Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Would people consider a B in maths good?

It's not bad, but could be better depends on you really, assuming you have just got a B in your exams, do you think it is good?

If you worked really hard, put in a lot of effort and studied a lot for your exams and a B is what you got, then yes it is good, congratulations. If you did't put any effort in pissed about on your x-box instead of revising and turned up to the exam hungover then no, you let yourself down as you could have done better.

From a prospective employment point of view it won't harm your chances of getting work, normal minimum requirements are 5 GCSEs A-C including English and Maths.

It's not bad, but could be better depends on you really, assuming you have just got a B in your exams, do you think it is good?

If you worked really hard, put in a lot of effort and studied a lot for your exams and a B is what you got, then yes it is good, congratulations. If you did't put any effort in pissed about on your x-box instead of revising and turned up to the exam hungover then no, you let yourself down as you could have done better.

From a prospective employment point of view it won't harm your chances of getting work, normal minimum requirements are 5 GCSEs A-C including English and Maths.

My results went well as I expected, just thought I would have gotten an A in maths, I was probably not far from that grade though.

My results went well as I expected, just thought I would have gotten an A in maths, I was probably not far from that grade though.

If you are going on to study A-levels or degree then GCSEs become irrelevant pretty quickly, and even if you don't just missing out on an A in maths isn't going to make any difference.

If i take any ordinary coin and place it on my forehead it will stick to my forehead very easily and i can walk around and it doesn't fall off 

But i can't seem to get a coin to stick at all to any other part of my body . why is that ?

If i take any ordinary coin and place it on my forehead it will stick to my forehead very easily and i can walk around and it doesn't fall off 
 But i can't seem to get a coin to stick at all to any other part of my body . why is that ?

So you are asking why is your forehead the only sticky bit of your body?

my forehead isn't sticky , but for some reason coins stick to it , but nowhere else .

I must have led a very sheltered life as i have spent very little time trying to stick coins to different parts of my body. Maybe it is to do with surface tension of different types of skins cells.

I forgot that I had a question.

Does anyone use or had experience of the lesser known browsers? I have a link that lists them and a couple seem ok from the description but I've not heard of them They have some  good features. I use firefox but it doesn't seem to like Facebook games with many crashes. One browser removes the ads and another instant loads.

Using IE for Facebook today. Better but not been able to compare performance as I've not used Firefox there.

I must have led a very sheltered life as i have spent very little time trying to stick coins to different parts of my body. Maybe it is to do with surface tension of different types of skins cells.

have you tried it ? do coins stick to your forehead too ?

Right :D  look out for the "amazing zingari and his coin balancing act" next year on BGT  :thumbup:

if this don't get me a go at Amanda Holden I don't know what will .

I think you don't want to deliver the goods on your audition, you'll have nothing left for the live shows, which I have no doubt you would breeze through. Start small, perhaps 5p pieces, maybe two or three max, then as the shows go on, you can work your way up to a few £2 coins (maybe limited editions?)!  :thumbup:

I think you don't want to deliver the goods on your audition, you'll have nothing left for the live shows, which I have no doubt you would breeze through. Start small, perhaps 5p pieces, maybe two or three max, then as the shows go on, you can work your way up to a few £2 coins (maybe limited editions?)!  :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice SF  :thumbup:

Do i need a good sob story to go with it ?
Should I tell them I only found out I had this talent when I was homelss and sleeping rough and someone threw a coin on my head while i was asleep .  
I didn't realise it was there till I went in the offy for my 5 litre daily supply of white lightning and the shopkeeper took it off as part payment  ?
  • Like 2

Thanks for the advice SF  :thumbup:

Do i need a good sob story to go with it ?
Should I tell them I only found out I had this talent when I was homelss and sleeping rough and someone threw a coin on my head while i was asleep .  
I didn't realise it was there till I went in the offy for my 5 litre daily supply of white lightning and the shopkeeper took it off as part payment  ?

I think so. A sob story is a good bet to help lift your talent to the next level. If you have a relative who could recall a young Zingari, falling asleep counting his pennies, left over from his working wage down the pit, waking up when the bread broth for dinner was ready with numerous pennies firmly placed across his strong yet sooty brow, then I think you have a little more depth for the second episode or dragging out that story for the live shows and/or papers. 

• Like 1

I think so. A sob story is a good bet to help lift your talent to the next level. If you have a relative who could recall a young Zingari, falling asleep counting his pennies, left over from his working wage down the pit, waking up when the bread broth for dinner was ready with numerous pennies firmly placed across his strong yet sooty brow, then I think you have a little more depth for the second episode or dragging out that story for the live shows and/or papers. 

Flippin heck SF that pure genius , :D  

You're miles ahead of me with the sob story angle .

What percentage do you want ?

I might need another sob story in a few years time about how i had it all , but unscrupulous agents robbed me . 

Is it a kiss on one or both cheeks, to a lady?

(in terms of the face) 

Depends where you are, in Spain it is 2, in Italy I think it is 3, maybe in France 2.

In England we have our usual mixed bag of adopting some European customs but not very well. Living in Spain it was simple every, and I mean every, female you met in a social environment, you gave them 2 kisses when you were introduced and when you said goodbye, and you had to say goodbye to everyone, and a hand shake of every male. It is always funny meeting an English woman living in Spain, or meeting Spanish women in England a you just get this awkward do I, don't I sort of kiss chicken, waiting for the other to make the first move. 

Over here there really is no fixed rule, what ever you do though, be it a hand shake, one kiss or 2, do it confidently, do it like it is the most natural thing in the world and it will work, they might feel a bit awkward, but then you can make a joke out of it and it breaks the ice.

you push a hard bargain! 60%, the movie and any stage play musical adaptation rights and we'll call it a deal!

You must think I came in on the last banana boat!

OK , you get the rights and I'll go to 80% , but I want  a years supply of false beards for my mother and sisters  and throw in the gourd and i think we can close it  :D  

Edited by Zingari

You must think I came in on the last banana boat!

OK , you get the rights and I'll go to 80% , but I want  a years supply of false beards for my mother and sisters  and throw in the gourd and i think we can close it  :D  

Wait a minute! Something's fishy about this....Your mother and sisters don't need false beards!  :mad:  Deals off!

Edited by sphericalfox