Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Is it expensive there?

well I went about 6/7 years ago, it was dear then, but it depends on what you're after. I stayed in a hotel pretty central (about 10/15 mins from the train station), and went out to eat of the beaten track, and ate well. I walked everywhere, Rome isn't that big really, and saw the sites, and avoided the places with giant queues, and essentially (imo - wastes of time - ie. Coliseum) saw the things that were out in the open and free. There were a few free museums, and when we went it was baking hot.

more to see history-wise in Rome, if that's your thing. Food's better too.

Not sure I agree, ancient history maybe, but Berlin is full of history, the whole Berlin wall thing, splitting the city in 2, communism, fascism and everything else. Berlin is packed with history, not saying Rome isn't, and possibly does have more history, its just your comment makes it seem like Berlin has no history.

Right going to book a city break tonight. Can't decide between Rome and Berlin. Berlin is cheaper(holiday wise, not sure once you're there) but colder. Any recommendations?

Is there any reason why it has to be those 2?

Not sure I agree, ancient history maybe, but Berlin is full of history, the whole Berlin wall thing, splitting the city in 2, communism, fascism and everything else. Berlin is packed with history, not saying Rome isn't, and possibly does have more history, its just your comment makes it seem like Berlin has no history.

I'm not saying Berlin doesn't have history. Suppose ancient history does it for me. I studied classics and I've seen all the 'World at War' on VHS so no need to go to Germany.  :ph34r:

Really fancied Berlin and it would have been a far bit cheaper. It was the temperature at that time of the year that swung it to Rome.

I need a holiday desperately. I'll be coming into some cash around November time which will fund it. We're talking roughly about £2-3k. Where's good to go that time of year or is it better to wait til spring? It must be hot and it must be all inclusive for a minimum of a week!

Is all of that amount going to be used on the holiday? Somewhere in South East Asia or Australia/New Zealand would be a good choice. In November it'll be approaching their summer so will be fairly hot.

I need a holiday desperately. I'll be coming into some cash around November time which will fund it. We're talking roughly about £2-3k. Where's good to go that time of year or is it better to wait til spring? It must be hot and it must be all inclusive for a minimum of a week!

Sri Lanka. You'll love it.

Everything. Struggling with my glasses and cant go to the optician until I sort some finacial stuff out with the DWP.

I have a scratch on one lens and my PC is defunct. I have to wait before that can be done too.

Keep meaning to check the plug so I can eliminate that as a caude.

Everything. Struggling with my glasses and cant go to the optician until I sort some finacial stuff out with the DWP.

I have a scratch on one lens and my PC is defunct. I have to wait before that can be done too.

Keep meaning to check the plug so I can eliminate that as a caude.

Which operating system do you have? (e.g. Windows XP, Vista etc?)

Question: Do all women bruise easily? I realise this may sound a bit creepy, but I've noticed with quite a lot of women that they regularly wake up and seem to have random bruises that they have no idea where they came from.

Nice that you get to wake up with "quite a lot of women!. Do you wake up with skinned knuckles?

Nice that you get to wake up with "quite a lot of women!. Do you wake up with skinned knuckles?

I've woken up with a lot more than I remember going to bed with, and sometimes I can explain it with the vigourous love making, but it is not always after waking up with me. I have friends that I've never touched and they'll show me their random bruises. I don't know if I know a lot of sensitive skinned ladies or whether it is a regular phenomenon amongst the women folk, or maybe there are men that bruise easily.

So how long should you wait before texting a bird from a night out?

Never text, give them a ring, first it is much harder to say no over the phone, second you will know if they have given you their real number and you avoid the whole anxiety of waiting for a reply. As for amount of time depends on why you asked her for her number. If it was to arrange a date, then the next day is fine. If it was more of a casual number acquiring then when you next have something worthwhile to say, such as 'are you out on Friday? We're going to (insert name of cool bar here)'

Question: Do all women bruise easily? I realise this may sound a bit creepy, but I've noticed with quite a lot of women that they regularly wake up and seem to have random bruises that they have no idea where they came from.

They bruise easily, so be gentle when you handle them :ph34r:

Never text, give them a ring, first it is much harder to say no over the phone, second you will know if they have given you their real number and you avoid the whole anxiety of waiting for a reply. As for amount of time depends on why you asked her for her number. If it was to arrange a date, then the next day is fine. If it was more of a casual number acquiring then when you next have something worthwhile to say, such as 'are you out on Friday? We're going to (insert name of cool bar here)'

I don't really know haha, we basically tickled each others tonsils for the best part of 3 or 4 hours. I don't know if it was just a bit of fun for the both of us or what but no harm in sending a text her way,

seeing when she's next out, worst that can happen is I get a 'yeah no' or just get blanked but I dunno, I don't think she's the sort. I'm not ringing though haha, that's just a bit awkward.