Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I don't really know haha, we basically tickled each others tonsils for the best part of 3 or 4 hours. I don't know if it was just a bit of fun for the both of us or what but no harm in sending a text her way,

seeing when she's next out, worst that can happen is I get a 'yeah no' or just get blanked but I dunno, I don't think she's the sort. I'm not ringing though haha, that's just a bit awkward.

It's almost the weekend. Would be perfectly normal to text her this evening / afto and see if she wants to go out tomorrow / Saturday.

Like you said, worst that'll happen is she'll just ignore the text and delete your number. If she don't reply, don't hassle.

Just said I had a great night, be cool to do it again next time she's out and wished her luck on her A Level grades which she got today I presume. Makes me feel a bit old actually haha! I got them 5 years ago. Ugh.

A bag full of sweets, a wink and a smile!

• Like 1

What should I have replied to my mother when she saw the word "Mo-fo" in a text and asked me what it means?

Tell her it's a latin phrase , something like "Mater Omnia Fornicata Odium" which roughly translates to  Love thy Thy Mother or something .

Be vague  :D

Where's AoWW these days ?

I thought during the school holidays she'd be on here bossing us all around more .

I'm still around - I'm just silently stalking you. :ph34r: 

I'm still around - I'm just silently stalking you. :ph34r:

:D I'm sure you've got much better things to do,  even marking homework books or something would be more rewarding .

I thought you'd fell out with us and our petty squabbles    :thumbup:

Did the shitstorm that appeared on Facebook and engulf the Globe pub get missed by FTers, and if so, how?

It's the sort of thing that usually gets people into a right lather

Was this the one where soldiers were being turned away from a pub because it might offend Muslims? My Mum mentioned this to me. I didn't pursue it.

Soldiers, Muslim, pubs, Leicester - it's pretty much the perfect shitstorm for this place.

Just read the story - seems it was a hoax?

Was this the one where soldiers were being turned away from a pub because it might offend Muslims? My Mum mentioned this to me. I didn't pursue it.

Soldiers, Muslim, pubs, Leicester - it's pretty much the perfect shitstorm for this place.

Just read the story - seems it was a hoax?

That's the bunny.

It was all a bit bizarre - as I understand it, the Globe's Facebook page was hacked, and a completely false annoucement posted that they were no longer serving members of the armed forces/ex services personnel as it could offend their ethnic minority neighbours.  Who did this or why, is unknown at this point.  They even posted a picture of the landlord and his wife - except it wasn't them, it was a couple from the Northwest, the picture having been lifted from a completely unrelated story from a regional newspaper.  What was perhaps less surprising was the response from elements of the good ole British public, always quicker to register how 'disgusted' they are at something, than check the facts behind a fairly unlikely sounding story.  Naturally, so incensed were some at the made up story that they started ringing up The Globe, making all kinds of threats and leading to them having to bring in additional security staff on Saturday.

The aftermath of all this is that the police are now investigating a 'malicious communication', and a lot of people on Facebook have been apologising for jumping on a somewhat shitty bandwagon and making themselves look like pitchfork wielding mentalists

• Like 1

That's the bunny.

It was all a bit bizarre - as I understand it, the Globe's Facebook page was hacked, and a completely false annoucement posted that they were no longer serving members of the armed forces/ex services personnel as it could offend their ethnic minority neighbours.  Who did this or why, is unknown at this point.  They even posted a picture of the landlord and his wife - except it wasn't them, it was a couple from the Northwest, the picture having been lifted from a completely unrelated story from a regional newspaper.  What was perhaps less surprising was the response from elements of the good ole British public, always quicker to register how 'disgusted' they are at something, than check the facts behind a fairly unlikely sounding story.  Naturally, so incensed were some at the made up story that they started ringing up The Globe, making all kinds of threats and leading to them having to bring in additional security staff on Saturday.

The aftermath of all this is that the police are now investigating a 'malicious communication', and a lot of people on Facebook have been apologising for jumping on a somewhat shitty bandwagon and making themselves look like pitchfork wielding mentalists

That's an interesting story. It's a good case study in how you can whip up hatred by printing a load of complete bollocks.

Edited by ADK

There have been actual cases of soldiers being turned away from bars and clubs for being soldiers though, so it's not as if it is completely unrealistic. Can understand people believing it though people should really know that the likes of facebook and Twitter aren't reliable places to get your news.