Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

what's the best way to get rid of old cooking oil ?

can it be dug into the garden soil? will it burn in those old fashioned lamps ?

edit ; any other suggestions ? (no rude ones)

I've been using it to soak wood /paper etc  to have bonfires in the back garden but i'm getting fed up with getting rid of all the ashes.

I don't know if you live in Leicester but http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council-services/cl/waste-and-cleansing/news-and-events-old-version/cooking-oil-recycling/

• Like 1

i don't but i'll ask if there's one locally.

I really thought there would be something i could use it for .

I'm going to try using it in those old fashioned kelly lamps or oil burning lamps  that fishermen used to use. 

I think they might look good in the garden next summer in the evenings .

i'll save it anyway and try  some experimenting along those lines.

:D and thanks to other posters for the other tips 

What watches are people wearing these days and where's the best place online to look? Something simple, analogue and not too big. Anything from 50-100 or so quid I'd say, if there's anywhere I can browse that'd be even cheaper then go'ed. 

What watches are people wearing these days and where's the best place online to look? Something simple, analogue and not too big. Anything from 50-100 or so quid I'd say, if there's anywhere I can browse that'd be even cheaper then go'ed. 

Nixon make some nice watches in that price range. I used to have one a few years ago, they're well made.

Something like The Time Teller is simple and analogue.

http://uk.nixon.com/mens/watches/the-time-teller-A045.html?COLORID=1388

http://uk.nixon.com/mens/watches/

A045-000-view1.jpg

Edited by 21st Century Fox

I got this for my birthday couple years ago. Seems to fit the bill of simple, analogue and not too big but on the website I found this picture on it is listed as just over your budget.

1377531910-96648400.jpg

That's from TIC (time is changing) watches (not sure where my birthday one was from though).

I've been using it to soak wood /paper etc  to have bonfires in the back garden but i'm getting fed up with getting rid of all the ashes.

Stick it in a bin or pour it down the drain?

Anyone having trouble with their Sky box today, viewing stuff theyve recorded. Came down to watch MOTD and FLS. I press play from the start but all I get is a blue screen.

Any ideas?

I suspect you lost signal last night, isn't that the screen colour on Sky when you have no signal?

This was in a Mock The Week book.

Unlikely things to read in a school textbook.

Q:If Emile Heskey kicks the ball at the goal from a distance of five yards, how far back in Row Z will it land?

Tricky one. Row Z must be about 18 inches deep, could be anywhere within that.

i live on a lighthouse .

See you've sorted itpost-9784-0-29901200-1379948294.jpg

I ordered an item from eBay, it said 'dispatched on the 18' but I still haven't got it.

This might sound stupid, but does the post office keep packages back at all? ... Not sure what to do really.

Yeah it'll be at your local post office if they tried to deliver it and no-one was home. But then you should have an 'attempted delivery' card, which leads me on to this...

(2mins 12secs in)

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

So I don't know if this exists, but I assume it would do, I'm looking for a portable wireless speaker that you can attach a transmitter to the back of an amp as in part of a stereo stack not for a guitar amp, or a gizmo that could convert the sound to be picked up through the wireless.

Basically instead of buying a separate portable sound system, which would be CD only these days, I want to be able to listen to my vinyl/tapes/cds/radio/MP3s which I can do through my stack, but listen to them anywhere. When I search I only seem to come up with wireless speakers for mobiles, anyone seen or heard of anything like this? Do they exist?