to gradually be accepted as common knowledge.
Anyone saying the JFK assassination was a conspiracy 40 years ago was considered a lunatic .  We're now getting to a point where anyone accepting it as fact that there was no conspiracy is just as likely to be mocked as those that believe there was .

The pendelum has swung so much now it's hard to imagine what it was like 

The passing of time is a great means to get people to accept truths , because 
they ( mistakenly) no longer feel threatened by the consequences. 

I have question which I'd rather be answered than jump to conclusion.

I am keeping a record of the axtivities of coming and goings at night. Last night coming from the kitchen I heard a scraping sound. I have a spyhole in my door so looking through it I saw someone seated and bending forward. The sound was scratching grinding sort of noise.

This morning there was the usual cigarette ends plus a couple of small drinking straws.

Any suggestions or has anyone paticipated in an activity that included the clues above?

I prefer sensible ansers On the sheet I fill out I have just put down similar to the above  so the housing officer can draw her own conclusions.

I am keeping a record of the axtivities of coming and goings at night. Last night coming from the kitchen I heard a scraping sound. I have a spyhole in my door so looking through it I saw someone seated and bending forward. The sound was scratching grinding sort of noise.

This morning there was the usual cigarette ends plus a couple of small drinking straws.

Any suggestions or has anyone paticipated in an activity that included the clues above?

I prefer sensible ansers On the sheet I fill out I have just put down similar to the above so the housing officer can draw her own conclusions.

Sounds like cocaine use to me.

And what do you mean by kitchen? Your kitchen?

Edited by Finnaldo

Yes my kitchen. They were in the passageway. Neighbour has had his electricity turned off. What gets me too is that they sit under the smoke alarm. Already gone off Monday and Tuesday after the tin foil had been removed.

I was hoping in a way it wasn't what you said but all I need do is describe what has happened. The rest is up to the housing officer and whoever she brings in as a result. Even though I suspected something similar I have to remain neutral in a stayement without proof. Although my description was good..

By the description you gave me it sounds like the only valid explanation really. Have you checked the surface it was on? If you haven't cleaned it there might be traces of it still there.

I prefer sensible ansers On the sheet I fill out I have just put down similar to the above  so the housing officer can draw her own conclusions.

Cocaine use mate defo.

But they never came up with the proof 40 years ago. A lot of those believers have passed on so the new ones are relying on 40 year old film footage. There will always be some story they can devote their life too istead of living it.

The assassination of JFK wasn’t a “story†Ken, it was a historical event. Some people even consider it a world changing event. People haven’t and aren’t wasting their lives trying to ascertain what really happened and why.

I’m not wanting to sound rude here, but maybe you should look a little closer at yourself before considering who is wasting their lives on “storiesâ€. :D  :thumbup:

Yes it was an historical event but my feeling is what good does it do to keep digging for answers. Is it going to find homes for the 50,000 families in New York that are living in slums. Will the resuls feed the worlds hungry?

It is an interesting subject and maybe wasting lives was a bit strong but I'm concerned with people issues. No offence.

Yes it was an historical event but my feeling is what good does it do to keep digging for answers. Is it going to find homes for the 50,000 families in New York that are living in slums. Will the resuls feed the worlds hungry?

It is an interesting subject and maybe wasting lives was a bit strong but I'm concerned with people issues. No offence.

Maybe you are concerned with people's issues and that's fine and dandy for you , respect !

But can you really not see the importance of getting at the truth of historical and world events and how they affect our lives .

If JFK was assassinated in the way many now believe , this is not just some Miss Marple type mystery being solved , it's still has immense implications about how the world is run and who is running it.

No offence Ken , but i really don't think you've grasped that  :thumbup:

Advice from married men required please!

I might be in the market for an engagement ring, but I'm fretting about getting the size right because I can't be arsed with the frig about of getting it changed afterwards.

I've been trying the obvious trick of trying to suss out which of her existing jewelery fits her ring finger. This is a tad difficult because, obviously, unmarried women tend not to wear anything on their ring finger (on their left hand at least). I came close to getting some intel the other week when she put a ring on, only to swap it onto her middle finger because it was too loose. 

Any experienced heads care to share some advice on how to handle this? 

I might be in the market for an engagement ring, but I'm fretting about getting the size right because I can't be arsed with the frig about of getting it changed afterwards.

I've been trying the obvious trick of trying to suss out which of her existing jewelery fits her ring finger. This is a tad difficult because, obviously, unmarried women tend not to wear anything on their ring finger (on their left hand at least). I came close to getting some intel the other week when she put a ring on, only to swap it onto her middle finger because it was too loose. 

DONT DO IT!!!  :frantics:

.....but if you must - Just buy a bag of hula hoops (cheese and onion) and ask her to see how many she can get on her fingers. You will have to number each hula hoop individually beforehand and be sure to remember the one that fits her ring finger the best. Then take the hula hoop in a shoe box wrapped in cotton wool and triple bubble wrap to the nearest Argos store to get the very best of service from their highly qualified jewelry experts.

EDIT: I`v just realised that I posted this whilst being twatted so its probably got a 7% (tops) chance of success.

Good luck.

Edited by I am Rod Hull
  • Like 1

I bought a cheap ring from Accessorize or somewhere like that and just guessed. I proposed with that while on holiday and then we went ring shopping together which was a nice romantic thing to do in itself. Just another option for you.

Taking that statement into account  , it doesn't seem like you're prepared to go to the ends of the earth to woo  the girl of your dreams . :D

Do the sphincter test... :ph34r:  Then tell her you have to pop out for a little while...

• Like 1

Do the sphincter test... :ph34r:  Then tell her you have to pop out for a little while...

:D

Very few jewellers are prepared to push that tapered metal bar into gent's backsides these days.
Personal service like that is a thing of the past now I'm afraid.
  • Like 1

:D

Very few jewellers are prepared to push that tapered metal bar into gent's backsides these days.
Personal service like that is a thing of the past now I'm afraid.

I don't know, people are usually bent over the Elizabeth Duke counter... but maybe there's a different policy for sovereign rings.  :ph34r:

Don't get married.

I didn't really do the romantic proposal thing, in fact I secretly suspect she manoeuvred me into asking her. We went and picked out the ring together.

PS Good luck, I hope she says yes. 

I didn't really do the romantic proposal thing, in fact I secretly suspect she manoeuvred me into asking her. We went and picked out the ring together.

PS Good luck, I hope she says yes. 

When you say you  secretly suspect  that  she manoeuvred you into asking her", do you mean she had your arm twisted up your back and her dad had got a shotgun aimed at your trouser zipper ?