Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Hi all, just want to speak about something that happened today.

I was out earlier and came up to the traffic lights, there was an old man with a Zimmer frame crossing at an extremely slow pace (it took him about a minute to cross a single carriageway) and was holding the traffic up. I wanted to help but I honestly didn't think there was anything I could do about it so I walked past him.

About thirty seconds later someone stopped their car in the middle of the road near me and shouted "You're a pr*ck, why didn't you fvcking help that guy back there!" in a pretty aggressive tone. I said "well what was I supposed to do, shove him along?" but he drove off immediately.

Was I wrong to do nothing? Be honest with me please, I feel a little uncomfortable about the situation.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

To be perfectly honest I think I would feel a bit uncomfortable just walking past. Although there was nothing you could have done I think I may have walked by his side or at least offered to help (knowing that there wasn't much to do). I guess it would be out of a sense of politeness. That said the driver still sounds like a dick and you shouldn't really worry about it.

I am having to use a laptop at the moment and added pictures but the icons are not showing them. The icon is some standard icon so if I want to add a profile picture anywhere I have no idea which one to upload because they are all the same.

I have gone through all the options for displaying and now at a loss as what to do.

Help needed.please.

Thanks

I'm not certain that I'm fully understanding your question but I think you are asking how to show your image files as a thumbnail of the image.

I think the ability depends on what version  of Windows you have. For Windows 7 you need to install the Windows Desktop Update and follow the instructions on this link

Alternatively you can move your pictures to your "My Pictures" folder, which I think works for XP and on

Edited by Smudge

I'm not certain that I'm fully understanding your question but I think you are asking how to show your image files as a thumbnail of the image.

I think the ability depends on what version  of Windows you have. For Windows 7 you need to install the Windows Desktop Update and follow the instructions on this link

Thats pretty much it. I can't see what the pictures are unless I open them. Looked at the link and ended up at community help. Seen a similar question now to try the solution.

On Vista Home

Edited by Rincewind

Thats pretty much it. I can't see what the pictures are unless I open them. Looked at the link and ended up at community help. Seen a similar question now to try the solution.

On Vista Home

Like I said in my edit, if you move your photos from desktop to the "My Pictures" folder it should work, I just tried it and it worked with XP

Like I said in my edit, if you move your photos from desktop to the "My Pictures" folder it should work, I just tried it and it worked with XP

They were in My pictures. Thanks for the help I found the solution eventually.

Here's a possibility...go to...Start orb / Control Panel /

Folder Options / View tab / Files and Folders / Uncheck

'Always show icons never thumbnails' / Apply / OK.

They were in My pictures. Thanks for the help I found the solution eventually.

Here's a possibility...go to...Start orb / Control Panel /

Folder Options / View tab / Files and Folders / Uncheck

'Always show icons never thumbnails' / Apply / OK.

:thumbup:

If you have a dimmer switch and you turn it down, do you actually use less electricity?.

The old type of dimmer switch used variable resistor in series with the bulb  and dimmed the lights by effectively reducing the current flow by causing a voltage drop across the resistor thereby lowering the voltage across the bulb. However a lot of the saving was lost to heat generated by the resistor itself.
So probably there was some saving but not much.

Modern dimmers use a thyristor which rapidly turns off and on to reduce the amount of time that current flows. However, because of the circuitry in the dimmer, there is not a direct 1:1 energy savings. Dimming the light to 50%, will not equate to a 50% savings in electricity.But more effective than adding resistance.

I'd assume you have the more modern type and so I'd say yes it does save electricity.

Is it ever a good idea to text a girl again who hasn't replied to your initial text when you met on a night out? I can't decide if she's not interested, thinks its a non starter, is just a bit nervous or what. Women man. Women. I hate double texting, but its been a few days and I'd hate to not at least try as we really got on.

AOoWW, sort your gender out please. :D

Is it ever a good idea to text a girl again who hasn't replied to your initial text when you met on a night out? I can't decide if she's not interested, thinks its a non starter, is just a bit nervous or what. Women man. Women. I hate double texting, but its been a few days and I'd hate to not at least try as we really got on.

Don't text again, take the hint and take it as a pleasant surprise if she gets back to you.

Double texting is annoying if its a mate but if it's someone you don't even know its just odd.

If she's interested she'd probably have been chuffed you got in touch and replied immediately. Forget her and try again.

Don't text again, take the hint and take it as a pleasant surprise if she gets back to you.

Double texting is annoying if its a mate but if it's someone you don't even know its just odd.

If she's interested she'd probably have been chuffed you got in touch and replied immediately. Forget her and try again.

Way I look at it is if I text and get nothing back then at least I tried eh? Nothing to lose really other than that text pride.

Don't do it. Don't even send her a picture of your scrotum just hanging there with a 'this is what you could've* had' kind of air.

* important. Not could of.