Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Bollocks. I need a new bag then! Cheers.

if its a rigid bag they'll stick their cardboard box thing over it to check it. If its a soft bag providing you can ram it into the metal basket thing youll be ok.

Our bags were the above dimensions without anything in so i went upto EMA with a packed bag the night before we flew to check. I even asked one of the Ryanair staff at the airport if it was ok. It was and i was fine.

if its a rigid bag they'll stick their cardboard box thing over it to check it. If its a soft bag providing you can ram it into the metal basket thing youll be ok.

Our bags were the above dimensions without anything in so i went upto EMA with a packed bag the night before we flew to check. I even asked one of the Ryanair staff at the airport if it was ok. It was and i was fine.

I've manages to squeeze everything into one of those adidas "messenger" bags. Which is smaller and soft and squishy so should be okay. Cheers lads.

How long after you've made a petrol/oil mix is it advisable to not use? In my instruction book for the petrol strimmer it says 30 days but that seems a bit tight.

I would say 30 days is a bit tight.  I've used kit that has sat idle over the winter & bit's been fine.  Because it's got 2-stroke oil in there, it doesn't mean the fuel will go off any quicker.  It's not the oil they are referring to - it's the petrol.  If it looks fine, it probably is fine.  If it looks a bit off colour - chuck it in the car.

If you've only got the little bit in the strimmer, you might want to throw it away & start again.  If you've got a whole load of it in a can in the shed/garage.......fill the car up with it (unless it's a diesel!!).

PSinatra is the man to ask, he's the gardening guru.

lol  I'm no Alan Titchmarsh 

I would say 30 days is a bit tight.  I've used kit that has sat idle over the winter & bit's been fine.  Because it's got 2-stroke oil in there, it doesn't mean the fuel will go off any quicker.  It's not the oil they are referring to - it's the petrol.  If it looks fine, it probably is fine.  If it looks a bit off colour - chuck it in the car.

If you've only got the little bit in the strimmer, you might want to throw it away & start again.  If you've got a whole load of it in a can in the shed/garage.......fill the car up with it (unless it's a diesel!!).

I've got a big mix I did a while ago. Still looks the same reddish colour it was so I'll keep using it. Bought some see-through mixing bottles with the markers on the side, saved me getting in a mess. 

Not sure what I'll do with any spare as the motor's off the road, knackered up after long sit on drive and I'm running out of brush to cut. I've heard you're not allowed to tip any spare down the drain. And I suppose the canal's out of the question. Was going to have a bonfie but 2 litres could be too much kindling.

I've got a big mix I did a while ago. Still looks the same reddish colour it was so I'll keep using it. Bought some see-through mixing bottles with the markers on the side, saved me getting in a mess. 

Not sure what I'll do with any spare as the motor's off the road, knackered up after long sit on drive and I'm running out of brush to cut. I've heard you're not allowed to tip any spare down the drain. And I suppose the canal's out of the question. Was going to have a bonfie but 2 litres could be too much kindling.

If it looks & smells ok, I reckon you'll be fine.  Users manuals are always over-cautious.

I've used fuel on a bonfire before, in an old metal dustbin.  Probably not even half a litre.  About shit myself!!  

lol  I'm no Alan Titchmarsh 

I put loads of sweet williams (plug plants) in planters this year and none of them flowered.

everything  else was ok ( geraniums, busy lizzies. dianthus ) but not them .

Anyone else have this problem ?

I put loads of sweet williams (plug plants) in planters this year and none of them flowered.

everything  else was ok ( geraniums, busy lizzies. dianthus ) but not them .

Anyone else have this problem ?

I've seen plenty of Sweet Williams this year, so I don't know of any problems.  I pulled a load out the other day for a customer.  I was a bit reluctant as they they were still flowering & healthy, but it's what she wanted.  They are pretty easy to grow & require little care, so I really don't know?  They are a variety of dianthus - so if the others did ok & these didn't?  Sounds a bit odd.  Maybe you've bought some duds?  Sounds like a crap batch.

I am having to use a laptop at the moment and added pictures but the icons are not showing them. The icon is some standard icon so if I want to add a profile picture anywhere I have no idea which one to upload because they are all the same.

I have gone through all the options for displaying and now at a loss as what to do.

Help needed.please.

Thanks

Edited by Rincewind

I've seen plenty of Sweet Williams this year, so I don't know of any problems.  I pulled a load out the other day for a customer.  I was a bit reluctant as they they were still flowering & healthy, but it's what she wanted.  They are pretty easy to grow & require little care, so I really don't know?  They are a variety of dianthus - so if the others did ok & these didn't?  Sounds a bit odd.  Maybe you've bought some duds?  Sounds like a crap batch.

yes i suppose they were just a dud batch . I got them from B and Q so i suppose quality control wasn't the best

.It just seemed strange that not one of them flowered . I just got long "palmy" looking leaves without any sign of buds.

I think they got the seeds mixed up at the nursery .  :)

I did well with a dahlia plant this year though. it was massive ( kelvinside spotlight i think it's called ) hope it comes back again next year. it said it's perennial so it should do so long as the slugs and snails don't feast on it.

'Please'?

I know you're a product of the entitlement culture and all but surely basic manners aren't too much to ask when you're asking strangers to go out of their way to help you.

Entitlement culture? What's that?

No fooker ever gives me a please or thank-you  when they take a huge wad of our hard earned every month, but it's an "entitlement culture" if we get some of it back if we're ill or out of a job. 

Maybe they should set the standard  :D 

Edited by Zingari

Entitlement culture? What's that?

No fooker ever gives me a please or thank-you  when they take a huge wad of our hard earned every month, but it's an "entitlement culture" if we get some of it back if we're ill or out of a job. 

Maybe they should set the standard  :D 

Please shut up, thank you.

;)

yes i suppose they were just a dud batch . I got them from B and Q so i suppose quality control wasn't the best

.It just seemed strange that not one of them flowered . I just got long "palmy" looking leaves without any sign of buds.

I think they got the seeds mixed up at the nursery .  :)

I did well with a dahlia plant this year though. it was massive ( kelvinside spotlight i think it's called ) hope it comes back again next year. it said it's perennial so it should do so long as the slugs and snails don't feast on it.

I just looked them up - Kelvin Floodlight....... big fookers!!

I've got several dahlias, but haven't a clue what they are?  I bought a lucky bag a few years ago for £1.  Got 6 plants for that.  I usually wait for the first frost, dig them up, cut back to the tubers & store in a bag of sawdust in the shed over winter.  Sounds a bit long-winded but a lot less risky.  They don't like the cold & are susceptible to rotting if left in the ground.  If you use mulch - the slugs won't like that.

Please shut up, thank you.

;)

i can't fault your manners  :D

I just looked them up - Kelvin Floodlight....... big fookers!!

I've got several dahlias, but haven't a clue what they are?  I bought a lucky bag a few years ago for £1.  Got 6 plants for that.  I usually wait for the first frost, dig them up, cut back to the tubers & store in a bag of sawdust in the shed over winter.  Sounds a bit long-winded but a lot less risky.  They don't like the cold & are susceptible to rotting if left in the ground.  If you use mulch - the slugs won't like that.

they are the ones  :thumbup: i knew it was something like that . the flower heads were about 10 inches in diameter and about 5 inches deep . really bright yellow too .

it's been in the ground about 3 years now but this is the first time really good flowers have come out .

thanks for the tip , when it rots back i'll do as you said , cheers  :thumbup: