Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Advice from married men required please!

I might be in the market for an engagement ring, but I'm fretting about getting the size right because I can't be arsed with the frig about of getting it changed afterwards.

I've been trying the obvious trick of trying to suss out which of her existing jewelery fits her ring finger. This is a tad difficult because, obviously, unmarried women tend not to wear anything on their ring finger (on their left hand at least). I came close to getting some intel the other week when she put a ring on, only to swap it onto her middle finger because it was too loose. 

Any experienced heads care to share some advice on how to handle this? 

Does she or you have a female friend or relative that she is close to and that you completely trust?

They could just so happen to go shopping one day together and stop by a jewelry and try on rings and necklaces and then buy some clothes and have fun and go to starbucks and just  have a fun day and then she could report back to you about the ring size. She'll also get a vague idea of the type of ring she prefers...

:thumbup:

( that's what I did anyway! :whistle: Worked perfectly... but it did cost me a few bob for her friend to suddenly have some money to take her shopping!)

Does she or you have a female friend or relative that she is close to and that you completely trust?

They could just so happen to go shopping one day together and stop by a jewelry and try on rings and necklaces and then buy some clothes and have fun and go to starbucks and just  have a fun day and then she could report back to you about the ring size. She'll also get a vague idea of the type of ring she prefers...

( that's what I did anyway! :whistle: Worked perfectly... but it did cost me a few bob for her friend to suddenly have some money to take her shopping!)

Thanks, actual good advice!

is it plugged in?

I'll check

Yes it is plugged in.

It has been acting slow for a while pages taking ages to load etc. Tried cleaning defragging etc. Probably got a lot of junk on it. Using my bigger laptop and TBH if its gonna cost a lot to repair or replace I'll use the laptop as my main PC. Its a reasonable size screen and I have most things on i need. Not sure what is on my PC that Is vital.

I know somebody that fixes PC#s but even though he's a kinda mate he'll charge the going rate. Mainly for parts and upgrades though.

I switched it off at the mains thinking if it was a fan problem it would cool down. Now theres no power going through. Before the on switch and DVD lights were flashing and I could not switch off manually. even when I switched on/off at the plug it did the same so I've probably buggered it up.

Does she or you have a female friend or relative that she is close to and that you completely trust?

They could just so happen to go shopping one day together and stop by a jewelry and try on rings and necklaces and then buy some clothes and have fun and go to starbucks and just have a fun day and then she could report back to you about the ring size. She'll also get a vague idea of the type of ring she prefers...

( that's what I did anyway! :whistle: Worked perfectly... but it did cost me a few bob for her friend to suddenly have some money to take her shopping!)

I got the female friend to come along and try various rings on so we could work out the size (they're similarly shaped ladies).

What I would say is that it is better to have the ring too big than too small because you can always re-size, but you don't want to ruin the moment by having to force the ring on to her finger and then having to chisel it off before it cuts off the blood supply.

You can also buy a connector for about £30

Anyone had a course of prednisolone? I've been given 30mg to take for three days because a chest infection is resistant to antibiotics.

Have read endless worrying side effects, can I expect hunger / nausea to kick in immediately or only if you start taking them for a while?

No, you can't vote in an election you're a candidate in.

Not sure about that. Why do they always show the PM at a polling station on Election Day casting his vote? I was under the impression all MP's have a vote, the same as the rest of us.

Not sure about that. Why do they always show the PM at a polling station on Election Day casting his vote? I was under the impression all MP's have a vote, the same as the rest of us.

MPs can vote for themselves.  They have to be on the electoral role in their constituency though, and they dont alwyas live in their consituency.

Anyone had a course of prednisolone? I've been given 30mg to take for three days because a chest infection is resistant to antibiotics.

Have read endless worrying side effects, can I expect hunger / nausea to kick in immediately or only if you start taking them for a while?

Very short term it might induce restlessness and sleep loss as well as occasionally some behavioural changes. Longer term it can cause feelings of anxiety and psychosis, skin to become thinner, and spontaneous rupturing of capillaries causing some bruising to appear.

I have seen many people who are taking Prednisolone long-term and I must say I haven't come across any of the more severe, psychotic type, side effects.